Author Topic: Season end.  (Read 2950 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Season end.
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:15:39 PM »
So as the season comes to a close what do we think our illustrious Guvnor will do with ticket prices for next season? Will the prices remain the same,or go up/down? Will we see a better deal for season tickets,and maybe transferable?Have to take into account that even though we have been starved of our live games will people rush back? Many people may have got out of the habit and need tempting back? Thoughts people? :dontknow:

Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Ap

• View Profile
Re: Season end.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:05 PM »
From Mr Cleeve's weekly column in last Saturday's EDP:

"we have decided to freeze all prices other than add £1 to the price of adults and concessions tickets on a match day. This £1 is a donation that will be ring-fenced and will go towards repaying the debt incurred this season in government loans."

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/stephen-cleeve-on-kings-lynn-town-7938868

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:18 AM »

"we have decided to freeze all prices other than add £1 to the price of adults and concessions tickets on a match day. This £1 is a donation that will be ring-fenced and will go towards repaying the debt incurred this season in government loans."

So, is the £1 "donation" a voluntary payment on the day?   

Only asking as I believe a donation wouldn't incur VAT whereas a price increase would.

If its not a true donation and is a compulsory payment, then I would think its just a normal price increase (meaning that prices are not "frozen") and would be treated by HMRC as such.

Would visiting supporters be willing to pay a donation to another Club?

It's a good idea to ring fence the £1, and put it towards reducing the debt, irrespective if its an increase or a donation.

:dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
Certainly won't be buying season tickets anymore got caught with 2 this season .

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 11:01:57 AM »
From HMRC guide “ To be free of VAT, a donation in addition to an admission charge must be genuinely voluntary, and advertised as such. ”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:47:50 PM »
From HMRC guide “ To be free of VAT, a donation in addition to an admission charge must be genuinely voluntary, and advertised as such. ”

Thanks North. I did think it was something along those lines.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 04:33:54 PM »
I think we should stay part time for another season, before players had to be furlough a d we were hit with injuries, we looked like we could compete, I'm not saying we would have made the play offs but we need to get the fans back on board, if we can average 1800 at this seasons prices that's not a bad income, let's see were we are in 12 months.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »

At the end of the day it is a price increase!
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
SC must have done his sums and knows what he he needs through the gate to give IC a workable budget to keep Lynn at this level.  He of course has to factor in servicing a loan which got the Club to the end of this season and into next. 1800
( as Mac suggests) x 23 games at £1 will give over 40k toward the Loan taken out by the owner. 

If SC has got his sums right then next season should be something to look forward to.  If he has got them wrong....hmmmm. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 09:08:19 PM »
To be honest Mal I don't know how anyone can do any reasonable sums right now re squads....no one quite knows what the going rate for a player will be . 

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:48 PM »
Players on a supply and demand basis should be less demanding.   The budget I guess would need to be set based on income which in turn must be difficult to judge after everything that has happened in the 14 months.    Will fans still return in even greater numbers than before?  Have people got use to doing other things of a Saturday afternoon?

Hopefully SC is erring on the side of caution.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »
For what its worth i cannot wait to go to the walks and watch Lynn play. Even if the price is a little steep for NL football, its still a good day out and every little helps the club.
I love my hometown  :scarf:  :scarf:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal