Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 2564 times)

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
Re: Disappointing
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:32:28 PM »
Mr Cleeve took the decision to allow Lynn to play on, so the club must make the best of it and try to take whatever positives they can from it.  And certainly the progression of some of the club’s young talent is a massive bonus. I have felt over many decades, back to the 1960s when I watched Lynn for the first time, that scant regard was given to bringing on Lynn /Norfolk youngsters for the first team.  There have been some exceptions but basically most administrations in charge during that long period have settled for imported players from far and wide. So full marks for whoever is driving on the academy idea. Lynn must continue to back that idea while I also see the need for imported players of National League standard to help develop those youngsters who do break through.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 07:58:26 PM »
Since the decision was taken to furlough half the squad and play on bringing in new players, I’ve really lost interest in this season. It didn’t and still doesn’t sit well with me shifting their wages onto taxpayers, then paying others instead. If we’d decided to field the reserve alongside the 6 or so that were ineligible for furlough (having been signed after the furlough deadline, and after we’d received a grant because we were short) that would’ve been one thing, and given them experience of this level, even if most of them probably won’t have a career at NL level. Instead, the approach taken has left me empty. I think and I hope I’ll get motivated to follow the team again come August, but the relegationless rump pre-pre-season league with half the league playing half teams isn’t for me.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Does Narcissism make you appear smarter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 09:57:35 AM »
Mr Cleeve took the decision to allow Lynn to play on, so the club must make the best of it and try to take whatever positives they can from it.  And certainly the progression of some of the club’s young talent is a massive bonus. I have felt over many decades, back to the 1960s when I watched Lynn for the first time, that scant regard was given to bringing on Lynn /Norfolk youngsters for the first team.  There have been some exceptions but basically most administrations in charge during that long period have settled for imported players from far and wide. So full marks for whoever is driving on the academy idea. Lynn must continue to back that idea while I also see the need for imported players of National League standard to help develop those youngsters who do break through.

Although I fully understand what you mean and wouldn't disagree with it, previously there was not the amount of outside funding years ago that there is these days.

The amounts Clubs can receive are not  to be sniffed at.
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to a football club?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Does Narcissism make you appear smarter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 09:59:52 AM »
Since the decision was taken to furlough half the squad and play on bringing in new players, I’ve really lost interest in this season. It didn’t and still doesn’t sit well with me shifting their wages onto taxpayers, then paying others instead. If we’d decided to field the reserve alongside the 6 or so that were ineligible for furlough (having been signed after the furlough deadline, and after we’d received a grant because we were short) that would’ve been one thing, and given them experience of this level, even if most of them probably won’t have a career at NL level. Instead, the approach taken has left me empty. I think and I hope I’ll get motivated to follow the team again come August, but the relegationless rump pre-pre-season league with half the league playing half teams isn’t for me.

I think there's many feel that way.

It's understandable.
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to a football club?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 02:26:34 PM »
Nice too see that after posting this thread earlier this week that our forum is again open,and many people are debating subjects.  As I stated earlier in the week, we don't all agree with each other, but use the forum to debate and not slate each other.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal