Author Topic: Lynn news article  (Read 1322 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn news article
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 06:59:49 PM »
Does this mean they have also taken the loan?   :dontknow:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »
The owner , in past has claimed he is just a custodian of club it begs the question is he doing whats best for the longevity of the Club or is he doing what is best for Stephen Cleeve. ?

Id have much rather seen him carry out his conviction of ending the Clubs season and taking the punishment.  If that meant a demotion, then so be it.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 07:01:30 PM »
As I said...I dont believe there is or ever was any intention of stopping. First it was Wrexham will be the last game...then it was Weymouth will be the last game....what is he hanging on for?....if it's anything else other than money I'd be surprised. IC seems to have made his feelings perfectly clear on it... :dontknow:
At the end of the day if Cleeve takes on a massive loan....and decides in 5, 10 yrs time....sod it I've had enough....the loan remains at the club

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »
Yes, have to agree....if it's not possible to continue without a loan, then he should have stopped before now.

It also gives a particularly poor impression to outsiders, when it's just another 2 games and then another two......paints the club in an even more unprofessional light than has already been painted.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »
So we limp to the end of the season.

What happens next season?

Presumably the Club will require a massive amount of money to rebuild a competitive squad.

Where's that coming from?   :dontknow:

I'd have stopped and taken any punishment they dished out. That's got to be a better option that loading up with even more debt.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »
The DCMS has revealed that 19 National League clubs (Step 1 & 2) will be offered loans totalling a maximum of 5.4 million.

National League clubs will be notified of their individual decisions early next week.

Maybe once we know if and how much next week that will determine if we continue and in what format.

Whatever way you look at it the word mess comes into it

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 07:58:14 PM »
I agree with B & G .......there are very.obvious mitigating reasons for stopping.......    just stop.

Firstly its the NL's lack of professionalism that has caused the problem.
Second taking a loan is in conflict withThe Articles.
Thirdly it's against the rules to fold.

So 1,2 and 3 put together surely means it's unlikely the NL can enforce any punishment.

So take legal advice and then have the balls to stop, knowing that the club is in ok shape for next year and instead of playing spend the next 4 months improving the Income Streams

Lady Footballer

• Moderated
  • We put the Beautiful into the game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 07:58:29 PM »
Is the Chairman saying he hasn't got anymore money or that he's got it but not prepared to put anymore into the Club.
If he hasn't got any money left my fear is that money going into the Club now could be used for repaying him the loans he's made to the Club.
If he hasn't got any money and has no income as Culverhouse told the Press the other week, then who could blame him for wanting his money back. He's got to live on something.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 08:06:34 PM »
If the well has run dry where does that leave the Club for next season?   It might be a blessing to be given a two level demotion than try and survive at step one with no Owner back up.   

The Chairman has said in the past that club needs to stand on his own two feet.   

Then again he has said a lot of things

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2021, 08:25:08 PM »
All in all the omens don't look good do they ?!

SC has implied in the past that he can't put any more in.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy the club off him if the balance sheet shows significant debts.

So what's the motive for carrying on ?.........I get trying to preserve NL status...but even that is tenuous..it relies on no relegation being ratified
.and it maybe that there will be no sanctions for stopping

I am not sure I  can get my head round what SC is hoping to achieve by continuing??

Btw I am pretty sure he can't use the loan money to repay himself... that's surely a non starter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal