Author Topic: Boreham Wood  (Read 1116 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
Boreham Wood
« on: March 09, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
Boreham Wood:

"Despite assurances given to the club by Sports England & the National League, we've been turned down for the Winter Survival loan.

It feels that those assurances were perhaps only given to ensure we supported the continuation of Step 1."

http://borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/sport-england-say-no/Ö

"We're going to need a bigger boat".

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Boreham Wood
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
At least we donít have to worry about being turned down as with the cuts put in place and the new Ďbudgetí, thankfully SC wonít need to put the club in debt

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 02:19:23 PM »
Are we fairly certain there is no loan then....or was that partly tongue in cheek Mall ?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 02:23:11 PM »
I've been informed that the club has taken a substantial loan, repayable over many years.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 02:32:59 PM »
Taken a loan for what reason ? The wage bill has been reduced massively.  Canít be more than 60/70k needed to get to the end of the season.

Maybe SC can let the supporters know what the plan is ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 03:13:07 PM »
Yes, I had kinda come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that a loan had been taken.........if the well was dry two games ago, even with furlough some, there are still wages to pay, travel costs to be met etc for 20 odd games........stream income and the donations are unlikely to pay for those. There are also the day to day running costs at the ground, physio, vat bills etc etc

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 03:13:54 PM »
Reading Boreham Woods plight, it seems to me that there's been an element of a Chairman counting his chickens........ :dontknow:

Don't spend it until you've got it!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 03:16:49 PM »
From what I read on the feeds to that post a few days ago many were saying that BW have had a great year financially, with Premier league contacts/use of their ground , facilities etc. If that is the case, it's not surprising the loan app.was unsuccessful

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
Taken a loan for what reason ? The wage bill has been reduced massively.  Canít be more than 60/70k needed to get to the end of the season.

Maybe its to be used for an attempt to get promoted to the football league next season? If so, will need every penny and more!

I've been informed that the club has taken a substantial loan, repayable over many years.

That's what I was told as well. :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 03:20:42 PM »
From what I read on the feeds to that post a few days ago many were saying that BW have had a great year financially, with Premier league contacts/use of their ground , facilities etc. If that is the case, it's not surprising the loan app.was unsuccessful

Hi Kes

Yes, that's explained on the decline letter on my original post.

Too successful for their own good as far as the application goes, by the sound of it.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »

Maybe its to be used for an attempt to get promoted to the football league next season? If so, will need every penny and more!

Maybe it's just to get us to the end of the season.  Whilst we may have reduced the wage bill, carrying on will incur more costs in terms of travel, etc and home games will still end up costing us money unless we can somehow convince more supporters to pay for the stream (think the figure for Weymouth was quoted at 230 or 260 which is shockingly low imo)

That's what I was told as well. :dontknow:

Guess it is a gamble to stay in NL for another season rather than face whatever fate awaits Dover (step 3?).  Time will tell if it was worth it but hopefully lessons have been learned on and off the field this season so we are more prepared for 2021/22

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 06:01:47 PM »
Love your optimism Tony.   Had a few years to start getting to grips with that.  Where are we ?

At the peak this season we were told the running costs were 100k per month.  So Max we would need 300k.   Less whatever cost cutting has been put in place.   So should be a hellva lot less than that.

Hopefully the Chairman will advise how much he has put the Club in debt

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 06:01:56 PM »
.............home games will still end up costing us money unless we can somehow convince more supporters to pay for the stream (think the figure for Weymouth was quoted at 230 or 260 which is shockingly low imo)

I heard that the streaming figures for the Barnet games was less than 100.   :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 06:04:57 PM »
Still canít understand why people arenít buying a stream for the team they support. Personally Iím desperate to watch as much as I can and think Iíve only missed out on a couple.

Woking stream on Saturday was same price as ours but wasnít as good.  Commentators were very poor as well.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 06:57:26 PM »
Still canít understand why people arenít buying a stream for the team they support. Personally Iím desperate to watch as much as I can and think Iíve only missed out on a couple.

Woking stream on Saturday was same price as ours but wasnít as good.  Commentators were very poor as well.

Blimey they must have been poor !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal