Author Topic: Lynn News article  (Read 2073 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn News article
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »
Let me say KES from a totally selfish point of view I hope IC stays at this club for a very long time.  We all saw how quickly it fell apart when he left last time and how quickly he pulled it back together when he returned.

I just feel for the guy having to play games he didnít want to be involved in with having one hand tied behind his back.

Just saying if he did up and leave would you or anybody else actually blame him ?

Are you training Thurs night with a place on bench the aim for Saturday KES ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »
Absolutely Mall, just completed my third lap of Norwich's golden triangle in the driving rain....and shortly into the ice bath, so should be fine on the morrow ! :cup2:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »
Absolutely Mall, just completed my third lap of Norwich's golden triangle in the driving rain....and shortly into the ice bath, so should be fine on the morrow ! :cup2:

Could be difficult to gain that place on the bench. Think Greg Plummer has his eye on it again!
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »
Can't quite understand the tone from Mall and B&G.......do you both have a vested interest in IC leaving....seems an awful lot of words, post and speculation....if you know something...fair enough, spill the beans,.....but if its idle gossip or speculation, please stop.......we have more than enough to deal with as British citizens and Lynn fans as it is !!! :laughcry:

Kes, you must be part of the "prawn sandwich" brigade, and therefore never taken part in any "terrace talk"

If such talk is idle gossip/speculation, then guilty as charged.

Vested interested? None what so ever. I've just had a look at my posts on this thread and no idea where you get that idea from or what you mean by the tone of the posts.

Maybe you have a vested interest to make it appear that way.   :dontknow:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Yes, prob fair comment B & G   (do like my prawn sarnies) and  didn't quite mean the post to sound the way it has been taken or to appear personal......just feeling there's been enough negativity in the world during the last few months and don't see the point in trying to create or postulate about some more  :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 08:43:11 PM »

Could be difficult to gain that place on the bench. Think Greg Plummer has his eye on it again!

Depends if we're looking to park a bus or not..... :laughcry:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »
I am sure the chairman will update us in the next podcast as to what's happening going forward....whenever that may be.....hes ok for cash at moment so we'll have to wait a little bit longer I guess.... :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »
Today's report in edp makes even worse reading

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »
I thought the players on furlough could be taken off and placed back in the squad if necessary....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2021, 02:50:23 PM »
The Lynn News item that bothered me the most was the mention that Jamar Loza left because he was frustrated by the lack of starts.  I appreciate what IC has done over the last couple of seasons, but I have to say Loza not getting enough starts, especially to the point of becoming fed up and wanting to leave, was a distinct mistake.  He was probably our most likely match-winner, in the end, and the slippery nipster the team needed for all this season.  This is certainly not an ďI told you soĒ, but I thought he should have been the first name on the team sheet, after his settling in period.it was predictable that he might slaughter our defence for Woking.  I would like to see Gyasi and Southwell too, before they come back to haunt us as well !

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2021, 07:51:07 PM »
I thought the players on furlough could be taken off and placed back in the squad if necessary....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
As i understand furlough and part time furlough it sounds like if you furloughed you cannot play for your club but you can sign for another while still drawing your furlough from the first job.
But then there is part time furlough which as i understand it you can be furloughed at 80% of your pay but if you work some and part time furlough some then that is feasable.
So why cannot players be paid for matchdays and furloughed for the rest of the week?
Please someone correct me if i am wrong.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 07:59:57 PM »
If that is correct Gordon.  Then if a person players on Saturday and a Tuesday then trains on a Thursday which part of a normal week would be part furloughed ?   I donít think the Club trains any other day/night

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2021, 08:15:03 PM »
As i understand furlough and part time furlough it sounds like if you furloughed you cannot play for your club but you can sign for another while still drawing your furlough from the first job.
But then there is part time furlough which as i understand it you can be furloughed at 80% of your pay but if you work some and part time furlough some then that is feasable.
So why cannot players be paid for matchdays and furloughed for the rest of the week?
Please someone correct me if i am wrong.

You're right. Can even submit an hourly claim.  Just inform them of the hours worked and its adjusted accordingly. 
Make every day a Sun day.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 08:20:16 PM »
Sounds like You should be advising the club.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 08:45:27 PM »
I have a good accountant.
Make every day a Sun day.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2021, 09:08:38 PM »
perhaps he needs to advise the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal