Author Topic: Bromley away  (Read 2592 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Bromley away
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
3 much needed points up for grabs tonight.   If all 3 Leagues are to continue then we need to start picking up points.

What line up will Dilly go with tonight.?

Think we can take a point here, if we are up for it.

Hopefully SC will do a podcast to inform the supporters where the League is at and more importantly where the Club is at going forward.  As in maybe a Plan A, Plan B etc.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Bromley away
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 01:05:14 PM »
I don't understand why Lynn ate still playing, if they can't afford to.

Teams in step below are refusing to play until things are resolved :dontknow:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:15:02 PM »
Exactly KES....if things are sooooo bad.....then why are they actually playing?
Cleeves predictions in his podcasts have been way off.....maybe his calculations in how tight things are at the club are too.....as I said...its a game of brinkmanship....and it's all for more money.....nothing to do with health and safety.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 02:31:46 PM »
I won't get into the merits of continuing other than to say we (the club) were big supporters of both step 1 AND step 2 being classed as elite last year and that is now the factor that could well bring some clubs down (I really can't see the government bailing out clubs under anything but the most extreme circumstances).

As for tonight, much to Dilly's disgust I would like to see us try again with 3 centre halves as I really don't think we have been much better with just the two as it has effectively robbed us of any width in the side over the past few weeks and at some point this season I would like to see us be more than the sum of the parts which I saw plenty of times last year but we haven't looked close to this season.  Assuming Kiwomya is still unavailable I would go with:

Mair
   McFadden, Smith, Barrows
Jones, Richards, Jarvis, Denton
                Carey
          Marriott, Gash

subs, Fleming, Kelly, King, Mitchell, Southwell

To be honest, pretty much every player not in the starting eleven can make a case that those ahead of them haven't done enough to justify their place but equally the same could be said for anyone left out.  Really only Jones, McFadden, Richards, Gash, Mair and possibly an improving Smith have consistently shown they have both the ability and attitude to play at this level to this point in the season

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »
 With weather conditions as they are can't understand why game is being played Dover Barnet and Weymouth all off.Temps due to fall to -5 tonight.Think of the players for a change.

maidstone baz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 02:36:51 PM »
The game is being played on a 3g pitch so as long as its not covered in snow then should be ok to play

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 02:41:10 PM »
With The Walks pitch being covered one has to assume the Lynn season is going to continue. 

Does this mean the Chairman is going to continue to foot the bill or the players are playing unpaid ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »
Good evening all.  I haven’t the time to read Captain Sensible’s opinion at the mo - will do later.  So my closest opinionateratum so far on this thread is gs50, and I believe KES and Mallard.  I don’t think we should be playing. However - as we seem to be, at the risk of upsetting Tony B, I can’t go with the 3 CH “self-harm” system of spending virtually all the game in our own half, and hoping the opponents miss a bagful of sitters.  It might be more arguable if our GK started to command the box.  For what it’s worth, and I would suggest a tidy sum if you would be so kind, here is the Dilly team for tonight......

Mair;  Jones, McFadden, Smith, Denton; Barrows, Kelly, King, Kiwomya/Gyasi, Marriott, Southwell.  Subs Gash, Gyasi/Kiwomya, Carey, Brown, McCauley/Fleming.
No idea about the injury situation, but think subs should be used at h-t if we’re struggling.  Be nice to be as “footbally” as Hornchurch were - big learn available there !

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 07:09:06 PM »
Just want to add that Kiwomya would be the first name on the Dilly team-sheet, if I knew he was fit and available.  COYL......

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »
Bad night for the Dilly brain......  Forgot Richards !  Him in, instead of McCauley, and Barrows moves back.  Haven’t taken my pills yet !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 10:07:55 PM »
Dear oh dear, what an awful situation the club finds itself in. The writing's on the wall for Lynn I fear.............they have a Chairman who doesn't want to play, a manager who thinks it's farcical that things are continuing, (and I sympathize with the sentiments)a manager who doesn't seem to know his strongest side half way into the season and a squad of players who on recent evidence are not good enough to stay in the league. At the same time the likes of Weymouth, Dagenham etc are sending out the opposite vibe of wanting to continue and being positive, which is mirrored by on field performances. This time around keeping the core of players from the previous season hasn't worked and there are too many who seem unable to perform at the desired level.
If the season were voided now, only Jones, Callan-McFadden, Smith (maybe), Richards, Kiwomya, King , Gash (maybe), Marriott(maybe), Southwell (maybe), Barrows (maybe), Denton (maybe) would be worthy of being retained for next season. So if you were to take 3 of the maybes, thats 8 only.

If the season continues with relegation from the NL, Lynn need to change things quickly.... Weymouth have managed to do it by changing their ethos and quickly getting 2 quality centre halves and two good forwards. Lynn probably don't have the money for additions and at this stage it must be difficult to offload a few that would otherwise go to a level below. Seems to me that Lynn are in a bit if a pickle and a negative tail spin and some will be praying the NLN null and voids

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 07:33:11 AM »
On what Clubs have said they are going to do the North is looking like this

Null and Void racing into an 11-4 lead in the National League North.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 08:13:11 AM »
Will it be possible for the NLN to null and void separately, while the NLS continues or is the majority vote across both leagues ? This season really has been a shocker in terms of poor leadership from the NL Board and the number of postponements.............really tough for a team to get consistency and momentum. Voting seems to be looking like NLN void, NLS continue , NL continue. The whole voting procedure is a complete mess, is taking ages,when teams don't have time on their side. Clubs are being coerced into playing with the threat of sanctions if they stop. It's just so poor from the NL Board in so many ways this season. Messrs Cleeve and Culverhouse and all the other Chairman and managers have my sympathies......... surely there must be a way to oust the Board given their serial incompetence and questionable ethos. I feel confident a neutral body taking over would just scrap the season....there are no runaway leaders, the seasons only half way through and unlikely to finish without clubs playing 3 games a week.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 08:33:00 AM »
Lets forget the politics, and talk about last nights game, well they are still getting paid ,  in a word, AWFUL!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal