Author Topic: AGM of the fiends of the linnets  (Read 17129 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: AGM of the fiends of the linnets
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2021, 05:29:53 PM »
Mall, merely changing a name would have very little effect on the organisation if that was the only thing to change.  As it turned out last night the name wasn't changed although it maybe worth noting that the full name of the organisation per their existing constitution is "The Friends of the Linnets - the official supporters club of King's Lynn Town F.C.", which it has to be said is a bit of a mouthful so I will be sticking with FotL!

Not a great turnout but membership had declined last season with many memberships lapsing as fans were unable / unwilling to go to the Walks.  Malcolm was appointed chair and there was a bit of change across the committee as a whole but hopefully one of the things that was clear from the room was that there needs to be more communication to both members and non-members as to the FotL's activities, which in turn, will hopefully will lead to a larger, more engaged membership.  Just to start banging the drum in that respect - all memberships ceased as of last night so now is the chance for everyone to sign up for 2021-22

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »
Cheers Tony that about sums it up I wish we had seen the full title of the fiends ie Surporters club  it would have saved a lot of time but I will in the future be using its Full title of The fiends of the linnets Surporters club with the hope that will satisfy everyone

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »
Cheers Tony that about sums it up I wish we had seen the full title of the fiends ie Surporters club  it would have saved a lot of time but I will in the future be using its Full title of The fiends of the linnets Surporters club with the hope that will satisfy everyone

So, is the plan to make the FOTL an Independent supporters club?
If I ever get outta here I've thought of giving it all away,
to a registered charity, as all I need is a pint a day, if I ever get outta here.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »
It has always been independent there will no change

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2021, 06:33:44 PM »
It has always been independent there will no change

Has it? Well I never knew that!  :dontknow:

You need to hit that point hard as I'm sure you will get more members if they know its not run by the Club, and the committee reports to its members and not the Chairman.

As it turned out last night the name wasn't changed although it maybe worth noting that the full name of the organisation per their existing constitution is "The Friends of the Linnets - the official supporters club of King's Lynn Town F.C.".

If its Independent, should it not have that discription in its name?

i.e."The Friends of the Linnets-the official Independent supporters club of Kings Lynn Town FC".

Just wondering.  :dontknow:
to a registered charity, as all I need is a pint a day, if I ever get outta here.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
What is actually wrong with the FOTL, and who are the people you deem need satisfying with the name that is acceptable ?

You know the saying Malcolm you canít please all of the people all of the time.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what itís all about ?

KES80

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
I personally would leave the name as is.
You can stress the Independence if you wish.
Good I would have thought to run alongside the football club and keep things relatively harmonious all round, rather than making too much noise and implying too much distance to the point of casting adrift.....just my view

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2021, 08:33:55 PM »
I think you have kick this around enough it time to put it to bed and move on to another subject

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
Itís a positive sign Malcolm that there is so much interest in it.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2021, 08:45:57 PM »
Mallard hope some people on here will join the club itís only £5. Per year so except a flood of applications then again I wonít hold my breath

KES80

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2021, 08:51:42 PM »
Malcolm, please list for me the main aims of FOTL..from your perspective as Chair....top 3/4 will do     cheers

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2021, 08:59:13 PM »
If you join the club you will get the full run down of what we want to improve I will except your £5 how do you want to pay it

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2021, 09:00:16 PM »
Can I get a form to join please Malcolm ?  Plus have all the committee members positions been filled ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2021, 09:03:36 PM »
You sure can mallard I think you can down load it on the website if not I will make sure you can

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2021, 09:04:15 PM »
Itís a positive sign Malcolm that there is so much interest in it.

I agree with him Malcolm.

You have certainly generated more interest in the fotl the official independent supporters club of Kings Lynn Town FC, than the people before you.  I'm sure you will get lots of people rejoining, or joining for the first time, now they know the people running it are interested in driving it forward.

Keep up the good work, be transparent,  and keep the information flowing.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal