Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 1918 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Disappointing
« on: April 06, 2021, 07:29:24 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" :oldman" :farmer: I just felt I had to write this message as, I believe that KLTFC had a very good win yesterday and nobody seems to be bothered to comment on it. I have waited over 24 hours before I started the thread to see if anybody commented but no,not one message. I personally feel that we should be heaping praise on Mr Culverhouse, Bastock, Back and indeed LOVE HIM OR LOATHE HIM AS SOME DO, Mr Cleeve. Between them they have so far kept the club running, they have brought in players to fill gaps week after week, we as fans are not able to watch this team from the stands, but they are fighting for our cause, for very little money, and I for one feel the above mentioned and all the squad of players deserve a little bit of credit. Hereís hoping a few off you agree. :oldman" :farmer: :farmer: :oldman"

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 07:49:25 PM »
Well said but you are on the wrong forum if you expect to hear praise on here

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »

Can you put a link on here for the other forum(s) Might be worth a read.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 07:56:52 PM »
I think that the days of forums are over, Facebook is an easier option nowadays.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:07:14 PM »

:stir:

That's just not true. Maybe you should take time to read the other threads before making such a stupid comment.

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 08:20:07 PM »
Dazza I think this period will be looked back upon as really important. That's another clean sheet and a number of youngsters staking a claim for nest season.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PM »
Dazza I think this period will be looked back upon as really important. That's another clean sheet and a number of youngsters staking a claim for nest season.

Yes KES, I agree, however many seem not bothered.
Sorry Posh.
As for the other comment about Facebook being the way forward, not for me, more trouble and strife than itís worth. Also look at many other clubs forums and they have lots of loyal supporters contributing many good threads on there forums, not just the bickering and personal opinions rammed down peopleís throats,we seem to have resorted too on ours.

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 09:39:18 AM »
You wouldnít even know there was a game on last weekend, there was no pre match or post match comments from the small band of contributors.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »
Fair point Dazza, I guess many fans are taking a 'get through it' attitude to the remainder of the season.  I personally think there are still positives that can come out of the season, even if I am less concerned about results/points but appreciate that a couple of wins on the bounce will help the players/management. 

For me, the big positive is seeing the club actually giving some younger / u23s loanees a chance and showing what they can do as this was an area where we were well out step with most other clubs in the division at the start of the season.  Hopefully when SC/IC sit down at the end of the season they can put in a structure that enables us to have the right level of contacts to ensure we build on this area for 2021/22.

As for the match on Monday, thought we looked a lot better with a front two and one behind rather than sticking Carey & Gyasi out wide leaving Mitchell isolated from long periods but having gone down 3-0 recently at their place you could understand IC being cautious.  Have to feel for Carey, much as he is showing his ability and adaptability, he really does seem to be IC's option to fill in whatever gaps furlough / injuries are throwing at us.  Also both full backs had another solid outing, not sure Howard is quite pushing Jones out but certainly doing himself no harm and Denton a much, much better option than Brown.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »
 :oldman"  :farmer: So nice to see that we have stirred up a little bit of discussion on this forum, this forum is here for discussion, we will not all agree ,on all issues,all the time, but please, letís get this forum buzzing again and keep supporting the whole family of KLTFC. :farmer: :oldman"

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 07:42:29 PM »
Maybe some people felt it would have better to call a halt to our season rather than heap on a load of debt for years to come rather than face whatever punishment the League deemed was a fit punishment.

To me the League games are nothing much more than the relevance of pre season friendlies with nothing at stake.  The League only continuing to keep the big guns of the League happy.

Iím sure not many will agree with me( so whatís new).  Just feel itís all an expensive, pointless and futile exercise.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 09:31:28 PM »
Maybe some people felt it would have better to call a halt to our season rather than heap on a load of debt for years to come rather than face whatever punishment the League deemed was a fit punishment.

To me the League games are nothing much more than the relevance of pre season friendlies with nothing at stake.  The League only continuing to keep the big guns of the League happy.

Iím sure not many will agree with me( so whatís new).  Just feel itís all an expensive, pointless and futile exercise.

Spot on Mallard.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 06:30:53 AM »
 :oldman"  :farmer: Mallard and Marcus, you are entitled to your view, not saying I agree or disagree, but at least we have a thread to disucss :farmer: :oldman"

:mystic:

AndrewXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 07:27:34 AM »
Cant wait till they let us in to the walks. Lynn have brought me more joy than the PL has and are far more deserving of my money :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 09:12:13 AM »

Spot on Mallard.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Personally, what I found more  disappointing  was that a few other's choose not to congratulate young Joe on his first team league debut. Not much to celebrate this season, but with the hard work the Club is putting into the Academy side of things, this is a milestone well worth celebrating.

Each to their own I suppose, but that's a fact well worth remembering in the future when people think others should start threads on other subjects.

So again, well done Joe!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal