Author Topic: Woking away Saturday  (Read 3744 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Woking away Saturday
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
Quite right, B & G.  Thanks for that.  As in most things, you get what you pay for..... COYL....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 01:20:07 PM »
May have to be on a quid pro quo/barter basis until I improve my business cash flow by furloughing my best employees and then get some temps in to replace them.....you know how it is

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »
Afternoon

Thanks TonyM for trying to clarify the relegation situation. I can see that as the NL are involved things will be delayed and confused. No change there. Cheers.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
As we feared Dilly.........Loza a big influence

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 05:11:48 PM »
We have to really hope that relegation isn't reinstated. Weymouth have the finances to continue, so they will be able to maintain a decent squad, so it would be us or Wealdstone for the last relegation spot and if we furlough another 6 we have no chance..we have to assume that Dover's results will be expunged too, so we would lose a further 3 points

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2021, 05:31:57 PM »
How can you have 3 promotion from a mini league which hasn't even Bern formed as yet.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 05:53:34 PM »
How can you have a National League Board as incompetent and out of their depth as this lot........ believe me any outcome is still possible

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 06:06:59 PM »
Personally can't see any relegation, at worse Dover will be kicked out then there's 2 spots to fill which can go to the weird small promotion league that's created (if it happens).

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2021, 06:21:41 PM »
I was listening to an interview with the Dorking and Eastbourne managers today........they are hopeful that the FA will make a decision on the mini league this coming week.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
Yes, KES..... and the poetry stops there !  Disappointing result.  We were playing well again, but when we lost King and Kiwomya, we lost the initiative. We now have the basis of a team that can take on anyone in this league, but only when we have all available.  We have to hang on in there, somehow.  For me, I rue the loss of Pedro, Nathan Fox, and Jamar Loza. Still, onwards and upwards ?!?!

KES80

• View Profile

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2021, 02:58:02 PM »
Yes, KES..... and the poetry stops there !  Disappointing result.  We were playing well again, but when we lost King and Kiwomya, we lost the initiative. We now have the basis of a team that can take on anyone in this league, but only when we have all available.  We have to hang on in there, somehow.  For me, I rue the loss of Pedro, Nathan Fox, and Jamar Loza. Still, onwards and upwards ?!?!

Yes agreed Dilly......we have the basics of a decent side now... important to keep the key men onside if we can.....for me that's Callan-McFadden, Jones, Denton,  Richards, Clunan , King, Carey and Kiwomya and Gash. If we can retain our NL status and those 9, with some good additions, next season will be really interesting.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2021, 04:31:56 PM »
Results between now and the end of the season are secondary.   SC has decided to complete the season. And seemingly found a cost effective and affordable way of doing it without putting the club in debt.

I wonder who the next (final ?) 4 to be furloughed will be ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2021, 05:20:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1368610745924132870

One space and Dover.   So Lynn should have nothing to fear.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2021, 08:45:42 PM »
The proposal is better outlined in the Guardian article(see earlier post)........it seems it's the one space vacated by Macclesfield for promotion/relegation and then making the NL up to 25, unless Dover don't want to continue or the FA rules against Dover.

Anyway , as you point out Mall, looking.like Lynn will be safe. Hopefully this gets confirmed in a few days and Lynn can concentrate on watching the pennies and keeping the best elements of the squad onside for next season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal