Author Topic: Trust  (Read 4013 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Trust
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 07:44:58 PM »
Great gesture from the Norwich fan who donated a 4 figure fee, and never even been to the Walks.

And some of our fans wonít even buy a stream to help the club.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/barrie-greaves-kings-lynn-town-fc-appeal-donation-7791392?fbclid=IwAR29C2VDcY4Ns739c5t4z1jpyv-1Wj0r-jGHwOxlKIjYJ9dflzs8htpz7xU

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 07:51:22 PM »
Iíd instruct them to let their droppings go exactly on your head  and maybe the money youíve been creaming off the name of the club could used to help the club

Can you provide evidence that proves I have been creaming off money in the name of the club that could have been used to fund the club,and from where? Would make a very interesting court case! :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 07:59:08 PM »
I would lose respect for the Trust if they gave in to the rabble rousing perpetrated by the Clubs number one lap dog.
True there is a pandemic on which has changed a lot this last year.  But the funds the Trust have are nowhere near
enough to bail the club out, even if the club asked.
A loan would be no good, as Mr Cleeve has stated, the Club does not want to be saddled with another loan.
Mr Cleeve plotted a course of his own choosing, swept along by an expectant public, blowing air into the sails.
Perhaps this same public should now be putting their hands in their pockets.
I believe the Club accounts are due to be filed very soon. I hope the Trust would look at these, before making any knee jerk reactions.

Loopy you still haven't answered the questions.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »
It is admirable that these fine souls keep to the constitution and principles of the original organisation and how they have maintained that in such a disciplined manner. However it is, on the other side, a very poor show for  a constitution drawn on normal times to not re-write the constitution in times such as a pandemic. To this end the Government has had to do this in ensuring the country was provided the furlough system and other changes to ensure that people in this country were not found dead lying in the streets in which we live. So the trust must consider constitutional amendment. To this point it is understandable that they may find it to much of a risk to part with even some of their "foodbank" to this particular cause, but we must see some "noise" from this group before kick off on Saturday. One way or the other, yay or nay, with reasoning is required. Without this any respect the trust has within the terrace will be lost and the trust will in turn lose all credibility, and I suspect some membership. Here will be opposition to any future ambition the trust has for the continuation of football in Lynn and opposition to their future involvement.

Excellent post. I donít pretend to know the ins and out of how trusts run, but in such unprecedented times youíd think a way would be found to help the club. Iím sure every Lynn fan wants the club to get through this period.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »
A fantastic gesture from the deceasedís family.   Letís hope all those fans who have Kings Lynn at heart offer all the support they can.   The results will speak volumes.   Stephen Cleeve can then see how high a regard the Club Is held under his watch.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2021, 09:11:18 PM »
It is admirable that these fine souls keep to the constitution and principles of the original organisation and how they have maintained that in such a disciplined manner. However it is, on the other side, a very poor show for  a constitution drawn on normal times to not re-write the constitution in times such as a pandemic. To this end the Government has had to do this in ensuring the country was provided the furlough system and other changes to ensure that people in this country were not found dead lying in the streets in which we live. So the trust must consider constitutional amendment. To this point it is understandable that they may find it to much of a risk to part with even some of their "foodbank" to this particular cause, but we must see some "noise" from this group before kick off on Saturday. One way or the other, yay or nay, with reasoning is required. Without this any respect the trust has within the terrace will be lost and the trust will in turn lose all credibility, and I suspect some membership. Here will be opposition to any future ambition the trust has for the continuation of football in Lynn and opposition to their future involvement.

The furlough scheme has been used before, it's not new or an unknown, it's part of an armoury used to prop up business. rarely used, but more democracies with large economies have them.  Ours was tinkered with and re-introduced after the Swedes, Portuguese, Fins, Italians and Norwegians changed there's to almost 100% of pay in some cases.

Trust constitutions are written in law i think, not down to the individual Trust per se,  I stand to be corrected....
Make every day a Sun day.

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2021, 11:55:53 PM »
I am a Trust member and have been since its inception.  The purpose of the Trust is absolutely clear; itís to enable supporters to have a share and hence a say in the running of the club.  The current owner has also made it abundantly clear that he wants to be sole owner so why would he expect any funds from the Trust.  Why would the owner expect the Trust to just hand over funds under any circumstances whether foreseen  or otherwise.  And as for lending the money, well thatís a joke. We know nothing of the true financial position of the club.  The owners tarnished reputation particularly of his ban on being a director and his ownership of a hotel that went into receivership with a considerable deficit, would leave any lender extremely hesitant to make a loan.  The owner is soon out with the begging bowl and seems bemused when he doesnít get the support he expects and just like his previous attempts, I think his latest ruse will also fail.  No, Mr Cleeve, you want to go it alone and as far as I am concerned go it alone you must.

Loopy,linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2021, 01:14:52 AM »
And there you have it the trusts only object to gain control on the running of the club ,,well I honestly hope you never ever get the club ,in fact why donít you start your own club as you absolutely no interest in helping this one and as for cleaves shady past I can remember few members of this trust during Chins era that more shady than Cleeve ,Fans should be made completely aware that you donít have the welfare of the club as a priority only that you seek control of the club for some of you with financial greed and control

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2021, 07:23:56 AM »
Been sniffing the barmaids apron again Loopy? :cheers:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
I think itís important that any individual or organisation, who has an interest in the club, and With cash on the hip gives it to The Clubs 100% individual ownership  to help him to continue to pay for his hobby. Do me a favour.

Letís see the Club make some effort at cost cutting to bring down the £100k per month ( plus) running cost).   Surely in any business your overheads have to be the first thing you look at, not your last.   

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2021, 07:54:44 AM »
Oh Loopy, youíre full of such good ideas.  You obviously canít understand the difference between having a say and having control.  As you are so blinkered, I hope you have already pledged your £300 or perhaps you have given even more.  I would imagine you must have, given your infatuation with Mr Cleeve.  Regarding your glib statement regarding Trust members, obviously you must have facts to back this up so why donít you name names.  I think the one thing fans need now is to face reality, the current situation as we are lead to believe, is beyond redemption.  Getting fans to buy into Cleeveís latest fantasy is, to say the least, farcical.  In my view, itís throwing good money after bad and it is doomed to fail.  One final point Loopy, who gives you the opportunity to spew your ill-thought verbal trash, why, itís the Trust. The very Trust that you hate so much. 

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2021, 08:00:02 AM »
I think people need to be very careful in naming names and throwing around accusations etc.   It would get a lot more expensive than £300 for some.

Admin.   Could I request that this thread is either pulled or pinned before some people say something they may later regret.

Just a suggestion, as it was developing into an interesting thread.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2021, 08:15:36 AM »
Some people can't have reasoned debate Mallard. Hence the mud slinging to divert attention from the matter in hand. There's been 10;years of such behaviour, usually when the chips are down. Usually from the same source. I wonder why?

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
Mallard and Admin, I donít think this thread should be pulled.  I think even Loopy would understand that naming names with no evidence could lead to a lot of trouble for him.  My suggestion was made tongue in cheek, surely even he would realise that. Wouldnít he?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2021, 08:19:03 AM »
I dont either....been an interesting read. Keep it alive dont muzzle it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal