Author Topic: Culverhouse in Lynn News  (Read 1866 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Culverhouse in Lynn News
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:54:29 AM »
Nothing there that we didn't already know.........the voting process is taking way too long

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 11:27:48 AM »
Nothing there that we didn't already know.........

Very true, and it is from IC and not "Steve", who apparently always works best on his own.

.........the voting process is taking way too long

They should have only been given 48 hours to return their votes!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »
I have said it before they are trying to get season three quarters played then PPG to finish season.
Don't forget it has all got to be ratified by FA so that will extend time. Think SC should just stop playing  and face consequences.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »
I thought it was part of the League constitution that says 28 days has to be given.  Clubs had the option of all voting in 48 hours.  Presumably some didnít take that option

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 01:22:11 PM »
I thought it was part of the League constitution that says 28 days has to be given.  Clubs had the option of all voting in 48 hours.  Presumably some didnít take that option

The options were very clear, and the circumstances Clubs find them in were unlikely to change.

I can't see any reason for Clubs taking so long to vote, other than effectively forcing other Clubs to play on until the vote is in, irrespective of the other Clubs financial situations.

Strong rumour that the decision has been made already. Hopefully that's true so we all hear soon.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 01:27:16 PM »
Maybe the haveís were hoping the have nots would be given a grant or at least take out a loan so that haves could continue to go for their goal of getting back into League Football.

It does show the massive gulf there is in terms of finance between some of the teams in this League.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 01:32:24 PM »
I have said it before they are trying to get season three quarters played then PPG to finish season.
Don't forget it has all got to be ratified by FA so that will extend time. Think SC should just stop playing  and face consequences.

Another one has made the bold decision.

Ollie Bayliss

Chester "won't play any further League fixtures until the result of the resolutions is known."

"The significant costs of remaining fully operational no longer align with our overriding responsibility of protecting the financial viability of the Club".

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »
Shame our owner canít come out and give the fans his thoughts.    He is never normally slow at expressing his opinion on a range of subjects.  It must be 3 weeks since his last podcast.  Last season when we were in for Promotion PPG etc  on one occasion he did 3 podcasts inside a week.

Come on Stephen letís be having your thoughts at the very least.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 02:06:34 PM »
Shame our owner canít come out and give the fans his thoughts.    He is never normally slow at expressing his opinion on a range of subjects.  It must be 3 weeks since his last podcast.  Last season when we were in for Promotion PPG etc he on way occasion he did 3 podcasts inside a week.

I think he knows he is in a no-win situation.  There was a bit on the commentary last night when he said he thinks the league now have enough votes to call it and he thought it would be NL continue with the NLS and NLN stopping.  What he then advocated would be for those clubs that voted N&V in the NL to be able to cease for the season, effectively without penalty, which I just think is wishful thinking but until the league actually make some decisions I guess he doesn't want to give up our NL place in the way Dover have given up theirs for next season.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 02:08:38 PM »
Shame our owner canít come out and give the fans his thoughts.    He is never normally slow at expressing his opinion on a range of subjects.  It must be 3 weeks since his last podcast.  Last season when we were in for Promotion PPG etc  on one occasion he did 3 podcasts inside a week.

He's given his thoughts to the Lynn News & EDP, and as others have said, on the stream last night.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
Would it work for the Haveís to continue and play out a mini league leaving the have nots to null  and void their season.  Re-Group to go again in Aug ?   

No doubt the legality of that would not be covered in the Leagues constitution.   

Is it for certain that Kings Lynn cannot continue in any shape or form if the vote is in favour of continuing ?   

Would be interesting to hear from SC about the least and the ultimate punishments the club could receive in terms of fines, demotions etc.   Again this must be all
Laid down in the League rules.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »
At the end of every podcast he says I'll put together another one for next week.... :dontknow:...never happens...unless like you say mallard...it was end of last season and he had an agenda
His predictions so far have been way off the mark...I expect to hear from him the next time they want something like the covers needing to be put back on.
Although I dont know why the chairman doesn't just delegate and get someone to put a bit of info out on the KLTFC media page on Twitter.....cos at the moment that page is about as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house..... :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 08:08:41 AM »

His predictions so far have been way off the mark...

Hence why they're call predictions........

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »

His predictions so far have been way off the mark...

Hence why they're call predictions........

:farmer: :farmer: :farmer:......... :Sherlock: :Sherlock: :Sherlock:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal