Author Topic: Archie Mair to go on loan ?  (Read 3068 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Archie Mair to go on loan ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 09:10:15 PM »
When Norwich announced the return of Gunn last week, Farke said he now had 4 Keepers. When he named them, he didn't include Mair.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

KES80

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 01:35:39 PM »
Yes, interesting isn't it....... people at Norwich have been saying they have pleased with his progress, having given him a new contract, yet he is not in the top 4. If he goes out on loan in the EFL, it will be interesting to see how he fares. Still personally believe he will need to come for crosses more often......time will tell.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 02:55:12 PM »
The lad is going a step up from the National League and there were Lynn fans questioning his ability last season. 

Pickford wouldn’t have looked great behind that back line, at times last season.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 04:19:27 PM »
I won't comment on Pickford till after the Germany game.....is till England have played someone decent :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 06:38:02 PM »
Well insert any keeper you wish KES.  At times that defence would have made any keeper look poor.

KES80

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
Oh you have opened the door there Mall.............but I won't go there as we have been round that avenue a million times already !

Be interesting to see how he goes at Rochdale or wherever....and of course we all wish him the best

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 09:02:32 AM »
Surprise to me that he’s moving UP.  Good luck to him, but I’ve never seen a keeper less involved in his own box.  Nearly always rooted to the goal-line, and saving with his feet.  But, a I say, I wish him luck…

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 09:36:48 AM »
I guess others think different Dilly. 

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 12:24:17 PM »
Fair do’s, Mallard !….

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 01:26:58 PM »
Football is always about opinions Dilly.  A young lad learning his Trade didn’t really enjoy the support from the fans he maybe deserved.

KES80

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 06:22:53 PM »
Was a bit unfortunate that he followed the fans favourite in Pedro, who was left out in the cold fairly sharpish. Not Archie's doing, but made it difficult for him. As with anyone representing the club,he deserved the fans support.

I attempted to stay as positive as possible, but personally, I saw little to convince me over the course of the season, that he was more successful than Pedro would have been between the sticks.
A top shot- stopper no doubt,but you can't just gel with your defenders from day one.....that takes time..and that was the challenge as Pedro and the defence knew each other inside out.

Let's hope Archie takes heart from his new Norwich contract and continues to improve in the EFL.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 06:34:07 PM »
Always going to be tough for the lad when he took the shirt of one of our own who had played from the club reforming at step 5 right through to step 1.  As for as IC and Bassa they were on a no win situation.   They had to follow their heads.

KES80

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2021, 06:56:44 PM »
......and maybe an agreement already made (tho that has of course been denied, as one would naturally expect, in the circumstances)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »
Maybe, then again if they were ‘shopping’ for a keeper then there was always a chance he would end up as the No1

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal