Author Topic: Lynn News article  (Read 1811 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Lynn News article
« on: March 10, 2021, 10:13:49 AM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-boss-its-a-good-group-and-all-of-a-sudden-its-getting-torn-apart-here-there-and-everywhere-9159326/

I do wonder how much longer a person of such a high calibre as IC will continue to put up with so much Sh!t.

I know its bad out there for the majority of people but some have to grin a bear it, whereas other's don't! I would guess he falls into the latter catergory.

If IC is having trouble getting people to play, God only knows what problems other people would have.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: Lynn News article
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
I said it in a previous post b&g....any player in the squad is replaceable...IC in my opinion is not.
Lynn would not, I believe get another manager anywhere near his quality again....might be wrong but that's my opinion.
I think he would have had more respect for a chairmans decision to stop than to limp on knowing hes got 1 if not both hands tied behind his back.
Let's hope that a pro club higher up the pyramid doesn't catch his eye

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 12:11:39 PM »
I said it in a previous post b&g....any player in the squad is replaceable...IC in my opinion is not.
Lynn would not, I believe get another manager anywhere near his quality again....might be wrong but that's my opinion.
I think he would have had more respect for a chairmans decision to stop than to limp on knowing hes got 1 if not both hands tied behind his back.
Let's hope that a pro club higher up the pyramid doesn't catch his eye

Its not just higher up the pyramid that we need to be concerned about.

County Manager not exactly flavour of the month at the moment.

Although IC is not the best at communicating with the fans, I still think he's the glue that bonds the supporters and the club together.

:scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 12:13:12 PM »
That article reads to me like a man on the verge of going.  Everyone has a breaking point and I would suggest it wouldnít take much to tip the balance.  Maybe IC will think do I really need this ? After all as with any job you have to get something out of it.

I think at the moment Lynn needs Culverhouse more than Culverhouse needs Lynn.   Letís remember he walked before when there things going on that he appeared less than happy with.   Letís remember what happened when he left last time with Clark coming in. With Back and Fryatt stepping into steady the ship.   This time Fryatt has gone and Back is not that good at the moment, health wise.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:59 PM »
What concerns me is where is finance coming from to pay for players who can't be furloughed.I presume backroom staff have been furloughed. Can now see why we should have followed Dover's lead.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »
That is quite true b&g. I notice that Colchester are without a permanent manager at present as well. Although there looks to be one in the pipeline.
Unfortunately I think if IC walks this level of football is way beyond our DOF...Fryatt was the football man behind their temporary stay.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that again....but...I am not holding my breath

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 01:09:19 PM »
If someone like Notts County came in for IC, is he more likely to leave now under the current situation, than if Lynn had closed down and weren't playing at all till August ? Personally I don't think so. He would either feel committed to Lynn or feel the County offer was too good to turn down.

Personally I think he can see beyond this and will stay unless a terrific offer comes in........if that happens, it would have happened anyway.

The media will keep hyping the situation because it makes good Press......pointless us fans being affected by it.......we and the club are powerless at the moment until the FA actually hold a meeting and make decisions.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 01:16:14 PM »
That is quite true b&g. I notice that Colchester are without a permanent manager at present as well. Although there looks to be one in the pipeline.

Did Ipswich appoint a new No.2 or are they still looking?

A downside of having a Manager with contacts?  :dontknow:

The contacts can both help and hinder. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 01:23:09 PM »
Don't think IC wants to be a number 2.

Also think he is pretty committed to the Lynn project.

Have to admit that the Notts County position would be a serious concern if it became available...but all ifs buts and maybes and a complete waste of our time postulating quite frankly

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »
......just watched Neil Ardley's post match interview after the home defeat to Halifax...........huge amount of pressure, scrutiny and expectation with that job...in many ways Lynn is a good fit for IC, who doesn't seem to enjoy pressured interviews........they would be coming every day at County cos they expect to be 2 leagues higher next Wednesday !!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 02:01:23 PM »
Don't think IC wants to be a number 2.

Also think he is pretty committed to the Lynn project.

Have to admit that the Notts County position would be a serious concern if it became available......

I think that would depend on the Club in question, and who the Chairman and the No. 1 is.

......just watched Neil Ardley's post match interview after the home defeat to Halifax...........huge amount of pressure, scrutiny and expectation with that job...in many ways Lynn is a good fit for IC, who doesn't seem to enjoy pressured interviews........they would be coming every day at County cos they expect to be 2 leagues higher next Wednesday !!

IC is not alone in not enjoying pressured interviews. Many Managers feel the same way. Some adapt, some don't.

Personally I think he could cope with this if in return he could make a return to League Football, which I would guess is his objective.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 03:07:55 PM »
I seem to recall IC coped pretty well with the pressure of being top of the NLN League last season.    Played it completely down.  Even though we were punching.

Think IC is worth far more than the situation he finds himself in today.  Letís remember he wanted the season to stop at Lynn.  Just shows the calibre of the man that he agreed to continue and at least give it a go.

Everyone has a breaking point and if he was to walk away tomorrow he could go still with his head held high.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 04:29:51 PM »
I think he accepts what the situation is and will put up with it providing Kings Lynn has a club for next season. Can't help but thinking we have taken large loan otherwise how are we able to continue.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »
Can't quite understand the tone from Mall and B&G.......do you both have a vested interest in IC leaving....seems an awful lot of words, post and speculation....if you know something...fair enough, spill the beans,.....but if its idle gossip or speculation, please stop.......we have more than enough to deal with as British citizens and Lynn fans as it is !!! :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »
Can't quite understand the tone from Mall and B&G.......do you both have a vested interest in IC leaving....seems an awful lot of words, post and speculation....if you know something...fair enough, spill the beans,.....but if its idle gossip or speculation, please stop.......we have more than enough to deal with as British citizens and Lynn fans as it is !!! :laughcry:

Kes, you must be part of the "prawn sandwich" brigade, and therefore never taken part in any "terrace talk"

If such talk is idle gossip/speculation, then guilty as charged.

Vested interested? None what so ever. I've just had a look at my posts on this thread and no idea where you get that idea from or what you mean by the tone of the posts.

Maybe you have a vested interest to make it appear that way.   :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal