Author Topic: Which way will he jump.  (Read 4131 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • The benefit of living here is the benefits.
    • View Profile
Which way will he jump.
« on: February 24, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »
Next Saturday see's The Linnets complete the last of the two games that were mentioned.

Presumably it will be decision time for the Club, so what do supporters think will happen after the weekend?

Personally, I think the Chairman will find a way to continue and play out the rest of the season, irrespective of how much is raised by the new SOS fund raising attempt, or other Clubs following the stance Dover have taken?

:dontknow:
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

gs50

• View Profile
Re: Which way will he jump.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
Needs to be someone out there who is prepared to back the club don't believe there will be sufficient raised in pledges.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:50:22 PM »
I think the Chairman should tell them to stick it where the sun donít shine, and hang the consequences.

However I think the Chairman will continue with the season.  The signs are all there.  Where will the money come from ?   The 400k question.    I donít think the clubs balance sheet will look very healthy when FY 2021 is published.   Then again it doesnít look very healthy as it is.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 08:32:26 AM »
So Mr Cleeve put in another 140k of his own funds last season.  Absolute madness.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »
Itís his money.   Surely he can do as he wishes with it.  Though how many years he can continue to do it is anyoneís guess.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
Just enjoy the ride.
It's the Rushden & Diamonds saga all over again but I'm not sure Mr Cleeve has Max Griggs' wealth.
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:56 AM »
Letís hope not.  Nene Park is now a housing estate, isnít it ?

What a journey The Diamonds went on though.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »
Having read the Chairmans article in the edp today don't  think any supporter would argue against stopping playing after today's game and face the consequences. A gun is being held at our heads absolutely disgusting.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
Certainly not.  Just surprised SC agreed to even play the two games.  Dover Chairman led the way.  Shame the other 6 clubs didnít back it.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 09:17:43 AM »
My guess is.....we'll be playing on after today. We shall see

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 09:26:54 AM »
In common with everybody else who writes on the forum, I do not know what state the finances are in. I assume that money coming in is very limited whilst some costs remain and therefore the chairman has had to continue to financially support the club. This can not go on for ever. What is important to me as a continuing supporter from the 60's is that the club must survive.

If this means finishing the season today and incurring some sort of penalty from that shambles at the National League then so be it, but survival is the main thing. If we have to drop a division or two, that will be disappointing but we will rise again as we always do.

Clearly more important things are happening in the world outside of football, but this club is very special to a lot of people including me.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 09:29:59 AM »
In common with everybody else who writes on the forum, I do not know what state the finances are in. I assume that money coming in is very limited whilst some costs remain and therefore the chairman has had to continue to financially support the club. This can not go on for ever. What is important to me as a continuing supporter from the 60's is that the club must survive.

If this means finishing the season today and incurring some sort of penalty from that shambles at the National League then so be it, but survival is the main thing. If we have to drop a division or two, that will be disappointing but we will rise again as we always do.

Clearly more important things are happening in the world outside of football, but this club is very special to a lot of people including me.

Fully agree. They shouldn't be forced to play on!
Apparently the Clocks go back this month, but I'm buggered if I can remember where I got mine from!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »
SC applied for and has been accepted for a 330k loan.  He is waiting for confirmation from League now that he can accept the loan.    Does this mean he is actually going to take it.?

What do people think.  Should he take the 330k to be repaid at 2% over 20 years ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »
SC applied for and has been accepted for a 330k loan.  He is waiting for confirmation from League now that he can accept the loan.    Does this mean he is actually going to take it.?

What do people think.  Should he take the 330k to be repaid at 2% over 20 years ?

Apparently Sports England wanted him to take 500k!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
Think the Chairmen of the clubs struggling financially in the NL need to get to together as a group, fast and make a stand....I see Halifax are going down the route of taking a loan, grudgingly....this is madness. Have they individually or  as a group taken legal advice....they surely musthave done....it would have been my first move. It can't be legal for the NL to force indebtedness on clubs or to demote them, when it is their error in the first place .I would have thought if6 clubs got together, had a legal letter drawn up handed it in to the FA for their perusal and then refused to play on as a group, they would be in a much better position than taking loans. The NL seem to be attempting divide and conquer....those being pressured need to get together and be robust .. and now !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal