Author Topic: Thursday nights fans forum  (Read 2248 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Thursday nights fans forum
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:12:54 PM »
Good point raised about the car parking. It would be good if the club could come to some arrangement about the usage of the St. James car park. I wouldn't object to contributing a small fee for parking on match days and it would surely be beneficial to both parties?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »
Would make a great deal of sense all round IMO. Since we lost the hospital parking facility, some may not attend as frequently as before? It is a fact that like myself, many of our regular supporters are of a 'mature age' and having to walk a significant distance could well influence their decision whether or not to attend games, particularly mid week?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »
Nice in theory but not sure about the practical side of things, the cost of ticket machines,  paid wardens and a fine/wheel clamping system. Would such a system pay for itself?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 03:41:57 PM »
How about if the Club was to take over the car park on Match days and then charge people a couple of quid to park there ?  Might generate a bit of cash especially when we have a big game in Town.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »
I think the St James Car Park has ticket machines, if so why should there be a problem that the club cannot resolve? One of the stewards could monitor to make sure everyone pays.