Author Topic: V Boreham Wood  (Read 4032 times)

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: V Boreham Wood
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 08:56:24 PM »

You only have to look at Old Trafford and the Glaciers to see when it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong.

:freezing:  :rain:  :glum:

:laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: V Boreham Wood
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »

You only have to look at Old Trafford and the Glaciers to see when it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong.

:freezing:  :rain:  :glum:

:laughcry:

As Mallard says, when it goes wrong.........

The Sun today:

The Sun claims the fan protests 'hit home' with the Glazers, who are now eager to build bridges between themselves and the supporters.

The Glazers are yet to comment publicly on the protests, but co-owner Joel refused to apologise to fans when asked by Sky News on Tuesday.

And according to The Sun, the Glazers aren't willing to consider selling, but instead want to buy Harry Kane from Tottenham in a £90million deal in a desperate attempt to please the fanbase.

United fans remain furious with the Glazer family, and it seems likely there will be more protests at games in the future.

They wrote an open letter to the Glazer family earlier this week and vowed to boycott all club sponsors.

The open letter read:

Sixteen years ago Manchester United Football Club was debt-free. Today since the leveraged buy-out by the Glazer family £1.5bn has been removed from the club through dividend payments and share sales, with £840m of that servicing debt.

As commercial partners of the Glazer family you are legitimate targets of the global fanbase because the combined £279m per annum you pay will not go towards investment in the squad to compete with the best clubs that United now trail.

It will not go towards refurbishing Old Trafford or training facilities, both now so outdated that they have become a symbol for Glazer disinterest.

Your sponsorship money will be used for debt servicing and dividends. Supporting the Glazers does not support the club. It sustains a parasitical relationship.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal