Author Topic: Notts Co away. Tuesday  (Read 2421 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Notts Co away. Tuesday
« on: March 01, 2021, 09:24:50 AM »
The first of 3 away days on the trot.

Looking at the County website no sign of this game is going ahead.

Crisis time at Meadow Lane, apparently.  They only have two fit centre halfís. And are looking at dipping into the transfer market to help during a busy time coming up.

How the other half lives.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/fears-notts-county-crisis-grow-5054475

Maybe Neil Ardley should have a walk in Ian Culverhouseís shoes.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Notts Co away. Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
On the subject of Managers.  Paul Lamber ( who IC worked with at least 3 clubs) has left Ipswich, with a very nice golden handshake.  Plus his Coach has gone as well.

Talk is the new man coming in at Portman Road is Paul Cook.  IC played with him at Norwich.   Will that help us with loaners going forward.   Obviously we never had that relation on Lamberts watch

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town-v-notts-county-7798852

Whether we agree to continue or not.  ( only one person makes that call).  Letís hope we go there and give a decent account of ourselves.   

Big ask for IC but if there is a man for this job then itís him.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:55:53 AM »
Could be a very different squad tonight.
Everyone got their boots ready, in case of a late call up?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 10:44:07 AM »
Squad will be quite the same, probably just less on numbers because I guess any 'new' free signings would be either not signed yet, or not registered in time.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 11:29:03 AM »
I was under the impression it's exactly same squad for next two.........in the meantime they decide who to furlough and who they can bring in.   ...............any chance of Hendo I wonder ?

John H

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 05:50:21 PM »
I can see us getting a good result tonight, I guess we would take a draw, which would be good. So I will go with 1-1. But whatever the result, this is the league we have wanted to get to for so long. Let's be proud of our team and their achievements.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 06:29:33 PM »
Here, here John...........and like you I feel they could put in a top performance tonight...fingers crossed

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
Yes.  Heads up.  Letís have a real go.  If we can keep up the efforts and interest of IC and SC, AND keep it all going, we just could have a superb next season.  For tonight, Dilly is willing to play for a couple of grand...   If not needed, he canít even pick a team, BUT Kiwomya, Gash and Gyasi would have been in it !  At least County are depleted as well.  Pleased the slippery nipster Roberts isnít playing !  KES, Mall and Dilly are forming a selection committee for next season, so much to look forward to....

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 09:56:55 PM »
Well well well.   After a turbulent week what a fantastic result and performance.  All credit to Culverhouse and his team.

That one is up there.

Owldtup

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 10:16:51 PM »
Great result with excellent streaming. Watched the Owls 47 years ago win 1-5 there but this was just as exciting except not in the stands. Up the Linnets.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 10:24:56 PM »
Well well well.   After a turbulent week what a fantastic result and performance.  All credit to Culverhouse and his team.

That one is up there.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 04:31:58 AM »
Yes that one was top drawer and you always felt we were in the game and causing them problems throughout the whole game just needed their shooting boots on but the spirit was right on. The commentators were impressed with Carey as I was, gets into great positions, runs at the defence and causes defenders all sorts of problems.

Keep that up!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:57 AM »
Great result and all credit to IC and the squad in what must be difficult circumstances all round

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal