Author Topic: NL hoping to continue?  (Read 9068 times)

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: NL hoping to continue?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2021, 07:41:26 AM »
Interest in the well being of the club with cash on the hip seems a decent enough reason

Yes sounds good doesn't it.  Until you realise that a , say 20% stake in the club is bought. This also comes with a 20% share of club debts, and 20% share of future spending shortfalls.  Just ask those involved with the Barrow Trust. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2021, 09:58:03 AM »
Is there a Media blackout currently in force at the Club? People who usually like to use social media platforms to excess are very quiet at the moment.
I'd like to know what the people in charge are actually doing to keep the club going without much income. Do they intend to carry on if the vote says they should? Is the Chairman prepared to put more money in or has he spoken to the Trust? Does he intend to lauch a major fund raising campaign? Does the club need saving or is it all ok?
These are the type of things the club can tell us now as they don't need the National League to make these decisions.

:oldman" :farmer: I really do like the sentence” does he intend to launch a major fund raising campaign" over the years there have been many of these launched,and nobody or indeed companies seem prepared to put money into the present set up for one reason or another. I am not privy to the reason why, but why launch anymore fundraising issues when they clearly fail at KLTFC at this point in our history. :oldman" :farmer:

I've not seen any major fund raising campaigns. I've seen a couple of well meaning minor efforts from supporters and others efforts which were basically a "give me money", Nothing that could be described as major though.

Chairman putting more money in? Why would he do that with so much uncertainty around? Although its possibly the only way he would have any chance of getting any of his loans back. Even if he's financially capable of loaning more to the Club, it must be a difficult call for him and his advisers.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2021, 10:02:34 AM »
Interest in the well being of the club with cash on the hip seems a decent enough reason

Yes sounds good doesn't it.  Until you realise that a , say 20% stake in the club is bought. This also comes with a 20% share of club debts, and 20% share of future spending shortfalls.  Just ask those involved with the Barrow Trust.

You asked why would the Chairman speak to the Trust.   That was the question I was replying to.   Not why would the Trust speak to the Chairman.  Obviously before any series money was handed over, by anyone those loans would need wiping out.  I seem recall SC saying it was only an accounting thing.   So that shouldnt present a problem.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »

Apparently the Chairman has previously said to a senior staff member that if he ever walked away from the Club he would write off the debt owed to him.

If he stayed and worked in conjunction with other's, I assume he may be wiiling to offer something similar to any incoming party.

Everything can be negotiable when people are willing to co-operate with each other.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2021, 03:42:59 PM »
By my unconfirmed calculations there is now a majority for null and voiding step 2, provided Resolution 1 passes. NLN and NLS appear to have cancelled each other out re Resolution 1 (4votes each), so it all depends on how step 1 has voted re Resolution 1........or maybe that should be" will vote", given how slow the voting is.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »

Apparently the Chairman has previously said to a senior staff member that if he ever walked away from the Club he would write off the debt owed to him.

If he stayed and worked in conjunction with other's, I assume he may be wiiling to offer something similar to any incoming party.

Everything can be negotiable when people are willing to co-operate with each other.

And with Mr Cleeves infamous past.....would you trust him B&G.... :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2021, 08:15:51 PM »

And with Mr Cleeves infamous past.....would you trust him B&G.... :laughcry:

As Boris and his No.2 Matt Hancock always say when asked questions during their Corona Virus updates.

That’s a very good question to ask!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »
I see Dover have finally pulled the plug and stopped playing for the foreseeable.......have furloughed all their players, returned their loan players to their parent clubs.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2021, 10:16:31 AM »

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2021, 12:08:28 PM »
Fully expect King's Lynn to do the same, but I guess for them it'll be once North/South are null & void so relegation is 100% off the table.

Be interesting if it does happen, if we see some former players return who'd be happy to play for free if expenses are covered such as travel (if they're available with no loss of earnings from work) such as Pedro etc. (that's if they're not on contracts with current clubs).

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 12:36:54 PM »
Fully expect King's Lynn to do the same, but I guess for them it'll be once North/South are null & void so relegation is 100% off the table.

The silence is deafening!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 12:39:19 PM »
http://www.doverathletic.com/news/club-statement-11/

Well I take my hat off to him....at least he has stood by his first statement and shown some balls.
The silence from some chairmen and clubs is deafening....but Dover Fc may have just shown the way for the rest to follow and can hold their head up.... :salute:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 02:12:29 PM »
What can he say ?    It sounds very much like unless someone comes up with a big pile of cash then we are in the brown  smelly stuff

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2021, 03:19:47 PM »
That's a bit over negative I feel Mall.
IF and it's a fairly big if, Resolution 1 passes then step 2 will be null and voided.....so no relegation from Step 1. A few clubs in the NL will have to furlough immediately and a few will be in that situation within a few weeks. The remainder are affluent enough to be able to continue. It's pointless teams being allowed to put out lower strength sides from an integrity point of view.......so I can see the top half of just the NL being allowed to play out their own mini league to provide a promotion / relegation to/from league 2, if the EFL permit it. If the EFL doesn't permit it, then NL will also be null and voided.
So hopefully in a couple of days time the votes come through as we hope and within another week or so Lynn can furlough and regroup for next season in the NL

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2021, 04:27:49 PM »
just remind me what does resolution 1 say

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal