Author Topic: everybody to busy watching the Euros?  (Read 2226 times)

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
everybody to busy watching the Euros?
« on: June 16, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
52 hours since anyone last posted about anything!
I see that Chris Smith has been snapped up by Kettering. I ex Linnet out, 1 ex Linnet in.

KES80

Re: everybody to busy watching the Euros?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:10:50 PM »
Well the post has been read 53 times as I type GC, so there's life out there somewhere.......with ref to Euros, how did Germany finish the game with eleven men still on the pitch ??

KES80

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
I see Southend have signed the Yeovil forward Rhys Whatsisface and Josh Coulson.
Weymouth have brought back Goodship from Southend. Most clubs fairly quiet at this stage.......Barnet have appointed Harry Kewell and Dean Brennan as a management team.
Adam Marriott is having discussions with Eastleigh re a new contract. Eastleigh have given four of their academy players a first team contract, however they are also releasing a similar number who were from the academy in previous years.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »
Gordon you could always kick start things by starting a few threads.   I’m sure you have plenty of thoughts to offer
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
Probably suspect the moves will start to happen a lot more after play offs are finished, and most likely when contracts end in June. Start of July going to be hectic, as I'm sure quite a few clubs will have the players lined up already but not announced for a while.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 07:41:21 PM »
Gordon you could always kick start things by starting a few threads.   I’m sure you have plenty of thoughts to offer
[/quote
The first one would be where the training will take part for full time next season but on this occassion i will let the club announce it.
Don't think i was flavour of the month to announce the folding of the Reserves a couple of weeks ago!

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 03:22:02 PM »
Hi Nikki. I have broad shoulders. When i post it is the truth rather than the bull**** that supporters are fed by the club. People though have short memories. If someone was to write a book about all that will be coming and happening to Lynn as in programme notes and podcasts in the past 4-5 years the book would have more pages than the Bible.
Whoever it is for training they must make sure they get their money!

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 04:40:49 PM »
I see on facebook the linnets have confirmed they will train at Heacham. Also that Norwich will be playing us in a friendly lets hope there will be a good few 1st teamers.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 06:34:45 PM »
More spin than Bull I would call it.  The fans like to hear positive stuff coming out of the club.   Of course at some point you have to deliver.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
One that springs to mind will be the ex Everton Coach that FOUND Wayne Rooney. Taken on at great expense and how many Wayne Rooneys or even Gordon Chilvers' did he find. Big fat zero.
In my time of supplying the kits the MANY times we were told as were the supporters that major sponsorship was coming in. Has that EVER happened. No. One season, SC's first, Double G sponsored the Reserves and then the first team when no other promised major deal was forthcoming. And i have the paperwork as to why Double G bailed them out that season.
Ask yourself everybody why we cannot get any of the major industries in King's Lynn and beyond on board. There are enough major companies on the Hardwick alone without having to venture further afield but not ONE will put their name on the front of a Lynn shirt. That is not being disrespectful of the away shirt sponsor!
Bespak were the last well before this regime and that was done by raffle ticket to which a young lady supporters name was the winning ticket. I believe she then was contacted by Bespak and they made a donation to a charity and subsequently Bespak went on the front of that particular shirt but they never followed that up after that season.
Nikki if you had all the programmes over the seasons and read the promises and false information you would realise what i mean. Unfortunately to many are wearing blinkers and hope that we are in the promised land. . They need to take the blinkers off and see the real deal. Not a pretty sight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal