Author Topic: Did We Play Last Night  (Read 1387 times)

NORMSKI

• View Profile
Did We Play Last Night
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:03:07 AM »
Looking at the lack of interest of last nights result it makes me wonder what IC and the players have to do to get some credit from the posters on this site.
Narrowly lose to Sutton ( league leaders ) followed by a draw against Hartlepool (2nd in league ) is obviously not good enough under the circumstances.
Paragraph after paragraph is written about substitutes but when the team does well not a word.  :comeon:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Did We Play Last Night
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:17:35 AM »
Looking at the lack of interest of last nights result it makes me wonder what IC and the players have to do to get some credit from the posters on this site.
Narrowly lose to Sutton ( league leaders ) followed by a draw against Hartlepool (2nd in league ) is obviously not good enough under the circumstances.
Paragraph after paragraph is written about substitutes but when the team does well not a word.  :comeon:

A post and subsequent discussions on the Sutton game was started within minutes of the final whistle being blown.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 11:24:45 AM »

Have to disagree with you.......I think it was a very good point,,,,the 3 points seem rather elusive....could easily have been 3 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Think people generally would be very happy with the performance..........just shows that some of the supposedly lesser names can perform as well as some of the "stars" who are currently furloughed............confirms the great opportunity that exists for finding players for roles for the remainder of the season, that can then be in the squad for next season.......think in fairness, that's where the interest in subs lies...ie who can come on from the bench as a"trialist" and prove their worth over the course of the remaining matches

Would expect to  see Joe Taylor amongst the subs soon

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »
I think most if not all fans are delighted by the fighting spirit shown by IC and his remaining players.

I must admit when the news broke that we were going to carry on and players furloughed I did fear the worst.  I thought we would be on the rough end of a few dickings.

Itís great to be proven so wrong

NORMSKI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 12:00:10 PM »
That was not what I meant KES80.
What was meant was that because there had been no comments on the result that a draw against the 2nd place team was obviously felt not worthy of comment by usual posters but continuous comments regarding substitutes is.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 12:02:18 PM »
What was meant was that because there had been no comments on the result that a draw against the 2nd place team was obviously felt not worthy of comment by usual posters but continuous comments regarding substitutes is.

But Normski, there was nothing stopping you starting a post about last nights game, but you choose to mention people commenting on substitutes instead.  :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »

Iím a usual poster Norm. My comments last night

Re: Monkey Hangers pay a Tuesday night visit
ę Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 09:45:27 PM Ľ
QuoteModifyRemove
What a great result !

Does that count ?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 12:50:16 PM »
Dread to think how much the club will spend on wages for a keeper to come in next season, when Pedro would be more than capable of doing a job on quite low wages compared to the other 'stars'.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:41 PM »
Dread to think how much the club will spend on wages for a keeper to come in next season, when Pedro would be more than capable of doing a job on quite low wages compared to the other 'stars'.

He's one player I would love to see back.

For a Wisbech Lad, he's Lynn through and through and I honestly think he's good enough.

He must have had the opportunity to leave as some others did when Setch was replaced, but stayed loyal to the Club. Shame he wasn't wanted by the powers that be for this season, but that's football.

:scarf:

This must be one area where we could save money, that wouldn't be to the detriment to the strength of the squad.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »

Normski, not everyone can post immediately but there were (rightly) positive posts after both Saturday and last night's game.  As for the comments on substitutes, I think it was a reasonable question to ask why we went into last weekend games with only two outfield players but didn't see fit to include one or more of the academy lads.  I think we all understand they are not National League level (yet) but I felt less concerned when Fleming went down with a knock last night that we at least had cover on the bench that wasn't a 50 year old keeper.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »
Good performance I thought. Impressed with Gyasi, certainly has a lot of pace and not afraid to get stuck in as they say.

Mitchell took his goal well and the keeper, for someone who only signed on the day, did all that could have been expected of him. Carey once again was excellent, he really is playing some good football at the moment.

Shame more Lynn fans didn't buy the stream, seemed to be more away fans purchase it which seems odd to me but there you go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 06:57:15 PM »
Why surprised Paul ? Ex League, Much bigger club with a much bigger fanbase supporting a team at the business end of the League with something to play for.

What were the figures for last night ?   If the Club isnít getting decent streaming figures Paul, what would you put it down to ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 09:06:05 PM »
Ok - all positive here ....  We are developing a team that can do really well soon, and particularly next season.  And can anyone tell me why Gyasi was subbed ?  Heís a very good find, and the best player on the pitch until he went.  Was it an injury ?  He is first name on the Dilly team-sheet for Saturday.  We can find a team here to frighten most in this league when all are available again.....

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2021, 09:06:25 PM »
 :bus:j
Why surprised Paul ? Ex League, Much bigger club with a much bigger fanbase supporting a team at the business end of the League with something to play for.

What were the figures for last night ?   If the Club isnít getting decent streaming figures Paul, what would you put it down to ?

Not for me to say but wonít understand why people are not buying a stream to watch the team you support. Was well worth it last night, excellent performance

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
From a personal point of view I find watching games Streamed  from empty stadiums a soulless experience.

Match day ( for me) is just that. Match DAY.   Streaming cannot offer that. Nothing beats the feeling of entering a ground.  The anticipation, The noise, the smell, the buzz.  Meeting up with people you may only see once a fortnight.  Chatting about the game, the individual performances, whispers of player signings.   Just the whole package.

Iím sure many people love the streaming idea.  Each to their own.  Itís just not for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal