Author Topic: Stratford  (Read 8854 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Stratford
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »
You supported Dollimore?

Sometimes the ends justifies the means.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »
So the conclusion to all discussions must be that all people need to start working together, we already have all team manager working together, and this is showing success on the pitch. Now that General manager his job should now turn to addressing the problems off the pitch, gaining sponsorship we know will be his main concern,other fundraising could be turned over to the friends of the Linnets, a group that i feel could be opened up to fans a lot more,it doesn't ring like a true supporters club to me, supporters not often involved,enlarge the committee, put more people in place who will arrange fans evenings at the walks, get funds in that way. And finally Setch please see if something can be done about the dire catering at the walks,we are a laughing stock amongst visiting fans,especially when 'events' clash! :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

gs

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:25 PM »
I supported the football club and have done for 60 years.and for last 30 years have done 100 miles round trip to all home matches.just can't be bothered with the internal running of the club nether have never will

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »
Up until the previous club going bust and the full extent of the damage done by that management  and previous management teams not many peope were interested in the internal workings of the club. I myself would turn up on a saturday,pay my entrance,buy beer, burgers etc,i would watch a game that had me cheering or crying,few after match beers and home. it was when many financial irregularities arose people started to ask questions,people took more interest in the way the club was run. Unfortunately for buster he took the bull by the horns so therefore became the first owner under pressure to ensure that the club doesn't go under again,this means many people are interested in the finances,but not everyone, this would have befallen anyone who took on the club. We just need more people to turn up and not be interested in finance,but nice to have people who are interested.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 09:57:56 PM »
With all this sponsorship that Setch goes out and gets during the summer will the Cheques for this still be made out in favour of Norfolk Arena or will there be a seperate account that Setch, as GM will have control over ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 10:45:25 PM »
I personally couldn't care less about the financiers as long I have a team to watch but having said that I try and help by sponsoring a player but every little helps

GrahamB

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:19 AM »
I don't know if Dollimore verbally backed Buster ,but in an interview in December 2009 in the Lynn News Buster stated that "he didn't know the guy and that he had nothing to do with Busters taking over of the club"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Buster has stated a lot of things since he was given control of the Club

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
It just needs more openness. If he has invested then is this a loan or donation? Has the money come from funds that were raised through the bar and lettings?
The fans got rid of John Dollimore  . . .

'More openess'..Absolutely agree with you on that one!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 02:26:17 PM »
Just to prove that an Event can be promoted when it needs to be.

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/speedway/king-s-lynn-stars-boss-chapman-urges-side-to-beat-champions-poole-1-7352274

He didn't mention that you can stay in the warm and watch it on TV!   :freezing: