Author Topic: Which way will he jump.  (Read 2932 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Which way will he jump.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »
You may guess that B&G.   I somehow think your guess would be wide of the mark.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2021, 03:03:03 PM »
Just listened to the General Manager of the NL, Mark Ives on 3 counties radio show . No answers there then,apart from wanting to listen to all the clubs and do the best by them to  hopefully have 66 intact at the start of next season. The FA and the NL really do sound like two over sized oil tankers that have somehow taken a wrong turning down the River Covid ........by the time they have slowly performed a nine point turn and got to a point of considering the possibilities, let alone making any decisions, the season will have all but gone.

Well all may be revealed tomorrow for Lynn, with the announcement...we wait to see...

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
I somehow think mallard might reveal all by then.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2021, 04:54:16 PM »
You may guess that B&G.   I somehow think your guess would be wide of the mark.

:dontknow:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
I might be proved wrong here...maybe tomorrow...but personally I dont think Cleeve has or ever had any intention of stopping.....this is all part of the brinkmanship game with NL board..... :dontknow:.... :countingmoney:
We shall see tomorrow no doubt... :gossip:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2021, 06:57:26 PM »
Maybe a day of  surprises ?    Season to continue but will the players be prepared to take such a massive pay cut?   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2021, 07:51:37 PM »
Maybe a day of  surprises ?    Season to continue but will the players be prepared to take such a massive pay cut?   

As massive as what?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2021, 07:53:50 PM »
Half

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »
Half

50%!

Someone will need their negotiating hat on to achieve that, or have a bloody big stick.

Everyone has to do their bit during the Pandemic, but that sounds a bit drastic unless they also have other jobs.

We don’t know how much Club needs to cut wage bill by, or what the salaries are but from the outside looking in, I’d have sympathy for any employee if they were asked to lose any more than 20-25% of their income.

If 50% is what Club needs to survive and players are happy with that then good on them.

If 50% is rejected by players, I could understand their thoughts on the matter.

Tough call.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »
I was already thinking 50% would be about the figure. If SC can furlough those that he can and the rest agree to around 50 %, then presumably the 300-400k to finish the season becomes nearer to 150-200k.,when you include travel and other costs.  8 home matches streamed,40-50k maybe 2homematches with crowds,40-50k maybe, 20k already pledged with hopefully more to come and the shortfall is not massive.

Can see how furloughs may work at 70-80%, provided the scheme continues and can see how 50% might be acceptable for  just 3 months for players who have a main job. Goes without saying that 50% for those who don't have a second job, probably won't work.

I believe everyone has been paid fully up till now.......many people have had only 70-80% over past year, some self employed a lot less even with the grants.........as its only for a short term, it might be do-able for many of the team.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:00 PM »
50% must be painful when before yesterday’s game many would be thinking worst case scenario furloughed.

Will the Club still be taking a massive loan debt onto his books as well ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 09:22:55 PM »
Yes agreed, painful but no guarantee furlough will be extended beyond April at current %age.
Plus if you love playing........dont play and get 80%till April plus whatever is offered after that or do play and get 50%for next 3months........most love to play, so that will be important.
For this to work tho, my own feeling is that it has to leave the club with little or no extra debt on the books, given the sacrifices people will be making...... otherwise the club should just be moth balled

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 10:37:08 PM »
Yes agreed, painful but no guarantee furlough will be extended beyond April at current %age.
Plus if you love playing........dont play and get 80%till April plus whatever is offered after that or do play and get 50%for next 3months........most love to play, so that will be important.
For this to work tho, my own feeling is that it has to leave the club with little or no extra debt on the books, given the sacrifices people will be making...... otherwise the club should just be moth balled

Have to agree. If its 50% and 500k..........OUCH.

Surely both won't be needed?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
Won’t it ?   
  Needed or wanted ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
20 Feb
The DCMS has revealed that 19 National League clubs (Step 1 & 2) will be offered loans totalling a maximum of £5.4 million.

National League clubs will be notified of their individual decisions early next week.

The Government will fund lateral flow tests for clubs in Step 1.

Average of 280k per club.   Are we in the 19 and if so for how much ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal