Author Topic: Alex Babos  (Read 1721 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Alex Babos
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »
 :farmer: :oldman" Hearing from a friend who lives in Derbyshire that ex Derby player Alex Babos  is tò b the latest addition at the walks.  :oldman" :farmer.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Alex Babos
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »
Already on home page

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »
Already on home page

Pay attention that man!

:laughcry:
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" Sorry, busy at work and received a message from friends and didn’t look on home page. My booboo, just thought I’d pass on the information. This lad went through school from infants too senior school with my friend and he tells me he is a good footballer, only time and matches will tell.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »
One in and Adam Marriott out.

Wish him well at his new Club

AndrewXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
Shame about Marriot leaving. What a player he was

Nikki

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 07:25:40 PM »
He’s gone to Eastleigh and apparently was highly recommended to them by Neil Fryatt.
My life, my lifestyle.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 08:24:33 PM »
Wish Marriott well..... probably a good move for both parties IMO......Lynn are gradually changing their set up and formation and Adam lacked the sharpness required in the NL this season to be a stand out performer. His partnership with Gash was outstanding in the previous 2 seasons, but that was naturally coming to an end anyway. Ironic that it's Eastleigh , one of only two that Lynn have doubled this term. Can't see them having enough to get promoted this year, but will be interesting to see how Adam performs.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »
.........and what a record to leave The Walks with....65 goals from 99 appearances....just brilliant

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 08:40:45 AM »
You can’t blame the lad for moving one he was only looking after his pocket

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 09:31:43 AM »
Very disappointing that Marriott and Davies are gone.  Adam M showed against Maidenhead that his close skills were still going to pay dividends in this league.  However, we then hit a patch of picking heavily defensive line-ups that left people like him and Loza isolated, with constant large gaps between most of the team and them, and with no “flood” into attacking areas from the sort required, except at set-pieces.  I can’t remember Eastleigh’s style of line-ups, but I suspect that if they have an attacking selection, AM will again score regularly.  Pity, but onwards and upwards, hopefully.  Davies was quick, and we needed that.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 09:33:35 AM »
Sorry - pushed the wrong button.  I meant to post my last one on the Adam Marriott thread !   

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 10:33:41 AM »
I'll have a friendly wager with you Dilly......you say how many you think Adam will score between now and the end of the season...... I will say 6.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 10:39:44 AM »
I am assuming he takes the pens in saying 6... otherwise I will go for 4.

Peter Batterham

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 12:10:29 PM »
I am not convinced that Eastleigh's way of playing is going to get the best out of Mazza. Their idea on how to score goals is compact defence, long ball to get free kicks, corners and throw ins into the goalmouth, then see how many players they can squeeze into the goalmouth. For me, the least convincing of the teams on the fringes of the play-offs.
Nonetheless, all the best to Adam. He gave us many memorable moments but this season things did not go his way with his pre-season injury, the Big Fella being missing and He do no longer around to cause chaos from which Adam often benefited.
I will no doubt be proved wrong with him scoring today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal