Author Topic: AGM of the fiends of the linnets  (Read 16745 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: AGM of the fiends of the linnets
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
Why are the Club after 2nd hand furniture?   SC auditioning for a Lovejoy remake ?

Must be involved in something pretty heavy at the mo, as he hasn't posted on Twitter for yonks......
Can imagine loads to do to pay for going full time.........maybe a TV documentary would be a money spinner...bit like Bangers and Cash, but for non league football rather than classic motors.

:laughcry:

Funny you should say that, as someone I was talking to at Heacham mentioned that when Sky and BT camera's are here, they would share in that exposure.  :dontknow:

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
B&G has a said before every position is open to be voted on to the committee the AGM so no one has asked to be realected  at this time and like I said the Slate will wipe clean which you didn’t seem to get the point off it

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »
Niki could you tell me your real name so I can tell you face to face that I might be old but I assure you I am  up to this challange

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
B&G has a said before every position is open to be voted on to the committee the AGM so no one has asked to be realected  at this time and like I said the Slate will wipe clean which you didn’t seem to get the point off it

From Clubs site:

4, The election and re election of 3 officers and 9 committee members.

Malcolm. Why won't you answer the simple question that has been put to you?

Please, who are the EXISTING committee members? What is it about that question that you don't understand, or are not prepared to answer?

Yes, we get the point about all positions being open, but that is not the question.   :dontknow:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2021, 12:58:37 PM »
Will lapsed members be allowed to attend the AGM? Many people who have an interest may have let their membership slide due to the current situation, this could be an ideal opportunity to renew their membership? Could always keep the bar open after the official meeting to allow non members the chance to join, maybe a bit of an open evening,a few football cards or something? Every little helps.

Business as usual by the look of it. From the Clubs website:

"..................the meeting will be for existing FOTL members ONLY" (fair enough, there's a limit of 30 people due to Covid restrictions).

Club's site also says that 3 people will be seeking re-election. Would it not be in the interest of the supporters and potential new members of the FOTL if it was disclosed who they are? I would think that prospective new members would appreciate knowing who was going to be representing them, especially if the FOTL becomes a Supporters Club.

Is it a secret and not for public to know?

New start and the slate wiped clean and start again? I haven't seen anything that convinces me that's the case so far. Seems to be a  case of "as you were"  :dontknow:

Not ideal that potential new members are unable to attend but with COVID restrictions it is understandable - I do wonder how many renewed their membership remotely for 2020-21 vs how many lapsed for last year

As for the committee - it is just a poorly worded press release, there are three 'officers' to be elected (which I guess in MAH's case it would then be a re-election) and a maximum further 9 committee members, although it remains to be seen if there are eleven others who are willing to step forward and help Mr Hill in his quest to wipe slates clean

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2021, 12:59:16 PM »
Griss you need to ring Barry Fysh on 01553 673180 and renew your membership anyone who hasn’t got a e mail you can text me on 07962532917 if you wish to attend the AGM

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2021, 01:01:11 PM »
Will lapsed members be allowed to attend the AGM? Many people who have an interest may have let their membership slide due to the current situation, this could be an ideal opportunity to renew their membership? Could always keep the bar open after the official meeting to allow non members the chance to join, maybe a bit of an open evening,a few football cards or something? Every little helps.

Business as usual by the look of it. From the Clubs website:

"..................the meeting will be for existing FOTL members ONLY" (fair enough, there's a limit of 30 people due to Covid restrictions).

Club's site also says that 3 people will be seeking re-election. Would it not be in the interest of the supporters and potential new members of the FOTL if it was disclosed who they are? I would think that prospective new members would appreciate knowing who was going to be representing them, especially if the FOTL becomes a Supporters Club.

Is it a secret and not for public to know?

New start and the slate wiped clean and start again? I haven't seen anything that convinces me that's the case so far. Seems to be a  case of "as you were"  :dontknow:

Not ideal that potential new members are unable to attend but with COVID restrictions it is understandable - I do wonder how many renewed their membership remotely for 2020-21 vs how many lapsed for last year

As for the committee - it is just a poorly worded press release, there are three 'officers' to be elected (which I guess in MAH's case it would then be a re-election) and a maximum further 9 committee members, although it remains to be seen if there are eleven others who are willing to step forward and help Mr Hill in his quest to wipe slates clean

Thanks Tony. I understand now. As you say, a badly worded statement.

By any chance, do you know who the existing FOTL committee members are?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2021, 01:06:03 PM »
B&G all the committee was posted on here in a previous post you obviously missed it look back and will find the list

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2021, 01:11:46 PM »
B&G all the committee was posted on here in a previous post you obviously missed it look back and will find the list

I didn't miss it. I think you must have missed the fact that it was from nearly 2 years ago. The question which is obvious to everyone, is about now.

So, are you confirming that the list of committee members that you refer to are still the current ones?

This is what the post that you referred to said:

I can give you the Committee as of November 2019
 Sue Cross (Chair), Zoe Sandle (Treasurer), Jamie Heaphey (Secretary), Malcolm Hill, Mark Mallows, Paul Bland, Matthew Green, Joshua Yates, Peter Salazar & Jamie Farr.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2021, 01:24:37 PM »
Malcolm ... Is FOTL A club run initiative or is it an independent body ?   

Are you sure about Barry Fysh being the one to contact with regard to renewing membership?    Fysh’s name doesn’t appear on the list of committee members ?   Or are the FOTL using Non Committee members to hold official posts ?     

Saying you have a lot to sort out Malcolm seems a bit of an understatement.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2021, 03:38:01 PM »
I agree with you Mallard 100% and yes we have a bit to sort out and I assure you it will be

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2021, 03:47:49 PM »
B&G sue Cross for obvious reasons Jamie Heaphey also resigned I hope this answers all your Questions

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2021, 03:54:38 PM »
To all lapsed Members of the friends of the linnets I can see no reason why you cant renew your Membership before the start of the AGM I will be there at 6 15 All membership will be up for renewal on the night

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2021, 04:05:55 PM »
To all lapsed Members of the friends of the linnets I can see no reason why you cant renew your Membership before the start of the AGM I will be there at 6 15 All membership will be up for renewal on the night

Malcolm, this isn't strictly true.  All memberships cease AFTER the AGM (rule 6.5), so are you proposing that you will accept new 2020-21 memberships that last for the duration of the AGM and then people will need to have to take out a new membership for 2021-22? 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2021, 04:25:54 PM »
B&G sue Cross for obvious reasons Jamie Heaphey also resigned I hope this answers all your Questions

Malcolm, thank you but I asked who the current members are, not who's left/resigned.

Or are you saying that the rest of the names on the list you previously referred to are still on the committee?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal