Author Topic: The loan and the English Sports Council  (Read 2320 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: The loan and the English Sports Council
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 03:04:31 PM »
Well you would hope that there is a detailed plan of how the club is going to compete at this level and manage that loan..........

I don't doubt that IC will work miracles with the tools at his disposal, but will that be enough ?

Does anyone have any info on how Harrogate are funded ? I ask because they seem to be an unfashionable club with limited past history who have found a way to compete successfully.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 03:14:10 PM »

Does anyone have any info on how Harrogate are funded ? I ask because they seem to be an unfashionable club with limited past history who have found a way to compete successfully.

Rich owner.

They did also have a 4G pitch, which was used 7 days a week all year round though, so whilst owner backed the club financially there was good income streams too.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »
Thanks N L.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »
Think Simon Weavers dad bankroll them.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 05:42:46 PM »
Does Harrogate Town actually own the Freehold to that prime piece of land on the Wetherby Road ?  Got to be worth millions.   

WalksFC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
I understand that Sport England are handing out finance that will sustain clubs for the coming seasons not just this one. Anyone who thinks this all goes away in May are .........

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 07:00:03 PM »
Quite a gamble, but the crowds next year could be extremely good.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:32 PM »

If the reports are true and we need £400K to get to the start of next season (assuming we can then have a viable number of fans back in the Walks) then why on earth would the club consider bringing players back on furlough for what, to us at least, are nothing more than training games?

I thought that SC mentioned in one of his podcasts that Sport England asked him to apply for £500k but he said that was far too much, ( I believe he mentioned £300k?) I got the impression that if the club took the loan we would have the furloughed players back as there would be the money to pay them. Maybe another decision has been made to use this as an extended pre-season? I hope that if this is the case then then we get any new players on contract before they are poached, I also hope itís an idea from IC and team and not forced on them.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
I would like to see Lynn next season utilise P'Boro with them being close. Got a real good young crop of players coming through, and if they end up going up this season, and potentially establish in Championship, it's a strong club to have good connections with for the long term.

Potentially a good time for football in the area with P'Boro, Cambridge and Norwich all doing well, and King's Lynn can add their name to it hopefully by being a well liked club at this level for the football they try to play.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:43 PM »
Wrexham have received a grant of £100,000 from the Welsh Government to compensate for loss revenue from.no spectators during pandemic !!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »
is that two grants or the same Grant that all other  clubs received.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If life pushes you, push back harder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »
Wrexham have received a grant of £100,000 from the Welsh Government to compensate for loss revenue from.no spectators during pandemic !!

I'm sure I read somewhere that they had not received the same  grants that the English clubs had.

:dontknow:
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
The clue is in the name.  Sport England so no grants/loans would be available outside of England

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal