Author Topic: Woking away Saturday  (Read 4108 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Woking away Saturday
« on: March 03, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »
Loads of questions and very few answers coming from SC at the Club.

Maybe we could hear a podcast ( as promised).  Love to hear SC in conversation with IC.  Iíd even pay money to listen to that one.

What players will still be with us come Saturday ?

Will IC have found a few newbies  to turn out for nothing or a even a cheap rate.

Can IC pull another result out of his somewhat reduced playing strength.

Will IC still be with us ?

Could SC let the fans know what the short term plan is ?

If we can Nick a result on Saturday I wouldnít mind chipping to but the players a bottle of beer to celebrate.

What team will Dilly select ? 

What do the forum members think ?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Woking away Saturday
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 02:32:39 PM »
Thanks admin thatís certainly cleared up a few of the question.
So after Saturday we are down to a 9 man squad so 7 players need to come in, to fill
A bench.

Can we assume that we wonít be accepting the Sports England loan now, if offered?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
How's the hammy now Mall ?....you have had a couple of weeks to recover ! :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 03:38:05 PM »
Would you believe KES itís cleared up a treat, only now to be suffering with a groin strain.  Think itís the deep pockets and short arms that maybe the cause.

Are you fit for Tuesday night.   Could you do 60 mins ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 05:10:29 PM »
Ironically I would have been fine for Notts County, but just torn a pterodactyl muscle (apparently something to do with my age :laughcry:). Been on the physio's couch all afternoon...she knows her stuff......and I am a quick healer........so may be a case of "a late fitness test'......... that's assuming of course that Stephen, Ian, Rob, Mike, Tony and Dilly don't nab the 6 berths first.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 08:42:58 PM »
Can see Stephen between the sticks as custodian.  Maybe Mark Hearle at left back.  Backie   Leading the line.   Dilly supplying the slippery Nipster role.  Not sure where West Lynn would fit in, midfield General ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 09:03:14 PM »
Mike would surely be out very wide on the left wing for the over hit crosses.

Presumably Mair can't be furloughed....think they may consider parking the bus that is SC, MH and Bazza along the six yard line.....maybe at home we can play with the pink ball, which by all accounts has an unguessable flight for most Englishmen....should help even things up

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 09:06:04 AM »
Mike would surely be out very wide on the left wing for the over hit crosses.

Presumably Mair can't be furloughed....think they may consider parking the bus that is SC, MH and Bazza along the six yard line.....maybe at home we can play with the pink ball, which by all accounts has an unguessable flight for most Englishmen....should help even things up

Are the club even paying Mairís wages, or are they being covered by Norwich? You never know how loan deals are drawn up.

Could possibly be a couple of Norwich reserves/U18ís we have making up the numbers, rather than our own reserves, if they want them to get game time.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 09:32:13 AM »
I read that AFC Wimbledon are allowing their full academy to go out on loan to National League Clubs FOC.

With the change of Manager at Ipswich, maybe IC can tap into an old Team   mate to help him out ?

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
Can any of my fellow supporters please clarify whether there is relegation from this league this year ? 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 10:14:06 PM »
Can any of my fellow supporters please clarify whether there is relegation from this league this year ?

Really don't think anyone can answer that with 100% certainty.  Step 2 voted for null & void although there are more than rumours that there could now be some form of tournament to provide promotion from step 2.  The question will then be will it be just to fill the place of Maccesfield, or additionally another place if Dover are demoted, or even revert back to four promotion spots from step 2 which, as it stands, would mean two of the teams in step 1 would be relegated.  Hopefully the NL and the FA are working on providing some clarity asap but their track record on that so far during the pandemic isn't great.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 09:18:59 AM »
Morning gentlemen.  Enjoying the conjecture about the various permutations regarding players, finance etc., but canít really contribute as frankly there are too many variables for dillification, as far as Iím concerned.  Dilly comes from simple stock, so can only take one prob at a time.  Today the prob is Woking.  They worry me, mainly, as you can imagine, because IMHO they snatched the slipperiest nipster weíve had on the books this season - Mr Loza !
Still, the Notts County performance was the best from The Linnets this season, and possibly one of the best ever, considering the level we are now at.  It was great, and actually unbelievable to watch.  I thought King, Carey, and Clunan were outstanding, but all were good, very good.  Clunan was everywhere, quick, even slippery, and put in through balls I would never have expected.
To mall and KES, Dilly refuses to pick the dilly team, because you havenít paid the quid for the last one.... COYL !!!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
Yes Dilly, I am also a little concerned about the Loser guy..... . just hoping he has an off day and he gets pulled off early.

Sorry about non payment...things have been a bit tight recently..... would you be open to us setting up a long term loan, at very low interest rates, repayable over say 20years or so ?  :laughcry:

Ps look forward to catching up with you and Mall at The Walks for the Thursday training session next week.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • One pill makes you larger one pill makes you small
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 12:01:11 PM »
Come on Kes and Mallard........get ya hands in ya pockets and get your quids to Dilly!

Can't have people at Kings Lynn not paying their bills when they are due!

:scarf:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal