Author Topic: Two more in  (Read 3053 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Two more in
« on: March 22, 2021, 05:31:58 PM »
Bit more movement on the player front - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-set-to-sign-ipswich-defender-7842240

So a centre half and a right back/holding midfield player.  Don't think anyone can argue that they are needed given we went with three forwards on the bench at the weekend (and will now lose Mitchell for a couple of games).  I suppose the other question is whether either is likely to be available for next season or are they just 'filling in'?  Appreciate we need bodies now but for me, the more we can use this period to try and shape the squad for next season the better as it's pretty clear that the squad we started with this season needs some major work if we are going to be at least competitive next year.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Two more in
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:54 PM »
King's Lynn Town FC (@officialKLtown) Tweeted:
New signings | Double signing for King's Lynn Town

https://t.co/XOPoijyU3u

Yes good to use this period for "live trials"....a centre half is def required.. could be lupano next yr but interesting to see how these two new lads perform.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 06:02:17 PM »
The Ipswich lad is very highly thought of so can’t see the loan stretching beyond the end of the season.

IC has called on an old team mate to help out with that one.  Good contact to be nurtured going forward ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
Concerned !  How many Centre-halves and Right- backs does a team need ?  We need goalscorers to win games.  On Carey, he was in the Dilly team when others were calling for him to be loaned out to “learn the game”, whatever that means.  BUT, I do think he’d be better off playing NL for another year, rather than a bit pert player higher up.  On Altrincham, no Diilyteam can be selected, because some of the players are now unknown quantities.  But Gyasi is on the Dilly team sheet.  Davies looked handy on Sat, as well....in general, the changes and recruitment do look promising, because it suggests IC and SC are planning a real course out of this Covid/Financial quagmire.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 10:19:25 AM »
Think we need a 2nd outstanding centre half . The  incoming right back can also  play midfield , so might be a younger replacement of Jarv. Like you Dilly, I would rather Carey stay for another season.....we are shaping up to have one of the strongest midfields in the league.if he should go tho, we need to behave like a professional NL outfit and ensure we are adequately compensated

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 01:06:56 PM »
On Carey, he was in the Dilly team when others were calling for him to be loaned out to “learn the game”, whatever that means.  BUT, I do think he’d be better off playing NL for another year, rather than a bit pert player higher up.

Personally think he should be all over that move to a Pro club, training every day, with better facilities/coaches/players. Even if it's for 6 months before he's loaned out to see what improvements have been made, beats playing for King's Lynn another season.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »
Concerned !  How many Centre-halves and Right- backs does a team need ?  We need goalscorers to win games...

Dilly, appreciate we need to score goals to win games but looking at the bench these past few games and the fact that we have been playing a young centre half at right back for a while, bringing a right back in seems to make perfect sense.  Likewise we are hardly strong at centre half so bringing a lad in from Ipswich and possibly opening up a new avenue for potential loan players in the coming seasons (another thing we are miles behind on compared to other NL clubs) seems to be a sensible move. 

Given how the season has gone the remainder has to be less about results and more about developing - both the lads who we hope will remain here next season and setting up better links with higher level clubs who probably never thought of King's Lynn as a potential club to loan players out to.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 01:37:18 PM »
...we are shaping up to have one of the strongest midfields in the league...

Whilst I appreciate the need to sometimes view the glass as 'half full', this must surely have been said in jest?  I can't see Sonny being here next season and just hope we get some reasonably compensation for him and would wish him all the best.  I think Richards has also done enough to justify interest from elsewhere in the NL and maybe he will be tempted to reduce his travel and he would be a loss but other than that I can't see many clubs coming in for any more of our midfielders.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
Richards, Carey, King, Kiwomya......on their day, as good as most in the league.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 04:26:13 PM »
I think IC and Backie deserve massive praise for getting players in for next to nothing allowing SC to complete the season rather than risk losing Lynn’s National League membership.   

I’m sure it can’t have been easy but it seems it has galvanised the Club into producing performances over and above the expectation level.

Begs the question where would we be without them. 

Thank heavens they both stuck with it.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 04:34:46 PM »
I wonder what the future is for FB-T.
Out of contract  this summer, 26 in September and only played 38 minutes of league football this year.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 05:14:49 PM »
Richards, Carey, King, Kiwomya......on their day, as good as most in the league.

Fair enough, happy to agree to disagree.  Whilst showing 'glimpses', I don't think either King or Kiwomya have shown anywhere near the consistency to find a place in a 'good' NL side based on what I have seen on the streams this season and to play those four as your midfield would be asking a hell of a lot from Richards in terms of defensive responsibilities.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 06:06:15 PM »
Yes, agree with that last point you make Tony, but could see someone like  Richardson in goal, with Jones, Denton, C-McF and a new towering centre half (much like the Ipswich loanee), then someone like the Southend loanee playing just in front then Richards, Carey and King, with Kiwomya just ahead and then a real goal poacher up top....so effectively 4 1 3 1 1 if that makes sense. Clunan plus one as back up in midfield, Gyasi for Kiwomya and Mitchell for the goal poacher, Smith /Mc Cauley as reserve centre back, Barrows and one other (Fleming ?) as back up full backs.
Be interesting to see how the  3 new guys perform over the next 6 matches...hoping they make a real impact and like it here.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 10:46:34 PM »
I wonder what the future is for FB-T.
Out of contract  this summer, 26 in September and only played 38 minutes of league football this year.

If they only we could have FBT and Norman rampaging up the wings from deep again.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 12:14:09 AM »
Or Nathan Fox.  Only saw one winger get the better of him in the NLN...  that was the small Chester winger.  He was a good attacker too.  No idea why he was moved on....  And..  although I like the four midfielders KES listed, I don’t think they play together going forward.  They all try a surge, but lose it before passing. In most games, all KL players do that, constantly chasing a ball that has escaped their control.  Alty were nippy and worked together all game tonight.  There were always free men to use to keep a move going.  We seem to have lost that aspect... IMHO....And still think Pedro is better than the two who have replaced him, AND good enough for this league....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal