Author Topic: Old times  (Read 680 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Old times
« on: February 26, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »
Am I the only one who remembers this forum to discuss the ON FIELD activities of Kings Lynn Football Club. It seems it has dissolved into a bickering forum of people who seem to  know what is going on off field. In my humble opinion it is being better run in the current circumstances than any other chairman could have done previously.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Old times
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 05:03:14 PM »
I also remember a lot of light hearted banter as well as the football at least some things made people smile. Sadly many of the comments now are centrered at the lack of help afforded the club by the trust,by the same old faces. :oldman"
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 05:25:29 PM »
A lot of Football forums are broken up into sections.  Which include the action on the pitch.   Things involving the Club off the Pitch.  General Football discussions. 

Maybe something going forward?

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 05:53:15 PM »
Mostly off the pitch are superstitions.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 06:14:30 PM »
Mostly off the pitch are superstitions.

I love Stevie Wonders version!
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
Am I the only one who remembers this forum to discuss the ON FIELD activities of Kings Lynn Football Club. It seems it has dissolved into a bickering forum of people who seem to  know what is going on off field. In my humble opinion it is being better run in the current circumstances than any other chairman could have done previously.

Got a point. Iím sure previously a good 5-1 win would have had more than 6 posts and the manager signing a new deal would have had more than 4 comments.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 06:36:27 PM »

Got a point. Iím sure previously a good 5-1 win would have had more than 6 posts and the manager signing a new deal would have had more than 4 comments.

I think you could be correct Paul.

I think many people have lost interest in lots of things, not just football clubs  during the Pandemic.

Better things to come!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 06:37:51 PM »

I think many people have lost interest in lots of things, not just football clubs  during the Pandemic.

Better things to come!

Lots of interest when we lose though???

Oh well. Looking forward to 3 points tomorrow.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 07:01:48 PM »

Better things to come!

Lots of interest when we lose though???

Oh well. Looking forward to 3 points tomorrow.

Sorry, I can see where you are going now, although I'm not sure that is actually always the case.

I think the number of comments will also depend on who we are playing, and not be solely in relation to the score.

I did look back at previous posts, and yes, there were more comments on the loss to County than there were for the Barnet win.

I don't think anything sinister can be read into that. Presumably more people paid for streaming to watch County, a game we were likely to lose, than the game against Barnet, a game we were more likely to win.

People were probably more interested in the County game than they were the Barnet game.    :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 07:05:20 PM »
Would have thought people would be interested in every game the club play. And donít get the relevance of more people may have streamed a certain game? Can still comment on the result surely? If we had lost against Barnet Iím certain there would have been more than 6 comments.

Only 4 comments about IC signing a new contract - the best news the club has had for ages and nobody comments.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Would have thought people would be interested in every game the club play. And donít get the relevance of more people may have streamed a certain game? Can still comment on the result surely?

Not sure on that one either. Following that logic, during a normal season we would have exactly the same number of people through the gate every Saturday.

What is a fact is that win or lose, more people would have made comments on the game during a normsl season rather than one blighted by a Pandemic.

So I don't think not commenting automatically means that people are not interested in every game.

Lots of unknown variables during the current situation.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »
Each to their own Paul.   Top of the list for me is SC stating he is going to end the Clubs season rather than risk it  going tits up and not being being here come Aug. 

For me having the Club here is far more important than a Manager signing a contract.

I donít tend to hit the heights if we win or reach the depths of despair if we lose.   I always think thereís another game along in a few days.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 07:20:15 PM »
Each to their own Paul.   Top of the list for me is SC stating he is going to end the Clubs season rather than risk it  going tits up and not being being here come Aug. 

For me having the Club here is far more important than a Manager signing a contract.

I donít tend to hit the heights if we win or reach the depths of despair if we lose.   I always think thereís another game along in a few days.

But at the time of IC signing a new deal there was no hint of the club not ending the season. Obviously just me who thinks the best manager the club has had would have got more comments.

Oh well, as you said each to their own.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 07:28:36 PM »
Paul, like you I think IC is An unbelievable Coach for Kings Lynn to have.  Was listening to a podcast only the other night that was about Paul Lambert at Ipswich.  One part of what was said involved his time at Villa, where it was stated it fell apart there once IC left.  It would seem most of Lamberts successful times came when Culverhouse was onboard as his Coach.

Have to say Iím very surprised that a bigger club than us hasnít snapped him up.  I look at Wayne Brown getting the Colchester job joint from Maldon and Tiptree.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal