Author Topic: Kairo Mitchell Leaves for Chesterfield  (Read 3130 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Kairo Mitchell Leaves for Chesterfield
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 12:52:15 PM »
I have only heard of Colchester, Bournemouth and Swansea being interested in Sonny.

Are there others ?

There's reportedly more money swashing around in the NL than there is in League 2 and Colchester are near the bottom. ........but if a Championship were interested that should be a significant sum.

Nikki

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2021, 02:24:57 PM »
Based on what we have. received for Karo what is your valuation of Sonny Carey as the press seem to be trying hard to sell him.

Depends what sort of league club he goes too.

Probably something around £50k (with added clauses such as appearances/goals/promotion totalling X amount), with a home friendly and a sell on %. That's probably still towards high end.
I think you will find that someone at the club thinks the value is nearer 5 times that amount.I heard that theres another player being sold this week.I don't think  its Sonny's time yet.I hope not.
My life, my lifestyle.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
I think you are nearer the figure I would value him at would be a steal if it was less than 100K.we can't be selling the likes of King Carey or McFadden.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 03:02:22 PM »
the problem we have with selling players  clubs with money know our financial position and they buy them on the cheap
and  I assume most players are on a season by season   contract which  they can walk away from at the end of the season.
Not a great situation to be in but it is what it is - the chairman is only trying to make ends meet.
as for next season I imagine the average attendance will be somewhere around 1500. Come September when the furlough scheme ends I can see lots of people being made unemployed and they wont have the money to pay for the luxury of watching football.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Does Narcissism make you appear smarter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 03:25:03 PM »
I think you are nearer the figure I would value him at would be a steal if it was less than 100K.we can't be selling the likes of King Carey or McFadden.

I'd be surprised, but who knows. We all seen previously how tempted Football Clubs can be at times.

I'd go along similar lines as Non League when it comes to valuation.
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to a football club?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »
Based on what we have. received for Karo what is your valuation of Sonny Carey as the press seem to be trying hard to sell him.

Depends what sort of league club he goes too.

Probably something around £50k (with added clauses such as appearances/goals/promotion totalling X amount), with a home friendly and a sell on %. That's probably still towards high end.
I think you will find that someone at the club thinks the value is nearer 5 times that amount.I heard that theres another player being sold this week.I don't its Sonny's time yet.I hope not.

Who does ya Dad say it is this time ?  King, Barrows, Richards ..... Am I close ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 04:38:11 PM »
Getting warmer  :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 04:40:50 PM »
Possibly someone else that Chesterfield liked the look of on Saturday.....it seems to be the way they operate

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2021, 04:55:39 PM »
the problem we have with selling players  clubs with money know our financial position and they buy them on the cheap
and  I assume most players are on a season by season   contract which  they can walk away from at the end of the season.
Not a great situation to be in but it is what it is - the chairman is only trying to make ends meet.
as for next season I imagine the average attendance will be somewhere around 1500. Come September when the furlough scheme ends I can see lots of people being made unemployed and they wont have the money to pay for the luxury of watching football.

Obviously a cup half full type of guy :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2021, 06:31:28 PM »
Getting warmer  :laughcry: :laughcry:

Who you putting ya hard earned on ? 😙

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2021, 07:44:32 PM »
Well if it's Chesterfield again, then it has to be  Gyasi......the only one to really show, given that King moved to Lynn to be in the area, Callan McF likewise and Carey would go higher if he were to go.

If it's not Chesterfield, then it could just be the keeper Richardson finishing his loan if Mair is coming back, but  to be honest Mall, the way things are  going it could be anyone, for a number of different reasons. Perhaps there's been an offer for another one of the furloughed guys, who would rather be playing.

I've asked my Dad, but he doesn't know either  :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2021, 07:52:04 PM »
Wish I could ask mine. :sad:

Think itís going to be a busy summer for Messrs Culverhouse and Back.   Think there will be a lot of options available to them with players released from EFL clubs.  For example I saw Ipswich let 6 go last week, with undoubtedly more to follow.    Tough times for pro clubs going forward.

Was the Ipswich lad Baggott injured for Saturday ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Does Narcissism make you appear smarter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2021, 08:52:40 PM »

Was the Ipswich lad Baggott injured for Saturday ?

FA Youth cup duties for Ipswich.
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to a football club?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 08:57:32 PM »
Oh yes, they are having a great run.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal