Author Topic: Norfolk Senior Cup  (Read 1820 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Norfolk Senior Cup
« on: April 15, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »
ACLE UNITED FC
@AcleUnitedFC

29m
With a lengthy journey, earlier k/o time and Saturday morning work commitments, coupled with a reluctance from King's Lynn Town Res to agree to play midweek, we have sadly decided to withdraw from the Norfolk Senior Cup.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Norfolk Senior Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 03:05:58 PM »
This year the NSC fixtures are probably more significant than the NL ones now. Could the club have the first team play the remaining rounds?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »
10(a) Norfolk Senior Cup
A  player  shall  be  eligible  to  play  for  his Club  in  the  above  mentioned Competition provided that he has not started in 10 or more matches for a team that competes at Step 3 or above of the National League System.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 09:43:28 PM »
Donít blame Lynn for refusing to go midweek.  Just adds cost with floodlighting.  Losing enough with no fans in.  So why add even more  costs.  Surprised we even entered the competition.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »
Kings Lynn Town Academy
@KLTownFCAcademy
The club offered you two different kick off times either side of the original time that had to be moved from 2:30pm (FA ruling) and you refused both of those.

Our U21s are gutted you withdrew as they were very keen to get the game on with you guys @ The Walks.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »
10(a) Norfolk Senior Cup
A  player  shall  be  eligible  to  play  for  his Club  in  the  above  mentioned Competition provided that he has not started in 10 or more matches for a team that competes at Step 3 or above of the National League System.

Given all the chopping and changing means that half the first team must be eligible.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 11:26:50 AM »
I personally feel pretty safe in saying that none of the first team will be going anywhere near the Norfolk Senior Cup

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 12:53:34 PM »
Maybe KES could get a run out in prep for his first team debut?  How did the beep test go KES, level 12/13 ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »
Yes Mall, gutted the Diss game was called off, after all the hard yards I've put in recently........feel it's my time.......though I have to say the wind is a real nipster at the moment..... don't remember it feeling so cold, last time I was on a pitch, some 30 years ago.... however,would just like to make it clear, that at the first sign of the club looking to furlough me...I'm off. :laughcry:

Btw do hope you'll get the better of the hammy and the thigh strain I think it was, before the season end Mall.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 03:41:18 PM »
Me also KES, need to test it throughly I donít want to tweak it  and break down after 5 mins.  Iíd hope to do 7/8 mins.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
So 88th minute sub  and hope there is no more than 4/5 minutes added time.........good chance for a cameo performance...... personally....I thought I'd just wing it.......stay wide and close to the opposition full back, giving the impression of being man marked and then steal into the box for the last couple of minutes of each half

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »
Staying out wide waiting for those overhit crosses to drop at your feet hey.  No team should be without that type of player.    I was thinking the Rob Hughes role would suit me just get there that spilt second to late to make a tackle then act all disappointed

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Does Narcissism make you appear smarter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
Staying out wide waiting for those overhit crosses to drop at your feet hey.  No team should be without that type of player.    I was thinking the Rob Hughes role would suit me just get there that spilt second to late to make a tackle then act all disappointed
.........and for the headers!    :laughcry:
If Judas took 30 pieces of silver, would he donate it to a football club?

Angle of the North

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 12:34:10 PM »
At home to Mulbarton or Swaffham in the next round.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal