Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 1250 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Attendance
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:16:22 AM »
 :oldman" :farmer: I know this is hypothetical, but what do people feel our attendances would have been this season, on what has been dished up on the field of play. I feel we would have had healthy attendances for our first  run of home matches. I am guessing possibly around the 15/1600mark and obviously much higher for the likes of Notts County/ Torquay and a few others. I also feel we have lots of fickle supporters and a combination of admission price, program and food and drinks and very poor performances on the pitch and we could well have been down to around 8/900 maybe even less for home matches, and this would definitely not be enough support to play at the level of football we want to play at. Where would this leave Mr Cleeve and the football club, my guess would be something along the lines of ďUSE IT OR LOSE ITĒ . This is only my opinion but what are other peopleís thoughts on this . :oldman" :farmer:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Attendance
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
Iíd largely agree with you predictions for the start of the season, but based on some of the attendances when there was a poor show on during the end of the Setchell years, Iíd reckon weíd be down to about 6-700 a week at this point of the season.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 04:49:18 PM »
In a normal season and at this level, a lot of it would depend on how many supporters the visiting team brings. Could be counted in 100ís rather than scores as per previous seasons.

Difficult one to call, but whatever the number I guess someone would say itís not enough.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 05:29:25 PM »
In a normal season and at this level, a lot of it would depend on how many supporters the visiting team brings. Could be counted in 100ís rather than scores as per previous seasons.

Difficult one to call, but whatever the number I guess someone would say itís not enough.

:farmer: :oldman" Totally agree, the bigger teams would bring support numbering in the hundreds ,but the smaller teams would possibly only  bring maybe 40/50, but my original post was really about the number of LINNETS that would make up the crowd and how fickle our supporters are. I have to agree even if we had 2000 in it would possibly not be enough for some connected with our club.  :farmer: :oldman"

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 10:15:33 AM »
If you remember this fixture was going to be our boxing day match, it would have been 4000 plus, now being a Tuesday night and if there had been no lockdown I think we would have been happy with 3000. I also think we would have been higher up the league, not many teams enjoyed coming to the Walks with a good crowd in. But as it is , I think we would be happy with a point.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »
If crowds had been regular, and we hadnít bumped into Tommy Virus, I believe the early games would have been 4 to 5,000.  This would have improved the cash situation so much that other players would have come in, keeping the snowball growing.  So, by now, I think we would have had a stronger team, and some of the best attendances in this league.  Approaching 5,000 for virtually every game.  I pray SC keeps his hopes up, and we could see this happening next season, with the very big clubs that this league supplies.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 06:21:44 PM »
If crowds had been regular, and we hadnít bumped into Tommy Virus, I believe the early games would have been 4 to 5,000.  This would have improved the cash situation so much that other players would have come in, keeping the snowball growing.  So, by now, I think we would have had a stronger team, and some of the best attendances in this league.  Approaching 5,000 for virtually every game.  I pray SC keeps his hopes up, and we could see this happening next season, with the very big clubs that this league supplies.

:farmer: :oldman" I like your thinking dilly, I canít quite agree with your figures as I believe 2.5 / 3 thousand would have been possible for a winning team ( more for the bigger teams), and I do agree we would have possibly have had more money to tempt higher quality players with,  itís becoming more obvious with each match now that some of our squad are not of the standard required to succeed in this league. We are a very small fish in a very large pond, but 5 years ago if I was offered Notts County at the walks on a Tuesday night in a league match, I would have thought I was dreaming, letís keep dreaming and hoping for brighter times in the not too distant future. :oldman" :farmer:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal