Author Topic: Monkey Hangers pay a Tuesday night visit  (Read 1877 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Monkey Hangers pay a Tuesday night visit
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:09:31 AM »
Can’t be a journey they are looking forward to.  So maybe, just maybe we can nick something here.

What sort of team and indeed bench will we be able to field ?   Wouldn’t be surprised to see a new face.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Monkey Hangers pay a Tuesday night visit
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:01 PM »
Don't tell me you're finally fit Mall ?! :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
No new injury concerns and club preview 'hopes' Gash will be fit so may have three subs at least.  Personally thought Saturday was one of our better performances and we looked more assured in possession than in many games this season, even if we didn't look like we had much of a cutting edge.  I would go with the same for tonight but start with Mitchell up top with Jackson and move Kiwomya down to the bench, whilst we may lose a bit of width we should have a more movement up top and options for the midfield.  In terms of the bench, I would still like to see Luke Johnson (if his loan @ Dereham has come to an end) or Joe Taylor at least being in and around the squad as I really can't see how it would inhibit their development

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 02:39:33 PM »
Apparently the streaming figures have only been around the 200 mark recently, so here's the link if you need it for tonight and want to boost the viewing figures:

https://streaming.insightfour.com/stream/QzBSVWV6.

:scarf:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 02:48:49 PM »
Maybe even news of a new signing on there tonight!
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
Apparently the streaming figures have only been around the 200 mark recently, so here's the link if you need it for tonight and want to boost the viewing figures:

https://streaming.insightfour.com/stream/QzBSVWV6.

:scarf:

Lets hope for a few more tonight, my guess is Hartlepool will 'bring more' than Sutton but still need to find a way to get more of the 'Walks regulars' to see that streams are a way of backing the club.  It does make me concerned for the future that many have 'switched off' because of COVID and that then raises the question of how difficult it will be to get these fans back when the gates do open again.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 06:18:58 PM »
 From Clubs website:

King’s Lynn Town are proud to announce Academy prospect Joe Gascoigne has linked up with the first team, ahead of tonight’s game against Hartlepool United.

Gascoigne will wear the number 40 shirt.

Head of Youth Development and Academy Manager, Joe Simpson says, “I’m delighted Joe Gascoigne has been given opportunity to step in with the first team at this stage. He is a young man who applies himself very well to all aspects of his football, on and off the pitch. This is hopefully a sign of things to come with players given opportunity to step up from our Academy and Under 21’s team.”

Dilly's Slippery Nipster? :dontknow:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »
Don’t know anything about him, B & G, but good luck to him, for sure.  We have our new slippery nipster, although a team really needs 4 or 5 in total. IMVHO!) I regard them as essential as a KitKat with the evening coffee !  But the good news is that GYASI has made it into the team !  After several weeks of hoping he would take the place of Loza, and last weeks impressive arrival, he was first name on the Dilly team sheet this week.  Let’s hope for a cracker tonight.....

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 09:45:27 PM »
What a great result !

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »
Although I only saw the second half (listened to the first on Radio Norfolk) it sounded / looked another solid performance and a fully deserved the point.  Can't really comment on Gyasi's game but Radio Norfolk were impressed - did he play more centrally alongside Mitchell?  Pleasing again to see us happy to play a more possession style game and see what we can create rather than just giving the ball back to the opposition and inviting more pressure.

Report on radio this morning and in the club website says Mair is injured but no real indication as to the seriousness / timescale but well done to the club for bringing Richardson in at short notice and considering he said he hadn't played since November (and was probably introduced to his back four in the pre-match warm up) I though he did well.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 04:57:32 PM »
Although I only saw the second half (listened to the first on Radio Norfolk) it sounded / looked another solid performance and a fully deserved the point.  Can't really comment on Gyasi's game but Radio Norfolk were impressed - did he play more centrally alongside Mitchell?  Pleasing again to see us happy to play a more possession style game and see what we can create rather than just giving the ball back to the opposition and inviting more pressure.

Gyasi played more of a free role I thought - pushed up alongside Mitchell at times, but was often on the right hand side. Good first start and be good to see him get more and push on.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 05:25:07 PM »

Gyasi played more of a free role I thought - pushed up alongside Mitchell at times, but was often on the right hand side. Good first start and be good to see him get more and push on.

Thanks for the post Paul, I don't understand why Kiwomya doesn't have that sort of role when he plays and we go with essentially one up top as you would have thought he has that bit more experience to be able to find the right areas but he often stays stuck out wide and has very little influence on the game.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 08:58:09 PM »
Why was Gyasi taken off ?  Was he injured ?  It looked strange, as he was “the man most likely”.  First name on the Dilly team-sheet on Saturday....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal