Author Topic: Retained and Departed Players  (Read 9190 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Retained and Departed Players
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »
 :oldman" :farmer:  Nice to see GASHY has found a nice local club close to his home . I feel he is better than the level he is going to be playing at , but he has been there, done it and collected the medals too prove it. Peterborough North Stars gain in a big way.  Good luck GASHY and thanks for the memories, you will always be welcome at KLTFC and hopefully we will get to see you again soon. :oldman" :farmer:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
Yes, Good luck to MG at PNS, and thanks for the good times.  Here is a chance now for our team to join the modern game, a game that the most successful teams often have no Centre Forward, particularly not a Big One, and especially like the old days, a Big One with No Teeth !  Fluidity is now the benchmark, as we saw too often from opponents in the season just finished.  The former Striker method was OK in FA Cup ties on horrendously muddy pitches.  The approaching In/Out flux of players should be very interesting.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »
Sorry lads Gashy has gone to Peterborough Sports not Peterborough Northern Star
He will be playing in Southern League Premier League Central not UCL so at Step 3 Non League

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 03:01:21 PM »
Chris Smith leaves, contract terminated by mutual consent.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 05:41:31 PM »
Disappointed Chris Smith has gone.  But changing times.  I thought he was a good player, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2021, 07:40:08 PM »
Somewhere where he can complete his BEng (Hons) degree to Loughborough University.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

KES80

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »
Def improved while with the Linnets, but IMHO, not quite quick enough or tall enough for what we need at centre half

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 08:59:35 PM »
Chris Smith did a decent enough job for us at NLN.  Thought last season he was a little light weight and could be bullied by strikers at NL.  Was prone to the odd Fau Paux when overplaying.

Wish the lad well.  He was a big part of getting the Club promoted to step 1. 

I guess now June is here we will see some action in the transfer front with Clubs starting to put squads together etc.

Exciting times
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 09:06:39 PM »
No offence to MG or RJ, but I think we should not try to replace them with like for like.  Their leaving gives us an opportunity fora quicker, more fluent team, to cope better with the quick and slippery players that this league has in abundance.  It was them who caused our numerous defeats, in general.  We all favour different styles, but all I hope to see this season is opponents trying to keep us at bay, rather than the other way round !

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
Dilly, that big one with no teeth.  I think I saw her sitting at the bar down the pub tonight.  She asked to be remembered to you.  She had ‘Love’ tattooed on the knuckles of one hand  with ‘HAT’ tattled on the knuckles of the other.  She was missing a finger.  :cheers:
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 09:38:33 PM »
...oh the old hat trick !

KES80

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 09:39:38 PM »
Dilly, me old mucker, we already have Coleman for RJ

KES80

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 11:19:12 AM »
Morning all, and thanks to KES and Mall for the info about the person sitting at the bar.  She sounds like exactly the Centre-half you’re looking for.  If not, perhaps she has a brother of the same ilk - maybe a Spitfire tattooed on his forehead !…. I take the point that Coleman replaces RJ, but I must admit, I didn’t really notice him on the streaming last season.  I hope he’s quicker than Jarv.  My main concern at the mo is all these friendlies lined up, good ones for a change, but at the moment we have the same team that struggled so much last season.  Not long to go, and new signings essential, but time is moving on at a pace.  Any knowledge out there that I don’t have ?

KES80

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
Signings imminent according to the end of the piece above (all presumably with " 'ARD " tattooed on their foreheads Dilly :laughcry:)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal