Author Topic: LN's article  (Read 1648 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
LN's article
« on: March 22, 2021, 07:17:45 PM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/talented-linnets-midfielder-linked-with-championship-clubs-9191923/

Well, have to say it surprises me that two Clubs hoping for PL next season are interested (no disrespect to the lad), but I suppose stranger things have happened.

What's he worth?
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: LN's article
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 07:58:18 PM »
IC surely wouldnít want to stand in a players way of progressing.  So maybe a nominal fee with add onís if he makes the grade ?   Canít see a club wanting to pay much up front for a Non League.  For example when Jamie Vardy went from Non League to League Football the up front fee was 17k.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 08:06:16 PM »
IC surely wouldnít want to stand in a players way of progressing.  So maybe a nominal fee with add onís if he makes the grade ?   Canít see a club wanting to pay much up front for a Non League.  For example when Jamie Vardy went from Non League to League Football the up front fee was 17k.

????? Really ???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Vardy

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »

I would think the Club would be pleased with anything around those figures. It has ben mentioned that  there's ex League players willing to play for £400  a week, so that presumably means lower player wages are expected for next season. I  would guess that means that Clubs are expecting more reslistic transfer fees as well.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 08:16:21 PM »

????? Really ???

Wiki.......ever reliable!    :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 08:39:56 PM »
I think (as you have probably gathered) , that you are both well wide if the mark ....and the key to any deal will be the add on clauses, relating to further payments for  a certain number of 1st team appearances and a sell on clause. I would have thought an initial fee of £30-£50K plus add ons is still peanuts for a Championship/Prem league side.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 09:05:03 PM »
I think (as you have probably gathered) , that you are both well wide if the mark ....and the key to any deal will be the add on clauses, relating to further payments for  a certain number of 1st team appearances and a sell on clause. I would have thought an initial fee of £30-£50K plus add ons is still peanuts for a Championship/Prem league side.

I'm sure that 50k is still peanuts for a Champioship side. I don't think that's really the point though.

An initial payment of 30k-50k would value him at a quarter of a million plus.

Sorry, but I can't really can't see that, or anywhere near it.

:dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 09:18:11 PM »
How do you get to 250k B &G ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 10:16:08 PM »
When is Carey out of contract ?  That might have an impact on any valuation.   Not sure how much a League club would pay for a Non League Player.  50k sounds good money, if SC could get it. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 10:56:37 PM »
How do you get to 250k B &G ?

Sorry, I misread your post and what you meant about the initial fee.

250k would have been nice though.  :laughcry:

If anyone offers 50k, snap their hands off.

As far as money goes, our most valuable player?  What do you think?   :dontknow::

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 09:26:21 AM »

????? Really ???

I had that wrong KES.  I was thinking in 2010 Halifax were still a League Club.   Fleetwood paid Halifax 177k for him.  Mind top class goalscorers always come at a Premium price.

I still 30-50k would be good money.  Any idea how much FBT went to Posh for ?  That kinda would set the bar

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 08:52:39 AM »
I remember back in the 90s ,we sold Mark Paul to Southampton for around £70,000, that was a big fee for non league football then, and a few years later he returned for nothing, that's the way  to do business, my point being that at todays prices Carey should be worth at least £200,000, plus any sell on fee.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
I remember back in the 90s ,we sold Mark Paul to Southampton for around £70,000, that was a big fee for non league football then, and a few years later he returned for nothing, that's the way  to do business, my point being that at todays prices Carey should be worth at least £200,000, plus any sell on fee.

Nice thought but I suppose the value will depend a lot on if you are buying or selling.

On the one hand we are told there are ex league full time professionals available for £400 per week, on the other hand there are player's where their Clubs would obviously like to get top dollar when selling.

Maybe a lot will depend if the buying Clubs have had the reset button pressed yet and how many of them will be operating on smaller playing budgets next season?

:dontknow:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 08:31:12 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" :oldman" :farmer: There are lots of ifs and buts involved in this, and the truth of the matter is, that we as supporters will never know the the true amounts involved was he ever too be sold :farmer: :oldman" :oldman" :farmer:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal