Author Topic: Stratford  (Read 8856 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Stratford
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:26 PM »
I thought that's what we sponsored the Kit Griss ,does anyone want to buy a Quigs old shirt

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
Todays EDP...Not sure if it sounds hopeful or otherwise.   Coming to a Club Like Kings Lynn  was a not always about the Money.  Lets hope that's still the case, and Setch  can sell it to him on other areas.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/king_s_lynn_town_set_to_scrap_it_out_for_boston_united_striker_john_sands_1_4508085

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 03:14:25 PM »
Just read this - all good and encouraging stuff from Setch?

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/football/king-s-lynn-town-fc-boss-setchell-details-masterplan-for-future-1-7350745

It is positive that he recognises there is still much to be done off the pitch and I just hope that he can find a way, with Buster's support, of healing certain wounds that are still open, through bringing together all of the different factions who have at heart one thing in common - their wish for a succesful, thriving, senior, community based non league club.

Maybe i am naive in believing that there is still much untapped goodwill out there?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 03:50:57 PM »
Fine words from Setch to go into the summer with.   It should all be buzzing next season.  What did he mean by he needs to reduce the deficit ?  Has the club Dropped Money this season ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
I have heard it said that Buster 'invested' a significant five figure sum this season.....Fact or fiction???

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »
What sort of attendances did we budget for this season, because I doubt we would have been expecting sub-400 crowds for some First Team fixtures this season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's resulted in a shortfall.

Setch's biggest signings this summer may well be sponsors, never mind players.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
I think supporters need to get behind Setch and his efforts to take the club forward both on and off the pitch. The club has done very well this season with Setch as GM all the teams have done well and with the introduction of the U16's and ladies teams plus the link up with Bully, as seen tonight with the Elite U12's playing before the reserves game at Dereham, and more in the pipeline the future looks very positive. The signing of Sands is an obvious priority and it is obvious Setch will be doing his best. I think continually going on about Buster and budgets will achieve nothing, supporting Setch in his efforts is what we need to be doing.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
Most fans have no problem in supporting Setch in what he is trying to achieve but many stay aways have a problem with the other person  Tazzy. Rightly or wrongly them's the problems Setch has to overcome. I wish him well in his task

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »
If he has in fact 'topped up' the playing budget this season it is a shame that this has not been made public as that might well deflect some of the cynicism and negativity?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
It just needs more openness. If he has invested then is this a loan or donation? Has the money come from funds that were raised through the bar and lettings?
The fans got rid of John Dollimore  . . .
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

gs

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 07:36:46 PM »
The fans didn't get rid of Dollimore a consortium bought him out

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Well put it this way, there were protests, the management committee refused to work with him and some of the volunteers stopped volunteering.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
Well put it this way, there were protests, the management committee refused to work with him and some of the volunteers stopped volunteering.
More importantly, many of the supporters stopped going to the games!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »
History always has a habit of repeating itself

gs

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »
I suppose at the end of the day you find out who true supporters are.