Author Topic: AGM of the fiends of the linnets  (Read 16748 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
AGM of the fiends of the linnets
« on: June 12, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »
There will be AGM of the friends of the linnets on July the 1st at the Kings Lynn football ground beginning At 7 o’clock due to unforeseen circumstances the meeting will be Chaired by Malcolm Hill , we have some very important decisions to make on moving forward

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: AGM of the fiends of the linnets
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 09:02:57 AM »
Congratulation Malcolm.  I hope you enjoy your new role and make a success of it. 

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 09:40:49 AM »
Seems like a good guy, so I am sure he will. :clap: :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
Well done Malcolm. Go for it!

:scarf:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »
 :bus: Cheers Mallard I sure will give it my best

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 12:42:28 PM »
What are the important decisions to be taken Malcolm ? if it’s lack of bodies  maybe you could rally some support on here.   Seems plenty on here who would like to offer their services, I’m sure.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
Yes we need people on the committee who are forward thinking and to increase the membership but in my opinion the biggest thing that would increase the membership would be to change the name from Friends of the Linnets to Kings Lynn FC Supporters Club and be more transparent to the members. So there’s my thoughts on what needs to happen.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »
Yes we need people on the committee who are forward thinking and to increase the membership but in my opinion the biggest thing that would increase the membership would be to change the name from Friends of the Linnets to Kings Lynn FC Supporters Club and be more transparent to the members. So there’s my thoughts on what needs to happen.

Thanks for the info Malcolm. Best of luck with all of it.

It will be a massive change if you call it a Supporters club. If you haven't already done so, can I suggest that you read up on the legal obligations that the Officials of the  Supporters Club would have. I think I understand where you are coming from with this but the main thing that I can see that would have to change is the kind of relationship the newly formed Supporters Club would need to have with the Club, when compared to the relationship the FOTL currently has.

Transparency is always important. In most things, not being transparent usually means there's something to hide.

:scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 02:30:47 PM »

Malcolm, who's on the Committee at the moment?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 04:48:37 PM »
At the last committee meeting only four people where there I have never seen a full committee in full attendance far from it

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »
How many were on the full Committee Malcolm ? Including those who didn’t attend.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 06:45:50 PM »
At the last committee meeting only four people where there I have never seen a full committee in full attendance far from it

I had heard it was light on numbers. Who are actually involved with running it (i.e. on the committee) at this moment in time?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 07:34:47 PM »
Here’s hoping with Malcolm at the helm it will get a much needed shot in the arm to revive the interest and raise much needed funds to help the Club.

Be interesting to hear Malcolm’s ideas etc once the AGM has been held.  Having a full committed person like him will rub off on many others.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »

Malcolm, who's on the Committee at the moment?

I had heard it was light on numbers. Who are actually involved with running it (i.e. on the committee) at this moment in time?

:dontknow:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 07:29:34 PM »
There will be AGM of the friends of the linnets on July the 1st at the Kings Lynn football ground beginning At 7 o’clock due to unforeseen circumstances the meeting will be Chaired by Malcolm Hill , we have some very important decisions to make on moving forward

Malcolm, I assume members will be contacted concerning the AGM at some point, rather than relying on people reading a forum?  Is there an agenda and accounts going out to members beforehand?  Also are you actively looking for new committee members and are there any specific positions that are vacant / you are looking to fill?  Given that you are going to be chairing the AGM, can we take it that you are putting yourself forward as potential chairperson of FotL or whatever this new organisation might or might not be? 

Apologies for what seems like a lot of questions but given how little information comes out of the FotL to the members and then post on a forum that raises more questions than answers is hardly any basis to hold a vote on what may end up being substantial changes to the constitution (is there anything in the current constitution about the required notice period for proposed changes to be circulated to the membership?)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal