Author Topic: Trust  (Read 4129 times)

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Trust
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:35:27 AM »
Why are the trust not helping the club sitting on all those thousands would help see the club survive till next season ,though trust was set up to help the club or you all sit there waiting and hoping it go tits up to get your grubby hands on the club ,be real fans and help the club in these unprecedented times

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:38:11 AM »
Hi Loopy

Welcome back. Long time no see.

How you been keeping?

:scarf:
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:46:43 AM »
Loopy, thanks for the question which I am sure the Trust board are considering.  Unfortunately their AGM which should be in February has been delayed due to COVID regs but they have at least circulated their accounts to their membership which is one up on the FotL which haven't communicated to their membership at all this season to my knowledge and their AGM should have been around August last year.

For the Trust to 'give' any money to the club they would have to get authorisation from their membership and my gut feeling is that many would say in the present climate and without a change in the way the club operates it could be seen as throwing good money after bad (again this is just my personal opinion).  Remember the club was heavily in debt prior to COVID and that was playing at a lower (and presumably cheaper) levels than where we are now, so thought needs to be given as to how any future seasons could be funded not just the current one.

One bit of money the club could easily have access to is the GDF - I think I heard on commentary recently that the ground had passed it's grading assessment and there is £3.5K of fan raised cash sitting waiting for the club to communicate what they wanted that to be spent on - remember Loopy communication works both ways.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 08:54:44 AM »
Now would be a good time for trust to step up and help the club through this unprecedented time you may actually unite the fans as well ,as there plenty looking at the trust only wanting the club for themselves and their purposes ,trust is sitting on large sums money that could help this club through the current situation,why not trust approach club to help you may even get some respect from the many fans who think you only have one agenda of taking over the club ,What is the actual purpose of the money as it seems you have very little intention of helping the club unless you get control of it

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »
Now would be a good time for trust to step up and help the club through this unprecedented time you may actually unite the fans as well ,as there plenty looking at the trust only wanting the club for themselves and their purposes ,trust is sitting on large sums money that could help this club through the current situation,why not trust approach club to help you may even get some respect from the many fans who think you only have one agenda of taking over the club ,What is the actual purpose of the money as it seems you have very little intention of helping the club unless you get control of it

Now that's a good post for a change Loopy. Is it all your own work?  :dontknow:

Don't forget Loopy, the Trust is just the legal mechanism required, for the supporters to be able to have s voice, and raise money etc. Why not join the Trust Loops you could find yourself elected Chairman.

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
I am a long-time Trust member, a Lynn supporter since 1961 and occasional contributor to this forum. I tend not to comment on the ‘politics’ of the football club because many of the facts are not available to the fans. It is such a pity in what should have been a special season for the club and supporters that it appears to be going so wrong.
However, my gut feeling was that Lynn did not have the infrastructure in place to cope with National League demands even before the current crisis arose. I understand the Trust and Mr Cleeve’s relationship has been better in more recent times but over the years not so good.
It appears that Mr Cleeve wants to run the club as a one-man show. Fair enough, but if you take that position surely you have to accept full financial implications, even in exceptional circumstances.
As a Trust member I would be opposed to it handing over a large sum of funds to the club. That is not what the Trust was formed to do. But I would welcome the committee to offer some form of help and I am expect this is already being discussed.  Perhaps the money in the ground improvement fund could be considered as an emergency payment.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
So what’s the actual point of the money and let’s be honest trust has been making off the back of the club for years ,the club is struggling through a pandemic and you have a fans trust supporters and all you’re interested in is gaining some kind of control of the club instead of helping it out ,if there had been no pandemic the club would not be in this position ,how about putting it to the fans about helping the club instead of closing ranks and wishing the club would fold so trust can get their hands on the club ,

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 11:36:29 AM »
So what’s the actual point of the money and let’s be honest trust has been making off the back of the club for years ,the club is struggling through a pandemic and you have a fans trust supporters and all you’re interested in is gaining some kind of control of the club instead of helping it out ,if there had been no pandemic the club would not be in this position ,how about putting it to the fans about helping the club instead of closing ranks and wishing the club would fold so trust can get their hands on the club ,

The point of the money is the long term stability of a football club playing at the Walks in Kings Lynn. At the minute the trusts funds wouldn’t even solve the problem, and would prevent the trust acting in the future. When the club might need rescuing from oblivion, rather than providing life-support to an unsustainable financial structure exacerbated by the current crisis. The best thing for the club long term would be to stop playing like Dover has announced, even if it means demotion.

Picture the scenario: the club find a way to limp to the end of the year, just. Then they have to field a very uncompetitive side in the 21/22 season due to large scale cuts. The club find themselves in NLN again and SC loses interest in the club now that it’s going backwards. A situation like that, the trust funds would be useful. Right now, it would be as useful as Cnut shouting at the waves.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »
Always an excuse ,and there you some it right up it’s about the trust getting control of the club ,you’re not here to help the club only for the financial gain of the trusts inner circle

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 11:53:04 AM »
Surprised the trust just don't form their own club. Seems like that would be what they'd prefer, but actually don't want the hassle of running a club.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 11:55:22 AM »
I find it amazing(or maybe not) that some people seem to think its ok to tell other people what to do with THEIR money.

I wonder how many of these people have actually taken up Cleeves offer and donated their £300 yet? Are they also regular contributors to the Club via FOTL membership, or are maybe Club members (how much was that............£35)? Do they pay for streaming, or is it just the Trust members that bother to do that?

On that point, anyone know how the SOS appeal is going? People involved with this kind of initiative will tell you that the first 48/72 hours is a good yard stick to go by when predicting the final outcome. Expect about 1/3rd of the total amount to be given during this period. So hopefully there's been about 100 people subscribe to it by now. Can someone give us an update please?

Have have any (or all) of the Stewards, Bar staff, Media team, Management team, Sponsors, Players etc donated their £300 yet?

Lots of other people that can be asked the question.
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:06:36 PM »
Always an excuse ,and there you some it right up it’s about the trust getting control of the club ,you’re not here to help the club only for the financial gain of the trusts inner circle

Loopy, can you explain who the Trust's inner circle are, and how they gain financially from it?

Failure to come up with any credible answers, would  lead me to believe that you have only come on here, to divert attention from what's happening at the club. 
An all to familiar pattern  since 2010. Would you not agree Loopy.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 12:11:10 PM »
Still can't understand why people don't buy a stream for home games to watch the team they say they support? Yes I know it's more than anyone else in the league - but if you'd have gone to the game in normal times why wouldn't you buy one (and yes I know some people don't have the ability to access it or are at work). Every pound helps the club at the moment.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 12:18:25 PM »
Marcus the only concern of the trust is to try and get control of the club you done everything you could to mess it up for buster chapman and you all do same to Cleeve ,you should all be outed for what you are ,wanting to gain control of the club not helping it ,parasites for making money off name of the club including grants ,most trust are only in it for the money ,you have and had never intention ever helping this club if it got into trouble only to gain control of it

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »
You  didn't answer the questions Loops.  So I must assume you are spouting hot air as usual.

It's a shame that both owners of this club did not want to embrace  supporter  involvement, aside from handing money over.  As for grants, all providers were aware the Trust had no iofficial nvolvement with the club. Now if previous/present owners had been all for a community club, the grants would have been theirs.

Don't forget to answer the questions. If you know of any financial wrong doings let's hear them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal