Author Topic: Halifax v Kings Lynn.  (Read 1045 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Halifax v Kings Lynn.
« on: April 18, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
Well its a pity we cant defend, because going forward yesterday some of our play was top drawer, if only.....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax v Kings Lynn.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:32:19 PM »
Well its a pity we cant defend, because going forward yesterday some of our play was top drawer, if only.....

I didnít see the game yesterday but speaking to someone that did, they said exactly the same.
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »
I was reading an article in the EDP a few days ago where IC said he felt he lost his way a bit with tactics, earlier in the season, before getting his mojo back and returning to his core beliefs and style of play. Given that, Lynn are likely to be more open at the back than some... it's just trying to limit that as far as possible, while still being a passing and attacking side. My own personal belief is that they need to find another commanding experienced centre half to partner Kyle and a dedicated, tall defensive midfielder, who can also pick a pass, to help clear the crosses and mark tightly in the box, perhaps alongside Richards which then allows the attacking options of Carey, King, Kiwomya/Gyasi in midfield to do their thing. Some of the play yesterday going forward was sublime ...... and a lovely finish from Gash from a great cross by Denton.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 03:23:05 PM »
For me, that was as close as we have looked all season to the style that proved so successful over the previous two years, we kept the ball well, players we keen to show for the ball and we looked to pass the ball forward and create opportunities.  Yes, the defensive failties were still there but at least we had a better shape and some attacking intent as a team.  Shame the mistake for their fourth which effectively killed the game came from Coleman as he has been excellent since his arrival.

Hopefully IC liked (some of) what he saw, particularly after his recent comments to the press about losing his way, personally I think this was pre-season not mid-season but whenever it was hopefully yesterday gave an indication that we can be successful playing 'our way' but we just need to recruit the right players to make it work.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 03:26:19 PM »
Couldn't watch game yesterday but thought the young  lad Coleman had started look decent holding midfielder. Did Richardson have decent game yesterday.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »
We looked good on the ball going forward but Halifax found it way to easy to get onto our back line.   Hopefully people will appreciate what the likes of Ryan Jarvis brings to the party.

For IC since it was confirmed there was no relegation, then he is on a free hit and a fact finding mission from then to the end of season.  This period will give him a massive insight into what is required at this level.  A coach with his experience and knowledge will take it all in and use it all to his advantage come the start of next season.

Think we will see big changes during the summer and will have a team that will be able to compete at this level.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 07:49:47 PM »
In common with comments so far, attacking we looked good and we played some nice football. Definitely lightweight in defence as Halifax pressed. Overall I thought that we have the makings of a good National League side if we can finance it. Mind you, I only played in the Lynn leagues on the Fens so what do I know. !

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 12:43:51 PM »
We looked good on the ball going forward but Halifax found it way to easy to get onto our back line.   Hopefully people will appreciate what the likes of Ryan Jarvis brings to the party.

For IC since it was confirmed there was no relegation, then he is on a free hit and a fact finding mission from then to the end of season.  This period will give him a massive insight into what is required at this level.  A coach with his experience and knowledge will take it all in and use it all to his advantage come the start of next season.

Think we will see big changes during the summer and will have a team that will be able to compete at this level.

Every game is a Scouting opportunity to make notes on players who may become available as teams chop and change on Promotion and Relegation (from EFL 2).
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 01:11:11 PM »
I'm really pleased with the words I'm hearing from the other teams managers ref our style of play. OK, were shipping goals in and maybe missing the fox-in-the-box striker. But..... lets look at the furloughed players we have added to the part-time status of the team. A couple of signings to shore up midfield coupled with a shift to full-time and I think we would have a side that wouldn't disgrace its self at all next season. COYL

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »
A little of topic but I wonder if FBT could be tempted back ?   Not had a look in at London Road this season in EFL 1 how much of a part of things will he be at Posh in the Championship ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal