Author Topic: Kings Lynn Town FC Academy-The positives.  (Read 2181 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
Kings Lynn Town FC Academy-The positives.
« on: March 17, 2021, 01:11:39 PM »
As there's been interest on this subject recently, just thought I would kick this off.

So, anyone that's interested in this subject.................go for it.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
Re: Kings Lynn Town FC Academy-The positives.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 01:25:15 PM »
 :cheers:

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 04:37:58 PM »
Positive-NO. The kids are being signed up left right and centre. Once signed NOT allowed to play for anybody else. By this they are Lynn players on a Saturday but NOT allowed to continue their Sunday games with the likes of Terrington Tigers, Clenchwarton Woottons, Reffley, West Winch etc etc.
This means if they sign on 30 kids for example for under 11s a maximum 15 will be getting a game on the saturday, but those not getting a game will NOT be able to play anywhere else.
This will destroy local childrens Sunday football.
SHAME on you SC! If you are proud of what you hope to achieve you are going to make even more enemies than you already have. Your ethics are disgraceful.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »
Having an extended family member who's son was a member of one of the younger groups last season he loved the training and being able to represent King's Lynn Town. He can't wait for football to restart and is hoping to move up the age groups.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 05:46:28 PM »
Positive-NO. The kids are being signed up left right and centre. Once signed NOT allowed to play for anybody else. By this they are Lynn players on a Saturday but NOT allowed to continue their Sunday games with the likes of Terrington Tigers, Clenchwarton Woottons, Reffley, West Winch etc etc.
This means if they sign on 30 kids for example for under 11s a maximum 15 will be getting a game on the saturday, but those not getting a game will NOT be able to play anywhere else.
This will destroy local childrens Sunday football.

..................................................................although I do wish it had a better relationship with some of the local Clubs.

I have to say that having spoken to some other local clubs involved with younger players, some of the Management of KLTFC and some of the staff involved with the Academy are far from popular with them (I'm being polite here).

The Academy have certainly not got all the best local players under their wings, as some have refused to become involved for various reasons.

That's a shame, as you would think everyone could help each other.

It will be interesting to see how many will go back to their original clubs.
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 06:50:49 PM »
Playing for your village team, playing with your mates is everything. Once that time has passed it's gone...never coming back.
I know personally of lads that spent their youth 9yrs - 16yrs at Norwich city academy at peterboro academy at cambridge centre of excellence only to be released.
And each of them said they regretted and missed not playing with their friends and enjoying their time representing their local/village team.
KLTFC academy to be successful and respected by their players and the local surrounding teams must find a way....imo...of letting these lads enjoy their youth football by not only representing KLTFC but by also playing for their own local teams.
A rapport between KLTFC and the local footballing community must be built....not a divide.... :scarf: :dontknow:
Ideally a connection between KLTFC and KLCF would have been the best solution but for whatever reasons that bridge seems to have been burnt....dont burn the bridge between KLTFC and the local football teams they could be the life blood of the academy

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 07:04:14 PM »
The Academy works on so many levels for the Club. 

The pick of any decent local players and being able to take them through, hopefully a few to first level and beyond.

A tie with the lads where  hopefully they become life long Linnets  fans.

A massive boast to Club funds from funding available.

The children get top coaching in a safe and controlled environment.

Beardsmore80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 07:24:53 PM »
There I was thinking something nice was about to happen. Instead the same old moaners continue to be negative.

Mallard 👏🏼👏🏼 Well said.

Whoever is spreading rumours about the kids not being allowed to play for their local team....I asked this question before signing up my kids and I can tell you that is a lie. Sorry to break that news Mr Chilvers.

Stuartgallon1978

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »
Gordon I've known you a lot of years and always thought of you as a decent bloke . But I must say I'm shocked by the things you write on here . You slag the club off all the time and seem to love when anything goes wrong with the club you look so bitter and twisted . You and Keith have shocked me and a lot of other people with your antics and the way you always snipe and have little digs at the club and Mr Cleeve. Your gripes with him have nothing to do with the players and other club staff who give up there time and money for free. I've heard you say the chairman is only doing the academy for money and you've now said that it's disgusting that kids can't play for Sunday teams . What utter drivel . You need to check where you get your information mate . As manager of the under 12s this season and I also run a Sunday side I can clarify that all my under 13s are allowed to play Sunday football next season so your wrong there . Also with regards the chairmen is only doing the academy  as a money making scheme . Wrong yet again . The fees are half the price of the community football and all kit is paid for. The chairman actually paid for some of  the under 12s kit out of his own pocket. As for not caring about the kids.  He texts me after every game on a Saturday to see how his young linnets are getting on . So wrong again on that front. Please get your facts right in the future as your making yourself look rather silly and annoying a lot of people . As for the person who said the academy doesn't get the best players . Football is all about opinions so your never going to please everyone . Your always going to upset someone. Also if anyone has a problem with me or the coaches in the under 12s . My email and number is available at the club . Feel free to voice your concerns face to face instead of behind a keyboard.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »
Good post Mr Gallon. A good strong academy can only be good for the future of the club. Not every player will it at this level, but with good education via KES they could hopefully get a decent career within sport and play at a decent level. All sounds positive to me moving forward.

Stuartgallon1978

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:35 PM »
Just no need for all the negatively from the same old people all the time.  People are getting so bored of it. I like Gordon but he is out of order . Where is he getting his information from. Everyone slags Cleeve off but he makes them eat there words every season. If he didn't care about the club why would he set up this academy and also with what's gone on this season would be so easy to walk away . Instead he has kept the club going with his own money . You should thank the bloke not slag  him off. I'm just sick of it all they want the club to fail.  They are not supporters

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 01:30:47 AM »
I am glad to hear that all youngs lads are playing both local and KLTFC football....good news  :comeon:
But to be fair and in Gordon's defence....Norwich city academy, peterboro academy, cambridge academy....do not allow any of their academy players to play for any other teams..... :dontknow:

Stuartgallon1978

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 07:13:21 AM »
As if the club would stop them at such a young age . Just more nonsense  from someone who has a personal vendetta against the club. As for the lads not liking the coaching staff I had 19 great lads and great parents signed on last season. All 19 have signed up for the trial to get in again next season. I think that's telling you something . Maybe the person saying saying stuff about coaching staff or mangers had a child that didn't get in or maybe a jealous manager who didn't get asked to coach. There is always 2 sides to every story. Some need to realise this and rumours you hear are not always true .

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 08:10:57 AM »
On the subject of Youth Football.  Interesting article on The Beeb website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56437340

Series also on BBC ONE starting on Monday night.   

Good to see that all youth Football is now very much under stricter controls. Annual audits  Security checks on staff etc. 

Can see these clubs facing several court battles on this subject, on past histories.  Going to get expensive.

How did these Clubs allow these ‘Coaches’ to ruin so many lives ?

Stuartgallon1978

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 09:18:05 AM »
Anyone could do it years ago mate . Now you have to get police checked and do all the safe guarding courses. There is new courses out all the time that you have to complete . Shame this wasn't around years ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal