Author Topic: Wealdstone away Tuesday  (Read 1957 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Wealdstone away Tuesday
« on: March 08, 2021, 07:15:01 PM »
Can we get a result here, even with a depleted team when some havenít even played together before.

Would you put it passed IC ?   2-1 away win.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Wealdstone away Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
Mair, Hickman, Fleming, Callan- McF, Denton, Payne, Richards, Clunan, Kiwomya, Jackson, Mitchell

Subs Carey (probably needs a rest) , Gvasi, Bastock, plus 2 from Ressies/Academy.....Joe plus a centre half ?

IC said 6 more furloughs....... going out on a limb on basis of biggest savings.......Smith, Jarvis, Barrows,King, Gash...... can't find a sixth

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 08:15:48 PM »
Read somewhere today KES that it is in Gash's contract he cannot be furloughed.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 09:48:27 PM »
With Simeon Jackson and Alfie Payne

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
So looking like tonight's game is going ahead then, despite there being no said follow update statement from the club??
Is that it then....every game will be played???
Or are we still going on the 2 games at a time approach??
I am guessing with the incomings it's full steam ahead until the season end... :dontknow:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »
After tonight, 6 of the next 8 are against the big boys. Probably expect the message to come out later this week, start of next that club can't afford to continue, again.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 11:38:05 AM »
After SC declared his intention to continue, despite having this mythical gun being held to his head ( he had the option that Dover went with).  He then threw the ball to Culverhouse and Back to try and pull some decent players in, very much on the cheap to fill in the gaps.  Thus allowing the Club to limp to the end of the season.

SC can count himself very lucky on the Management team he has in place.   Without them he could have been very much staring down the barrel of that gun he mentions.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »
Totally agree mallard....IC's connections are worth their weight in gold.... :farmer:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 01:43:50 PM »
Mair, Hickman, Fleming, Callan- McF, Denton, Payne, Richards, Clunan, Kiwomya, Jackson, Mitchell

Subs Carey (probably needs a rest) , Gvasi, Bastock, plus 2 from Ressies/Academy.....Joe plus a centre half ?

IC said 6 more furloughs....... going out on a limb on basis of biggest savings.......Smith, Jarvis, Barrows,King, Gash...... can't find a sixth

KES, I think it will be asking a lot to throw all three new lads in at once, certainly Payne and Jackson wouldn't have trained in a team environment for a while so are bound to be rusty and that is before you consider that they were playing below NL with their parent clubs although maybe the circumstances will demand it.  Personally I would start Carey in what may be one of the few remaining 'winnable' games of the season, at least on paper.

If Gordon is right that Gash won't be furloughed then I think we could see Mitchell furloughed along with Barrows and King (who both have recurring injury doubts) and then maybe Smith and/or Jarvis but hopefully not both.  I would hate to see Richards furloughed but, particularly if you include travel, would he be more expensive than Jarvis?

Much as it is good to see the new lads come into the squad I still think that the recruitment side of the club needs looking at for next season, particularly if, as seems likely, we retain our NL place.  Most clubs at this level seem to have a much wider network of clubs that they recruit from / have loan deals in place with.  I don't doubt IC's ability to coach and manage but the management team as a whole needs to be NL standard to enable the club to be more competitive next season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 02:30:55 PM »
Can see Jarv furloughed ahead of Richardís ( if that was the choice).  Jarv canít be expected to go Saturday/Tues/Saturday at 34/35.   Thatís a big ask.

Think we will see at least another newbie joining.  The Management team are certainly reducing the weekly wage bill.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »
A bit late, due to a superb Terriyaki Chicken from Mrs Dilly.  I canít  pick a team tonight, because I havenít kept up to date with the comings Nd goings.  But this is a very important game.  Saturday was disappointing, because we were very good until the changes has to be made.  But good luck to IC and SC in trying to keep us going and up at this level.  Next season could well be the greatest in the clubís history.  Mrs Dilly sends her regards, and hopes we win ďin straight setsĒ (??!?!)

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »
Hope you didn't rush your Japanese Curry to watch that Dilly !

If Lynn survive in the NL then to my way of thinking they have had 2 bits of luck in the last 2 seasons... promotion last year when it looked like they were running out of steam and a reprieve this year, when the squad wasn't quite up to the job and sufficient finances weren't available to improve it in the way that Weymouth have.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 08:52:35 AM »
Not that it's going to make too much difference...but if they expunged Dovers results....Lynn lose 3 points.....weymouth haven't played them yet so lose none.. Barnet lost to them so lose no points...:dontknow:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 12:24:36 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the money outlaid on this squad for the returns this season has been shocking. Keeping large part of last seasons squad, and adding 2-3 and club would be no worse off.

Really has been money thrown away. Serious pressure next season to improve, otherwise relegation with what I'd expect an even bigger wage bill (because lets face it, it's not going to go down if they want to 'compete'), the club will be in a very bad place come NLN in 2022-23.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 12:57:36 PM »
Doesn't really matter where we finish...so if we had finished in the play offs and lost the play off final, the return would be exactly the same as now.

Hopefully what will have been learnt is the type of player required in each position to do well in this league. We currently ie before furlough and injuries, have a terrific mid field.......IMO the keeper,defensive and attacking personnel need a serious review tho

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal