Author Topic: Lost 1-0  (Read 2179 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
Lost 1-0
« on: March 13, 2021, 05:02:41 PM »
No shame in that display or result against a team such as Sutton.

They are league leaders for a reason.

:scarf:
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Lost 1-0
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 05:10:33 PM »
Yes the team has come along way in5/6 months, from conceding 5 regularly to the better teams

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 05:23:04 PM »
Definitely no shame in that result.  I did fear the worst but yet again The Manager got a team out to do us proud

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 06:04:02 PM »
Much better performance today and probably says as much about the recruitment in the summer that the side IC put out looked more capable of playing in a similar style to last season with plenty of football played than many sides put out this year, but understandably without the cutting edge and imo the substitutions weakened us too as we changed shape without really adding anything.

For me, the threat of relegation having been removed, this season is now one long trial period for what we want the shape of the team and squad to look like next season.  I think Alfie and Fleming will get good runs to prove whether they can cut it at this level and maybe there will be others added over the coming weeks with similar aspirations.  I know IC has put great store in keeping the nucleus of the promotion(s) winning side together but we now have to look forward to what we will need for 2021/22.  For me Jones, McFadden, Denton, Richards and Carey (if we can keep him) have all proved they are good enough, still unconvinced that King or Kiwomya are capable of playing 90 minutes week in, week out so do we gamble on one or both again next year?  Barrows, Smith and Clunan are also probably squad players but still with plenty to learn.  As for the rest, maybe we need to let a few of the more older lads go and start building for the future, adding in a bit more recent NL experience where we can.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »
I respect all on here, but probably have a different perception of the game than some.  For me, Gyasi immediately gave us what we have not included in our game enough this season.  Thankfully IC is now confident enough to take on teams without having an ultra defensive line-up in defence and midfield.  Itís making a instinct difference.  Gyasi should be one of the first names on the team sheet, because we donít want another unfortunate Loza situation, and he makes us much harder to hold, being you know what...  a Slippery Nipster !!!  Get King, Marriott and Southwell on there with him, and we can go places next season.  Praps we should all meet for a pie and a pint when the world returns, as long as youíre paying, of course ......  KES and Mall,  Iíd accept a few pints in lieu of cash owed for team selections.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »
Let's hope it's not too long before that might be possible Dilly.

Re your squad comments, I personally believe we have been under par (for this league) in both boxes........the defence is improving...K C-McF probably requires further assistance for next season.
Re the forwards....Gash, Marriott, Mitchell and Southwell, just haven't been clinical enough.
Gash is probably close to the end of his career at this level and I believe one of Marriott and Southwell will go or be replaced. If I had to place a bet on the Lynn betting app, it would be that Marriott won't be at The Walks next term.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 07:54:22 PM »
Did the Club give any information as to why Gash wasnít available today?

Is he one of the walking wounded?
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 08:40:18 PM »
If the Chairman is hoping for players at £400 a week thence sure  you are right KES about about Marriott and maybe a few more

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »
That's back to Setch playing budget level isn't it? :dontknow:

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 12:17:36 PM »
That's back to Setch playing budget level isn't it? :dontknow:

Possibly, but if quality now costs less then I believe itís a good thing. Granted itís the chairmanís view of one contract, but I can see his point.

As for yesterdayís game, another cracking performance. I really feel for the players and management team, itís playing for pride now, and yesterday they showed it.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
I echo the thoughts on Marriott not being here next season. Spending £1k+ a week on him, when that could be spread across two players next season is a no brainer. There will also be a big pool of players available next season due to teams trimming down squads higher above, so with more players available, wage demands won't be as high.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »
That unfortunately remains to be seen non league...I have seen no evidence at all of any "big reset" that everyone kept talking about.
Football unfortunately doesn't live in the real world and can be seen to make some very strange decisions, that look after the few and not the many.
Hang on....maybe they do live in the real world after all.... :farmer: :farmer:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 03:19:45 PM »
Reading/listening to Paul Cook ( new Ipswich Manager). He is looking to trim his 29 man squad going forward.  Not possible to keep that number of players happy and doesnít make for a happy camp with so many not involved every game.

If that is indicative of all clubs in the lower Divisionís, then it could well be there will be a surplus of players that are needed.   That should certainly lower players expectations.   Even more so if players are looking at Non League Football
As a 2nd job.

8k a week playing budget would bring the annual budget down to a little 300k a season.  Much more manageable I would suggest for Clubs of our size.

In SCís podcast with the Dover Chairman.  The Dover main man said that 80-85% of a Clubs expenditure at National League level went on player wages.   With SC saying previously it was costing in excess of a 100k a month to run Kings Lynn.  Then those savings could be massive.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 04:41:10 PM »
The problem arises though that while some clubs are saving money...along comes a money man buys a club pours money in...the better players are drawn to that club to kiss that badge for a while....they win things......other clubs then try and compete and low and behold before you know it....the whole viscous circle starts again.
IMO nothing will change until the rules change and that's not going happen because money talks and the people that make the rules are "guided" by those that hold the most.
There are no morals in football....if a salary cap is enforced....what do chairmen do?
Abide by it?
Do they heckers like....they find a way around it through sponsorship deals or under the counter payments.
Football needs to take a long hard look at itself....but...again it wont happen.
My guess is by time the 2022/23 season starts and fans are back in as normal (hopefully)....money coming in ...this will all be forgotten...nothing will be learnt from it...and ....unfortunately nothing will have changed

I think we need another captain sensible post on recent events...he seems to have an inside knowledge on things..... :farmer:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 06:11:17 PM »
In fairness Dilligaf Clubs with owners who have bottomless pockets will know no end to get what they want ( while they are on the purse strings).  We canít hope to compete at those levels.

So many ex League Clubs who are desperate to get back to former glories are always going to hold the upper hand in terms of what is on offer.   A wage  cap wonít work either, as you suggest.

However these big Non League Giants canít sign everything that moves, so maybe a way around it is to limit the number of players a Club can run with?   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal