Author Topic: King's Lynn Town Ladies  (Read 3934 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
King's Lynn Town Ladies
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »
Another great step forward by the club.

LINNETS LINK UP WITH LADIES
Posted on 21st April 2016
Lynn ladies are now going to come under the banner of King’s Lynn Town Football Club going into the 2016-2017 season, it is still undecided if the ladies will have to reform and drop down the leagues of the Norfolk Women and Girls Football League or stay in the current division that the occupy.

They hope to play all of their home league games at Lynnsport on the 3G surface but will host Norfolk County Cup matches at the Walks stadium.

The team will be managed by Matt Newman and Louise Coggles will continue to assist with the coaching of the team. Matt said “I see a real good bunch of ladies footballers that need a bit of guidance to improve, I believe with the right coaching and backing from King’s Lynn Town the ladies team could be very successful in the coming season and indeed the future.”

Linnets Reserve manager Robbie Back who has leased with the current ladies them to get them under the King’s Lynn banner is a yet another step in the right direction for the football club, Also with the new link with the King’s Lynn Elite and the new under 16 team it’s important that the club continues to keep making steps into the community and for us to now have a woman’s team gives us more improvements in the structure of the club and the way we want to progress into the future.

First team manager Gary Setchell who was also involved in getting the ladies on board says, “The buzz that the England ladies team is creating after their exploits in the World Cup has seen an increase in women and girls wanting to play the game so it makes sense for us to get involved and have a women’s and girls team, This is something which isn’t going to make the football club any money, It’s all about us linking up more with the community of King’s Lynn it can only bare fruits.”

The Ladies will also wear the colours of King’s Lynn Town Football club, The newly formed team will be holding open trials on Saturday 7th May starting at 12:30, The lowest age you can be to trial out is 16 years of age. Anybody interested can trial on the day or make contact with manager Matt Newman on 07487865738 or via email to robbie.back@kltown.co.uk.

Exciting times

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town Ladies
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 11:44:42 AM »
Could be a good time for Rob Hughes to return.  :laughcry:

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »
Another positive point of engagement between the club and local community.

Once again, well done to all involved.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
Agree with that but at the risk of being labled sexist it does not appeal to me as a spectator sport

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »
Have to say I think it's great news for the club
Ladies football is thriving down here in Herts and the standard is improving all the time.
Having been to nailed in youth football for 20 odd years it's great to see more girls wanting to play the game and have to say the boys could learn a lot from the Girls in terms of sportsmanship and the spirit in which the game is played.
I get it that not all will get a buzz from watching girls football but trust me the players do as do their family and friends
Good luck with it I say and hope all goes well :scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »
Heartily agree with that. Re participation, the more the merrier.  Fresh air, exercise and comradeship -  just what the doctor ordered!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »
Think the tie up with the ladies is financial,as I believe that to obtain lottery/FA funding you must tick all the boxes with regard to youth and ladies representation.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »
Maybe a return for Jepson?   :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »
The Lynn ladies team approached us about coming under the banner, but its something myself and setch did talk about afew months ago, as setch said in the press release its a not purely a finacial move but with the newly formed under 18s and now the under 16s we now have a better structure within the club. I am also trying to get the club standard charter with the Fa which will help with lots of things within the club like ;
Well-organised, safe and offers opportunities for all
We have FA-qualified coaches as standard
Adheres to FA Respect Policies and Codes of Conduct
Prioritises Child Welfare with our youth teams
Maintains appropriate levels of discipline within the club
We will access to the County FA and FA regional workforces
Can use the coveted ‘Three Lions’ FA crest on its marketing and business materials.
This will of course give us better chance of getting lottery and football grants which can only benefit the football club.

Backie

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
The Lynn ladies team approached us about coming under the banner, but its something myself and setch did talk about afew months ago, as setch said in the press release its a not purely a finacial move but with the newly formed under 18s and now the under 16s we now have a better structure within the club. I am also trying to get the club standard charter with the Fa which will help with lots of things within the club like ;
Well-organised, safe and offers opportunities for all
We have FA-qualified coaches as standard
Adheres to FA Respect Policies and Codes of Conduct
Prioritises Child Welfare with our youth teams
Maintains appropriate levels of discipline within the club
We will access to the County FA and FA regional workforces
Can use the coveted ‘Three Lions’ FA crest on its marketing and business materials.
This will of course give us better chance of getting lottery and football grants which can only benefit the football club.

Backie

Backie, I may be wrong on this one and stand to corrected, but my understanding is that Lottery money is not available to Limited Company's.

As said, I could be wrong but that's what I have been told previously.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!