Author Topic: WHAT A RESULT  (Read 1291 times)

NORMSKI

• View Profile
WHAT A RESULT
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:33 PM »
Fantastic result tonight with all involved putting in a great shift.
Only blemish is both centre halves being substituted presumably injured.

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: WHAT A RESULT
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 12:07:21 AM »
Brilliant performance by the lads I donít know what Ian is thinking when he doesnít start with Marriot, my M O M would be my boy King

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:56:27 AM »
What a fantastic win and performance that was.    Is it a coincidence that Cameron King has found his form and we have a system that works for him and the team?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 08:37:53 AM »
Lets be brutally honest about it - Barnet are nowhere near NL standard and all of the commentary comments about they were good last year is irrelevant, they are a completely new team and looking at last night they would struggle at step 2 (not sure of the depth in NLS but would be bottom half NLN last season).  That said Lynn could only play against what was in front of them and good to see we tried to pass the ball which gave us the early two goal lead, also good to get Southwell and Marriott on the scoresheet confidence wise.  I think last night just shows how well the rest of the NL sides are organised and are that much sharper all over the field as when we do get a bit of space and time we can create, the trick now is trying to be competitive against those clubs rather than the likes of Barnet.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:53 AM »
Yes, great performance, and result.  Much more balanced side, with personnel to put the opponents on the back foot, instead of us.  King ruled the roost last night.  Iíd like to see Gyasi in action because he looks very sharp on YouTube, albeit at a lower level.- but if youíve got it, youíve got it !.....

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »
Cracking performance. Yes Barnet were poor but you can only play the opposition. Some good goals as well.

King now showing how good he is, and goals for Southwell/Marriott should help with their confidence.

Surprised there hasnít been more comments about it. Some are quick enough to do it when we lose.

Overall a very good night

John H

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »
Barnet were in the EFL only a few years ago, I think it was 2018 when they were relegated. We have come a long way and credit must go to Mr Cleeve. We have a great manager and a great squad of players. We can all 'pick' our starting 11, but that's for Ian to do. I was pleased to see the 11 that started last night. I wouldn't think there is need to change that too much for Weymouth, other than injuries that may rule out our two centre halves that went off.
Hopefully we can see the season out abd see where we are then. We are playing in a very competitive league and need to be patient. At the start of the season, our aim was to avoid relegation and consolidate. Barnet are maybe one of the weaker teams in the league, but we matched Notts County and with a little bit of luck we could have won that. Remember too, Torquay, great performance. We will be ok, just keep the faith.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal