Author Topic: Reserves  (Read 1721 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 08:20:00 AM »
Bourne to Yarmouth could be a decent trip.   They won’t want to put that fixture into Aug/Sept

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2021, 10:16:14 AM »
Bourne to Yarmouth could be a decent trip.   They won’t want to put that fixture into Aug/Sept

Worthy of an overnight stay!

:laughcry:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2021, 11:35:28 AM »
Have you been there lately ?  :nilpoints:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2021, 11:46:40 AM »
Have you been there lately ?  :nilpoints:

Unfortunately, yes.

Half an hour was enough.   

Wisbech with a beach!

:laughcry:
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »
Bourne to Ipswich. What an horrendous journey.

Ipswich Wanderers moved to the Southern Division at their request

Evidently there was too much wandering for the Wanderers!

Nikki

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 07:32:56 PM »
I see King's Lynn Town Reserves are listed as being in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North for next season.
I thought I heard somewhere we were going to have an Under 23 team that played in the Norfolk Senior Cup and friendlies against the Academy teams of league clubs and not in the Thurlow Nunn.
Under 23's need a ground that's graded to at least grade 6. They won't need that if they just play against other Academy sides.
I think that decision may be made once they know exactly what facilities they have access to.I've been told that Backie and Joe are working hard behind the scenes on this and that a bullet had to be bitten before a meeting took place with KLCF. Maybe KLCF have some facilities the Club would like access to such as more access to Lynnsport as an example.
Backie and Joe would know more than most that KLCF have the ability, coaches, facilities and experience to make an Academy work. It would make sense if differences were put aside and they could work together for the common good. At least the two sides are now talking and discussing things.
I have no idea if the Club Chairman is on board with the idea of having closer ties so anything could happen with U23's!
I'm guessing on this one but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chairman would prefer that the under 23's don't enter a league with the cost being a factor, but the likes of Backie and Joe and other people involved with under 23's  would prefer them to play in the league.
My life, my lifestyle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal