Author Topic: AGM of the fiends of the linnets  (Read 7162 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Those that stand for nothing, fall for anything.
    • View Profile
Re: AGM of the fiends of the linnets
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2021, 08:09:43 AM »
So Malcolm, who are the outgoing committee members, the ones not seeking re-election?
.....when the teeth are ok, but the gums gotta go.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
Whatís gone so badly wrong with FOTL ?  I always thought they were a tight group.  Giving £000ís they had raised to the owner.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »
Well good luck to Malcolm in getting some good people on board and getting the thing moving in the right direction again :cup2: :scarf: :cheers:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »
How about yourself KES.? I would offer but Iím too far away these days.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2021, 04:30:29 PM »
How about yourself KES.? I would offer but Iím too far away these days.

Maybe you could offer a remote service.   :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »
I have considered it Mall over last 24 hrs and something I probably should have got involved in while Lynn based. I currently on a normal non Covid situation only get to Lynn about once every 6-8 weeks to see my parents and sometimes take in a match. Most of time I am flitting between Norwich and North Walsham ( home, work and in-law care), so don't think it would work... however as and when circumstances change and there are less demands on my time, I will seriously consider it again

Nikki

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2021, 05:23:45 PM »
I think your heart is in the right place and that you want to help the club Mr Hill but are you really  sure about taking this on.It will really be a lot of work and hassle and I know you are not a young man.In the nicest possible way I have to ask if you have thought it all the way through and if you are sure you are capable of doing the job that needs doing.Reading all the posts again you have said two things.One was that it needs to be more transparent but you have been asked a question half a dozen times but won't answer it.That's not a very good start when you have suggested more transprancey is needed.The other thing you said was there needs to be lots of changes but when pressed with what needs to change all you could come up with as an idea is to change the friends name.And it should be Friends of the Linnets not Fiends of the Linnets or is that a Freudian slip?
My life, my lifestyle.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2021, 05:58:33 PM »
In fairness Matt Hancock has been asked loads of questions,without giving any answers over the last 15 months.   Not until this week has he come unstuck.  So maybe Malcolm is just toeing the party line.

KES. Understand your situation. All we can do is support Malcolm with any fund raiser he brings to the forum.   Not ideal but distance is always an issue. 

If Malcolm wants any fund raising ideas.  Iím sure plenty can offer these on here. I did last season which would have raised a few £K, but they got ignored.   Maybe if they come from Malcolm they will be more favourably received.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »
Will lapsed members be allowed to attend the AGM? Many people who have an interest may have let their membership slide due to the current situation, this could be an ideal opportunity to renew their membership? Could always keep the bar open after the official meeting to allow non members the chance to join, maybe a bit of an open evening,a few football cards or something? Every little helps.
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »
Will lapsed members be allowed to attend the AGM? Many people who have an interest may have let their membership slide due to the current situation, this could be an ideal opportunity to renew their membership? Could always keep the bar open after the official meeting to allow non members the chance to join, maybe a bit of an open evening,a few football cards or something? Every little helps.

Good idea Griss. They could also use it as an opportunity to bring along any used and unwanted second hand furniture that the Club has been appealing for.

An all encompassing social event.........with benefits!

:scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2021, 06:34:57 PM »
Why are the Club after 2nd hand furniture?   SC auditioning for a Lovejoy remake ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
I have some loovrey doors going and know a man (and a three wheeled )van if that's any use !

Maybe the next podcast is on property and furniture renovation ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2021, 08:25:45 PM »
Iíve got some lawn mower engines.  They ainít ordinary lawn mower engines, they are broken lawn mower engines.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2021, 08:47:58 PM »
 :laughcry:

The best sort in my book...those and broken strimmers.....

can't beat the gentle purr of a Qualcast pushee

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »
Why are the Club after 2nd hand furniture?   SC auditioning for a Lovejoy remake ?

Must be involved in something pretty heavy at the mo, as he hasn't posted on Twitter for yonks......
Can imagine loads to do to pay for going full time.........maybe a TV documentary would be a money spinner...bit like Bangers and Cash, but for non league football rather than classic motors.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal