Author Topic: Lynn v Dagenham/Redbridge  (Read 1091 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Lynn v Dagenham/Redbridge
« on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:06 AM »
If anyone is interested we have a game today. If we play like we did at Aldershot than I can see a welcome 3 points. Pay for the stream, what's £12 nowadays.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Assume nothing, question everything.
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn v Dagenham/Redbridge
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »
If anyone is interested we have a game today. If we play like we did at Aldershot than I can see a welcome 3 points. Pay for the stream, what's £12 nowadays.

From the home page yesterday. Details of both first team and under 21's:

King's Lynn Town v Dagenham & Redbridge

Football returns to The Walks on Saturday when Dagenham & Redbridge make their first competitive visit. Dagenham have recorded wins on their last two outings, the best winning run they have recorded so far this season and currently sit 14th in the table.
Lynn went two up against the Daggers when the teams met in January thanks to goals from Michael Gash and Alex Kiwomya but the home side fought back to level matters and then steal the points with a 90th minute goal.
The Daggers weren't in action in midweek, their last outing being a 3-2 home win over Solihull Moors. Angelo Balanta scored from the penalty spot to make him leading scorer with Paul McCallum - both on eight league goals.
For Lynn manager Ian Culverhouse it is a chance to renew acquaintance with Daggers manager Daryl McMahon, the Lynn boss being assistant manager at Leyton Orient when McMahon joined as a player.

Live commentary: BBC Radio Norfolk (online only)

Streaming details (£12.00): https://streaming.insightfour.com/stream/L1NodmR3

In the Norfolk Senior Cup, King's Lynn Town U21 team travel to Mulberry Park, Mulbarton to take on fellow Thurlow Nunn League First Division North side Mulbarton Wanderers (14.30) with the winners due to take on either Norwich CBS or Fakenham Town in the Quarter Final scheduled for Wednesday.
Amongst the Mulbarton squad is former Linnet Danny Beaumont who made 99 appearances in the 2011-13 season
"We're going to need a bigger boat".

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:02:08 PM »
Poor result today against an average side.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 05:18:18 PM »
Near on, total rebuild needed for next season. Can't go into next season with the majority of this team. IC must be so frustrated with this lot, he was a defender and knows what it takes to do the job. Hopefully funds can be made available to bring in players who can cope.The players who we have, have done us proud through the Southern league and NLN, but have now reached their limit. We need to step up to compete with the big boys, and to compete with them, we need big boys of our own. Carey, King and A N other for next season. Please no more Grant Holts or lookalikes, let's get professional like our chairman and manager.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 11:02:07 PM »
I appreciate that everyone is doing their best but today's stream left something to be desired.
No sound until a while after the minute's applause and the late arrival of the "commentary" team after half time.
One goal we didn't even see properly.
The "commentary" more off topic than on and certainly of little interest to opposition fans,
Aldershot showed how it could be done on Tuesday but I guess it is a matter of people volunteering and having the time and skills to do it.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 09:18:51 AM »
I appreciate that everyone is doing their best but today's stream left something to be desired.
No sound until a while after the minute's applause and the late arrival of the "commentary" team after half time.
One goal we didn't even see properly.
The "commentary" more off topic than on and certainly of little interest to opposition fans,
Aldershot showed how it could be done on Tuesday but I guess it is a matter of people volunteering and having the time and skills to do it.

I was disappointed with the Stream yesterday. Flitting between cameras and zooming in to the player with the ball when we really needed to see the bigger picture of where other players were. Focus on action on far side was often blurred and, due to trying too close up shots, the cameras were jinking side to side trying to keep the ball in shot. A wider view would allow a smoother flow.

I do of course realise that the camera operators are not full time professionals - please accept my remarks and observations as constructive criticism.

At one point at the start of the 2nd half I thought someone was banging on the walls of the ground - but no, it was the Discussion Team (aka: the Commentary Team) returning late and charging up the stairs to their vantage point like a herd of elephants.

I have to agree with Nemesis that "A Little Less Conversation, a Little More Action Please" would not come amiss, albeit some snippets and updates from behind the scenes is welcome.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Attack is the Best Form of Defence. (It works for the Military which is also a Team.)

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
At one time during the "commentary" it seemed that even Stephen Cleeve wasn't sure which players had been furloughed.
Communication could be improved,  are we to assume that  Smith and Richards will not be seen any more this season? Both last seen on 5th April and is the loan of Mair over or does he have some long lasting injury? Have we broken Jak Hickman?
Perhaps it was in a podcast which I've missed.

Oh, and any chance of having the time on the screen please?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »
Don’t think there has been a Podcast for nearly a month.  They seem very irregular now.  I for one have given up on them.  Started off as a really good idea but then been allowed to drift.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal