Author Topic: Linnets Donation Pledge  (Read 960 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Linnets Donation Pledge
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:37:10 PM »
So, the club's latest response to the NL continuing and the lack of any further grant funding is "The Linnets Donation Pledge" https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/02/23/linnets-donation-pledge/

I appreciate SC is between a rock and a hard place in terms of how the NL's has responded to the COVID situation but this just smacks of more of the same without addressing the mammoth sized elephant in the room - for whatever reason KLTFC supporters seem unwilling to back the club sufficiently to sustain the costs of NL football.  Maybe once a decision has been made after the weekend those inside the club will sit down and reflect if the current approach is the right one in terms of financial viability going forward but all that can really be seen from the outside is that the model as it stands doesn't look sustainable.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Linnets Donation Pledge
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 04:45:04 PM »
Donate £300 to get ten free matches in the future.

If it will cost £100k to survive without playing (as recently quoted) then it requires over 300 donations.......so isn't this really a loan by another name ?... Haven't the club heard yet from Sport England as responses have been made....or is it that the response was unfavourable ? If the club has opened up its books and they support what SC had been saying then I can't understand why loans or for that matter grants are not being offered. Something doesn't quite add up currently and from a fan perspective it's rather worrying.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:47:45 PM »
for whatever reason KLTFC supporters seem unwilling to back the club sufficiently to sustain the costs of NL football. 

Some won't even buy streams to help the club, which I can't understand. If you would have gone to the game in "normal times" why wouldn't you buy a stream to watch said game? Each to your own I guess.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 06:16:23 PM »
for whatever reason KLTFC supporters seem unwilling to back the club sufficiently to sustain the costs of NL football. 

Some won't even buy streams to help the club, which I can't understand. If you would have gone to the game in "normal times" why wouldn't you buy a stream to watch said game? Each to your own I guess.

Maybe the Linnets fans feel somewhat undervalued with SC and his pricing structures.

Streaming £12. Highest in the League, and the League above.
Admission £25.  Even no cessions during the lockdown games where he could even sell out on reduced capacity.

Programme started at £15, down to £7, what is it now a fiver ?

Does he really think the Lynn fans like having it ripped out of them Paul?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 06:25:31 PM »
Iím not disagreeing prices are high, but Iíll stick to my opinion thatís itís a shame some wonít buy a stream that helps the club. I just think Iím saving a lot by not going to game so donít mind paying the £12.

Purchased mine for tonight, hopefully will see a victory.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 06:33:18 PM »
Just to say I have pledged my £300 as I would like to see the club continue running

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal