Author Topic: Substitutes  (Read 2688 times)

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
Re: Substitutes
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 03:40:36 PM »
If the Under21s are not selected to sit on the bench in times of crisis then should we not consider having a reserve team when finances allow? It is all very well advertising the Academy as a means of getting into the first team but the evidence of recent days suggest otherwise.

Spot on Nemesis. Stating in the newspapers on friday and on Social Media that there is nowhere for young players to go! What about all the young players that have come through King's Lynn Community Football, King's Lynn Soccer School etc etc that have made it to KLTFC. Joe Taylor is a classic example as is Dom Dwyer now a USA international. Without players steppinhg up from KLCF and/or KLSC then the Reserve team at KLTFC would of been dead and buried years ago.
Sorry but it was another load of bull **** in the newspapers and social media again bribing youngsters and their parents to leave their existing football to come to KLTFC.

From reading the article myself I actually thought it was relatively complimentary of the Community set up. So Iíd have to disagree with you on that one. The names mentioned didnít actually go through the set up, Joe later on but Dom didnít. I for one think the club need an academy and itís not an overnight result. I watched a few 21s games this season and the  gap from academy/21s is very vast right now so can see the reasoning behind the lack of these players in the first team. Not saying Iím 100% against it but there must be an element of protecting the young lads also. Iíll certainly be signing my son and daughter up regardless as it all reads and looks positive.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 03:28:57 PM »
I see that FBT is hardly getting any minutes at peterboro fc...wonder if there would be any thing in it if the question was asked if he would come back on loan until season end???
Depends what our relationship is with Peterboro I suppose.... :dontknow:

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 04:04:01 PM »
I've noticed that over the past few games. Nowhere near as many starts and sub as last season.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »
Can anyone enlighten me on the new loan signing Theo Richardson from Cleethorpes. Post from Lynn website says he will play tonight with No 1 Shirt. Does this mean Mair is missing.  :scarf: :scarf:

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 05:03:38 PM »
If the Under21s are not selected to sit on the bench in times of crisis then should we not consider having a reserve team when finances allow? It is all very well advertising the Academy as a means of getting into the first team but the evidence of recent days suggest otherwise.

Spot on Nemesis. Stating in the newspapers on friday and on Social Media that there is nowhere for young players to go! What about all the young players that have come through King's Lynn Community Football, King's Lynn Soccer School etc etc that have made it to KLTFC. Joe Taylor is a classic example as is Dom Dwyer now a USA international. Without players steppinhg up from KLCF and/or KLSC then the Reserve team at KLTFC would of been dead and buried years ago.
Sorry but it was another load of bull **** in the newspapers and social media again bribing youngsters and their parents to leave their existing football to come to KLTFC.

From reading the article myself I actually thought it was relatively complimentary of the Community set up. So Iíd have to disagree with you on that one. The names mentioned didnít actually go through the set up, Joe later on but Dom didnít. I for one think the club need an academy and itís not an overnight result. I watched a few 21s games this season and the  gap from academy/21s is very vast right now so can see the reasoning behind the lack of these players in the first team. Not saying Iím 100% against it but there must be an element of protecting the young lads also. Iíll certainly be signing my son and daughter up regardless as it all reads and looks positive.
Sorry to have to put you right but Dom Dwyer was with KLCF at 15 after being released by Norwich. He was playing mens football at 16. Up to the age of 18 Dom and Kyle Nicholls both coached for KLCF and both were then playing for KL Reserves.
They then went to the States and very much enjoying their lives, very thankful of their time with KLCF.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 05:19:13 PM »
Can anyone enlighten me on the new loan signing Theo Richardson from Cleethorpes. Post from Lynn website says he will play tonight with No 1 Shirt. Does this mean Mair is missing.  :scarf: :scarf:

Internationals coming up.   :dontknow:
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 05:26:10 PM »

Internationals coming up.   :dontknow:

Don't think Archie was in the last squad and next fixture for Scotland u21s looks like September so doesn't look like international cover.  That said we know he won't be here next season so maybe we are starting to see the season being turned into trials for 2021/22 which sounds strange with 18 games to go but would at least be a positive to come out of the mess that 2020/21 has been.  Was the new lad at Grantham during IC's brief spell there?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 05:36:37 PM »
Totally correct Gordon...and I think you'll find there are yet more ex KLCF/KLFC players still plying their trade on the other side of the pond

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 07:53:33 PM »
Totally correct Gordon...and I think you'll find there are yet more ex KLCF/KLFC players still plying their trade on the other side of the pond
Thank you Dilligaf. I still have the photo in my showroom with Dom wearing a Double G Clothing sponsored Reserves shirt.
I am sure i am right that Mark Heath Preston has also had an amazing career in the States.
The lad Freestone at Cheltenham is also i believe another product of the Kings Lynn Community Football programme. Played against the mighty Man City in the Fa Cup recently and had a great game.

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 10:19:45 PM »

Sorry to have to put you right but Dom Dwyer was with KLCF at 15 after being released by Norwich. He was playing mens football at 16. Up to the age of 18 Dom and Kyle Nicholls both coached for KLCF and both were then playing for KL Reserves.
They then went to the States and very much enjoying their lives, very thankful of their time with KLCF.

Yes, I am very aware as I know them both. My point on Dom was mainly that joining at 15 after being in an academy prior, then playing menís football at 16 is hardly what Iíd call going through the KLCF system. Not slating the system as it was great for feeding lads through to the reserves in previous years, but Dom certainly isnít an example of that.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 10:37:59 PM »

Yes, I am very aware as I know them both. My point on Dom was mainly that joining at 15 after being in an academy prior, then playing menís football at 16 is hardly what Iíd call going through the KLCF system. Not slating the system as it was great for feeding lads through to the reserves in previous years, but Dom certainly isnít an example of that.

I believe that there are youngsters in the Academy at the moment, that have previously been involved at other Academy's.   :dontknow:

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2021, 10:56:48 PM »

I believe that there are youngsters in the Academy at the moment, that have previously been involved at other Academy's.   :dontknow:

There are, yes. Iím unsure how that is relevant to the points made from myself and Gordon though. Iíve said itís been a great asset to the club, no doubting that at all. Just pointed out Dom isnít really one that can be used. Hopefully the new academy can keep picking up players who leave Norwich etc. A few more Sonny Careyís would be nice!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 12:01:10 AM »

There are, yes. Iím unsure how that is relevant to the points made from myself and Gordon though. Iíve said itís been a great asset to the club, no doubting that at all. Just pointed out Dom isnít really one that can be used. Hopefully the new academy can keep picking up players who leave Norwich etc. A few more Sonny Careyís would be nice!

Surely they are in the same position Dom was in.  :dontknow:

Do we now say that these didn't come through via our Academy?

Just asking.

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 10:05:27 AM »

Just asking.

They are in the same position if they join at 15.... that they came through another academy. However the difference would be they will now play for 5 years in Kingís Lynn Academy post leaving, due to the new u19 set up at the club.  1 season isnít coming through the academy. He played in the community set up,, yes. But didnít come through it. He came through Norwich Academy.

Hope this helps.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 10:10:24 AM »

Just asking.

They are in the same position if they join at 15.... that they came through another academy. However the difference would be they will now play for 5 years in Kingís Lynn Academy post leaving, due to the new u19 set up at the club.  1 season isnít coming through the academy. He played in the community set up,, yes. But didnít come through it. He came through Norwich Academy.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks.

Is that the official definition of "coming through our Academy"?

Just wondering about young Gascoigne (as an example). If he moves on to greater things, wouldn't it be good for the future marketing of our Academy to say that he came though it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal