Author Topic: Trust  (Read 4335 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2021, 11:37:06 AM »
A debate about a match we all watched is hardly going to last as long or draw as much interest as a debate about something that is going on that none of us know what the outcome will be....especially when a bit of spice is added by someone... :dontknow:
Such is life

Pretty certain "we" all didn't watch it.......and I'm pretty certain if we had of lost there would have been a lot more than the 6 posts there were when we won. But such is life.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2021, 11:39:45 AM »
I am pretty sure you're right Paul....maybe everyone didnt watch it....but who knows..... :farmer: :farmer: :farmer:
You yourself commented once on the match thread in question and 5 times on this thread.... :dontknow:...but as we say....such is life

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
I am pretty sure you're right Paul....maybe everyone didnt watch it....but who knows..... :farmer: :farmer: :farmer:

Those who didn't buy the stream missed out. Good performance and goals. Shame more didn't talk about it. Hopefully a similar performance and result tomorrow.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2021, 12:24:43 PM »
Spot on Paul, let’s see the season end with a humdinger, and a victory of course.  No City game on ifollow till Sunday, that should help swell the numbers.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2021, 12:58:45 PM »
Has anyone heard from Stan lately? Is it possible to have a virtual bucket collection during the live streaming? :dontknow: :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2021, 04:09:59 PM »
Pandemic has put us in this position nothing else , but then again when you got a supporters trust with supporters money not helping club they should hang their heads with shame , it’s common knowledge that those at the helm of the trust only have on interest and that’s gaining control of the club , they are not supporters only leeches

LOOPY, PLEASE CHANGE THE RECORD, ITS SOUNDS AS IF IT'S SCRATCHED.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
I actually have no complaints with the trust helping the club out,but I feel they need to get something in return. Or what is to stop the club coming back at a later date for more? :dontknow: :bankrupt:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
Depends who does the asking realist....I was outed to a certain person at the club at their request a long while ago...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2021, 05:58:35 PM »
However despite the point being simple and fair, the Trust just jump in and, in some cases, ridicule the Clubs current SOS situation and attempts to keep things going.

Where has the Trust ridiculed the current situation at the club? :dontknow:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2021, 06:14:12 PM »
See you did nothing after MARCUS ROSE called me a lapdog, deeply offensive.

Sorry to disappoint Realist,. But I was not referring to you. Unless you also post as Loopy Linnet. Also read the disclaimer at the bottom of page.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2021, 06:22:27 PM »
Are you telling me this post from Blue and Gold is a genuine interest in how the SOS is going? It is not!!!

Join the Trust and put your suggestions forward for consideration. If members then voted for the constitution to change, it would be done.

The Trust only has about 80 members. Lots of them from the older generation. Most of them still go to the Walks when possible. They are not a 5th Column, despite what some say on here and would like you to believe (or are put up to saying on here).

If we say there’s 1200 supporters these days, I make that an additional 1120 that could also contribute.

How many have done so at this moment in time? Exactly how is the Clubs SOS appeal going at the moment? Are we anywhere near the target yet?

I feel B & G has a valid point,you can't change things from the outside. :dontknow:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2021, 07:16:33 PM »
Realist, I have taken you at your word and gone back to your original post (edited below) and would give you my personal response (again this is just the views of one member, not that of the Trust)...

It is admirable that these fine souls keep to the constitution and principles of the original organisation and how they have maintained that in such a disciplined manner. However it is, on the other side, a very poor show for  a constitution drawn on normal times to not re-write the constitution in times such as a pandemic.  To this end the Government has had to do this in ensuring the country was provided the furlough system and other changes to ensure that people in this country were not found dead lying in the streets in which we live. So the trust must consider constitutional amendment.

I have heard nothing from any other Trust, not those clubs that are 100% Trust owned, those who own part of their club or even those Trusts who have no direct ownership, looking to amend their constitution.  As B&G has earlier said members can propose changes, although certain things are 'set in stone' which is, in part, down to how Trusts are regulated through the Financial Conduct Authority.

To this point it is understandable that they may find it to much of a risk to part with even some of their "foodbank" to this particular cause, but we must see some "noise" from this group before kick off on Saturday. One way or the other, yay or nay, with reasoning is required. Without this any respect the trust has within the terrace will be lost and the trust will in turn lose all credibility, and I suspect some membership. Here will be opposition to any future ambition the trust has for the continuation of football in Lynn and opposition to their future involvement.

I don't really understand what you are asking for here?  There are procedures in place if enough members want to ask for an EGM to discuss a particular issue (and vote where necessary) and equally the board have a duty to consult the membership before certain actions are taken but what you probably have is a board that speaks to / gauges their memberships views reasonably regularly so neither party (members or board) see that any action is relevant at this time.

What I would say is I know the dialogue between Trust board and the chairman is not what it could be, as evidenced by the fact that the Trust is still sitting on £3.5K of supporters generated money for ground development waiting for the club to put forward what they would like this money to be spent on.  The GDF (which is not a Trust scheme, nor Trust money but the Trust board administer it because, as noted above, they are a regulated organisation) previously paid money towards the new turnstyles at the away corner but for whatever reason this never really became the bridge between the club and the Trust/supporters that it could have been.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:23 PM »
Surely it’s more than just got off the ground Real.  I have read that two sizeable 4 figure sums have been donated.    Might well be enough in the pot by now to go again next week.  Unless it is going to used toward the £100k needed to get to the end of the season without playing.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2021, 07:26:40 PM »
Is it just me thinking it or does there seem to be a concerted anti-trust pincer movement today??.... :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2021, 07:31:54 PM »
I think there seems to be more interaction on the Forum than for sometime.  Long may it continue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal