Author Topic: Trust  (Read 4371 times)

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 12:44:13 PM »
Because all you demand is being on board of club , you crack me up youíll throw money at fc united but sod kings Lynn , you no damn well the only agenda this trust has is to gain control of the club

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 01:02:24 PM »
Would be the perfect storm if you had SC, FOTL, Trust abd a few other wealthy investors all had a share in the Club.

Only one person can make that happen and he seems very loath to lose any % of the Club.  Get the feeling he would let the Club go to the wall rather than let anyone else get involved.

Been a few people like that throughout history.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »
Would be the perfect storm if you had SC, FOTL, Trust abd a few other wealthy investors all had a share in the Club.

Only one person can make that happen and he seems very loath to lose any % of the Club.  Get the feeling he would let the Club go to the wall rather than let anyone else get involved.

Been a few people like that throughout history.

Of the current crop of players, at least two of the them have very wealthy parents, with at least one having previously been involved in supporting a Football Club.

I wonder if they have ever been approached?
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »
Correct me please if I am wrong, but although I am a huge fan of The Trust and if I am honest, only know a little about the FOTL,  the football club is now in an arena where mega bucks are required and help at this stage is neither in the remit of either organisation, nor do they have funds to make a significant difference if we are talking hundreds of thousands of pounds. The on field activities have outstripped the marketing and commercial activities by a huge amount leaving them way behind. Asking for donations is a real stop gap and knee jerk reaction which is doing nothing to the model going forward. Forging long term commercial partnerships and sponsorships is what is required it seems to me...an issue that many of us have been banging on about for sometime. Without it, or without a wealthy individual coming on Board, the club will struggle to survive at this level, even if it makes it to the end of the season IMO.

I think the step up in terms of playing level and commercial level has been a real shock to everyone at the club and the fans too ie just how big the step up is from step 2 to step 1

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 01:47:38 PM »
nobody knows whether the club would have survived under normal circumstances .We have been put in this position by the league starting the season when no spectators allowed in and then not stopping season when grants were no longer forthcoming.Stop playing after Saturday and face consequences as individual pledges will nether be enough however would like to be proven wrong.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 01:50:20 PM »
Correct me please if I am wrong, but although I am a huge fan of The Trust and if I am honest, only know a little about the FOTL,  the football club is now in an arena where mega bucks are required and help at this stage is neither in the remit of either organisation, nor do they have funds to make a significant difference if we are talking hundreds of thousands of pounds. The on field activities have outstripped the marketing and commercial activities by a huge amount leaving them way behind. Asking for donations is a real stop gap and knee jerk reaction which is doing nothing to the model going forward. Forging long term commercial partnerships and sponsorships is what is required it seems to me...an issue that many of us have been banging on about for sometime. Without it, or without a wealthy individual coming on Board, the club will struggle to survive at this level, even if it makes it to the end of the season IMO.

I think the step up in terms of playing level and commercial level has been a real shock to everyone at the club and the fans too ie just how big the step up is from step 2 to step 1

:clap: :clap: :clap:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
Pandemic has put us in this position nothing else , but then again when you got a supporters trust with supporters money not helping club they should hang their heads with shame , itís common knowledge that those at the helm of the trust only have on interest and thatís gaining control of the club , they are not supporters only leeches

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »
If King's Lynn stay at this level for next 5 seasons, what is the trusts plan? Just not support? And wait till it goes bang so they can take control?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 04:20:46 PM »
I would guess it is up to the membership to decide.

ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
Loopy, the grants you mention, are they the ones which were held in a separate account and spent on running Saturday morning and Wednesday evening football sessions on the MUGA in South Lynn for the benefit of the local youngsters?

Plus the swimming sessions during the winter months?

Oh, and not forgetting the 25 South Lynn youngsters we took to Banham Zoo for an enjoyable Saturday afternoon.

Are those the grants you have in mind?

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
Iím not interested in every excuse youíve got ,you got money there that could help the club out youíve not even offered to ,Itís not the clubs fault we in middle of pandemic itís hitting lot club real hard ,you not thought of offering club interest free loan but with low repayments or you just all waiting for it go tits up in the hope you can get your hands on it and have us playing likes downham swaffham and the likes Wisbech

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »
If King's Lynn stay at this level for next 5 seasons, what is the trusts plan? Just not support? And wait till it goes bang so they can take control?

Think it is more important to understand the owners plan before anyoneís elseís., surely?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 05:42:07 PM »
Pandemic has put us in this position nothing else , but then again when you got a supporters trust with supporters money not helping club they should hang their heads with shame , itís common knowledge that those at the helm of the trust only have on interest and thatís gaining control of the club , they are not supporters only leeches

An alternative view is that we have a Supporters Trust, who follow their constitution and the elected board (each board member has to stand for re-election every three years) continues to work within the remit given to them by the membership and spending any money raised by the trust in a manner consistent with the aims and objectives of the Trust.  Sorry if that doesn't fall into your narrative but the only real people to ask about whether the Trust board is or isn't doing it's job is the Trust membership. 

I would also say members of the Trust are Lynn fans, many are also members of the FotL and many contribute to other fundraising schemes within the club.  For most of the membership I don't think there is such an 'us and them' attitude as you would like to promote.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 06:11:25 PM »
I think the pigeon club should make a donation,after all many of their pigeons use the air space over the ground. What have they contributed? A big fat nothing! :red card:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
Iíd instruct them to let their droppings go exactly on your head  and maybe the money youíve been creaming off the name of the club could used to help the club

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal